Windows 10: Net 3.5 framework, cannot install 0x800F081F. Solved

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 5
    Windows 10 Enterprise
       15 Aug 2015 #1

    Net 3.5 framework, cannot install 0x800F081F.


    Hello everyone!
    I tried everything that can be found on the internet, i tried to download from microsoft website, no luck, tried the offline install with the win 10 installer, nothing worked. I really need a fix, so please try to help me!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       15 Aug 2015 #2
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.   My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 5
    Windows 10 Enterprise
       15 Aug 2015 #4

    Sadly, i tried everything, topgundcp's command line, and microsoft's too, and now i tried again and got the 0x800F0906 error code now.

    This is the error code if i try the offline with win 10 installer:
    Error: 0x800f081fThe source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source.
    topgundcp's command gives me this error: Error: 6800
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 13,921
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       15 Aug 2015 #5

    DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:E:\sources\sxs
    Where the Source:E was the USB I used to do Win10 installation (E: should be whatever your drive letter is with the windows 10 ISO)
    As letter case and spacing is very important, copy & paste the command into Notepad and change the drive letter only, then copy & paste into an admin command prompt.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 5
    Windows 10 Enterprise
       16 Aug 2015 #6

    Cliff S said: View Post
    DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:E:\sources\sxs
    Where the Source:E was the USB I used to do Win10 installation (E: should be whatever your drive letter is with the windows 10 ISO)
    As letter case and spacing is very important, copy & paste the command into Notepad and change the drive letter only, then copy & paste into an admin command prompt.
    Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source.

    This is the error i get, did everything i could.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 13,921
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       16 Aug 2015 #7

    Ok, this has always worked for me, but in the Microsoft Community, there is a thread I have been following, and there are other options. Maybe you want to read through it, and try some others(it's only six pages long): How to instal .Net Framework 3.5 on Windows 10
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 5
    Windows 10 Enterprise
       16 Aug 2015 #8

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Ok, this has always worked for me, but in the Microsoft Community, there is a thread I have been following, and there are other options. Maybe you want to read through it, and try some others(it's only six pages long): How to instal .Net Framework 3.5 on Windows 10
    Thanks! dism /online /add-package /packagepath:E:\sources\sxs\microsoft-windows-netfx3-ondemand-package.cab worked for me!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 13,921
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       16 Aug 2015 #9

    Great, you're welcome. Like I've said before, what works on one system, doesn't necessarily work on another.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    23 Oct 2015 #10

    Cliff S said: View Post
    DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:E:\sources\sxs
    Where the Source:E was the USB I used to do Win10 installation (E: should be whatever your drive letter is with the windows 10 ISO)
    As letter case and spacing is very important, copy & paste the command into Notepad and change the drive letter only, then copy & paste into an admin command prompt.
    Thank you very much, for me it worked perfectly
    I introduced the usb stick snd i started cmd with Administrator rights, i changed the location for usb stick with the right one, in cmd then paste the comad line hit "ENTER" and everything was solved in less than a minute.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Related Threads
Hi! I just do clean install windows 10 and unable to install net framework 3.5 it give an error 0x800736B3 "The referenced assembly is not installed on your system" , I did try to enable group policy setting that I read from microsoft helper but...
I'm trying to install visual studio community 2015, however it has an error '.net framework required for setup'. Tried installing .net framework 4.5 but it is stated that 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is already a part of this operating system. ...
Hi Guys apologies if this is the wrong forum... I have just upgraded a new dell laptop i7 / 16gb ram from windows 8.1 pro to windows 10 pro and all went fine. I need to install sql server management studio 2014 on it, but it requires .net...
.NET Framework Error (0x800F081F) in Software and Apps
Whenever I try to use anything that uses .NET Framework I need to re download it. The problem is that whenever i try to the error message "Windows couldn't find the required files to complete the requested changes. Make sure you're connected to the...
I'm trying to repair my Windows Store, but DISM seems to refuse to work. I made an installation ISO that's the same version as mu os using the tool, but DISM still gives me a source error. I'm running 10240. C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism.exe /online...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums