Windows Store not working

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 26
    Windows 10
       #11

    Hi. Tried the step and entered:

    PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

    The system said something about "deployment operation..."

    Then confirmed time zone correct.

    Tried to launch Store. No dice...



    DavidG said:
    Hi stocktiki,
    Did you try the links posted by Brink (post #2)? The second link fixed my problem but after doing that check your time zone.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 180
    Windows 10
       #12

    stocktiki said:
    Hi. Tried the step and entered:

    PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

    The system said something about "deployment operation..."

    Then confirmed time zone correct.

    Tried to launch Store. No dice...
    That cut & paste method if tricky, if your keyboard has a different shaped quote mark it does not run. Try the .bat file click on the link with the red arrow. After it runs you should see "press any key to continue".
    PS you might need to reduce your browser to an ICON to see it.

    Windows Store not working-tiki.png
    Last edited by DavidG; 23 Aug 2015 at 09:31.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 180
    Windows 10
       #13

    This link from Brink's post is the one that resets the time. Running this will make your computer think it is back at Microsoft headquarters in Redmond, Washington that changes the time zone.

    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 26
    Windows 10
       #14

    Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it ... still nothing. Store won't open.

    Disappointed since it was working great before -- and Windows 10 is awesome ... except for this. Afraid to do a reinstall - as I fear getting a bug that's even worse. . . .
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 180
    Windows 10
       #15

    stocktiki said:
    Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it ... still nothing. Store won't open.

    Disappointed since it was working great before -- and Windows 10 is awesome ... except for this. Afraid to do a reinstall - as I fear getting a bug that's even worse. . . .
    I understand, and FYI doing a WIN 10 reinstall can make it much more difficult to return to WIN 7 or 8.1

    Have you run sfc /scannow ? The space between "SFC" and "/" is very important. It is a very basic and safe test.
    Here is a link that explains SFC (system file checker). It works fine in WIN 10.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 26
    Windows 10
       #16

    I got a problem too. Hopefully someone can help me out

    I can open the Windows Store, but the "Free" button to download the apps are all greyed over.

    My Time zone is set correctly to UTC -5 (Eastern Time US)
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 26
    Windows 10
       #17

    I did the time "re-sync" with Windows

    It seemed to have worked.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 22
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit
       #18

    Yeah, I not only corrected the time zone, I also reset thetime thru the Internet.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 26
    Windows 10
       #19

    After four hours of waiting, finally got through to Windows customer support. They acknowledged this is an issue.

    They said the powershell command, clearing cache and checking time zone are all things they are recommending people to do to fix the problem. Sometimes it works - sometimes it doesn't.

    The last suggestion they gave to me was to create a new account on the PC and see if the store works in that account. If it does - then migrate to that account.

    I set up a new account using an unrelated Microsoft account. The account was created - but the Store wouldn't open at all. I removed the account.

    Now ... I have a dormant user folder -- and Windows won't let me delete it - saying it's in use - even though, the account was deleted in settings.

    Uggh.

    Whatrymes said:
    Yeah, I not only corrected the time zone, I also reset thetime thru the Internet.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 180
    Windows 10
       #20

    Try doing a SHUTDOWN (not a RESTART) and see if you can delete the folder.
    A shutdown means the folder can't be "IN USE".
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:35.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums