Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    15 Aug 2015 #11
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,942
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdesigner View Post
    When I try and download 'Paint' I seem to get diverted to a Site that tries to make me install Google Chrome and I definitely do not want to have Chrome as my Browser.

    This is where the link for Paint is taking me.

    http://free.easymaillogin.com/instal...errorCode=edge
    Here, try this
    http://www.dotpdn.com/files/paint.net.4.0.6.install.zip
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    15 Aug 2015 #12
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,942
    W10Prox64

    System Requirements Minimum System

    • Windows 7 SP1 or newer (including Windows 8, 8.1, and 10)
    • 1GHz processor (dual-core recommended)
    • 1GB of RAM

    Paint.NET depends on Microsoft's .NET Framework 4.5, which is automatically installed if it isn't already on the system.


    Paint.NET will automatically run in 64-bit mode if possible. You must have a 64-bit capable CPU and an x64 edition of Windows.
    (I can tell you it runs just fine on x86 - that's what I have it on right now.)


    Paint.NET uses your hard drive to store temporary files related to undo/redo history. Because of this, actual disk space requirements will depend on the actions you perform on an image, and on the size of the image.


    Paint.NET does not work on Windows RT.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    15 Aug 2015 #13
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,942
    W10Prox64

    Another good one is Gimp
    http://www.gimp.org/
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    15 Aug 2015 #14
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,942
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdesigner View Post
    When I try and download 'Paint' I seem to get diverted to a Site that tries to make me install Google Chrome and I definitely do not want to have Chrome as my Browser.

    This is where the link for Paint is taking me.

    http://free.easymaillogin.com/instal...errorCode=edge
    hmmm....you might have Mindspark or some other browser re-director on your system? Might want to run a scan with Malwarebytes...make sure you have the settings to detect PUPs and PUMs as malware before you run it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    16 Aug 2015 #15
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 169
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by simrick View Post
    System Requirements Minimum System

    • Windows 7 SP1 or newer (including Windows 8, 8.1, and 10)
    • 1GHz processor (dual-core recommended)
    • 1GB of RAM

    Paint.NET depends on Microsoft's .NET Framework 4.5, which is automatically installed if it isn't already on the system.


    Paint.NET will automatically run in 64-bit mode if possible. You must have a 64-bit capable CPU and an x64 edition of Windows.
    (I can tell you it runs just fine on x86 - that's what I have it on right now.)


    Paint.NET uses your hard drive to store temporary files related to undo/redo history. Because of this, actual disk space requirements will depend on the actions you perform on an image, and on the size of the image.


    Paint.NET does not work on Windows RT.
    Hi

    My Computer is only 32 bit, will it still run paint?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    16 Aug 2015 #16
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 212
    10 (Free upgrade)

    My Computer is only 32 bit, will it still run paint?
    Yes, it will... but Paint.NET is better!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    16 Aug 2015 #17
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 169
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by teachermark View Post
    Yes, it will... but Paint.NET is better!
    Hi

    I've finally managed to Install Paint.net

    Just what I need, many thanks to everyone.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    16 Aug 2015 #18
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,942
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdesigner View Post
    Hi

    My Computer is only 32 bit, will it still run paint?
    yes! My computer is 32-bit and it runs just fine! >>(I can tell you it runs just fine on x86 - that's what I have it on right now.)<<

    Quote Originally Posted by teachermark View Post
    Yes, it will... but Paint.NET is better!
    This *IS* what we're referring to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdesigner View Post
    Hi

    I've finally managed to Install Paint.net

    Just what I need, many thanks to everyone.
    YAY!!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    16 Aug 2015 #19
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 181
    Windows 10

    Paint.NET is one of my favorite programs.

    I use Lightroom for most photo processing, but Paint.NET does everything else.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    16 Aug 2015 #20
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 212
    10 (Free upgrade)

    This *IS* what we're referring to...
    Oops! So it is. I should have studied the web address closer in the first post!
    No matter - we got there in the end!

    I'm still stuck on Coral's updated (but outdated) version of ULead Photo Impact.
    Thank heavens that still works fine on Windows 10!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Photo App Crashes
Anyone know if the Photo App crashing issue is fixed. When I open mine, it crashes and closes soon after.
Software and Apps
Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer.
Hai, Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer. i reset default apps. i choose default apps by file type. 28169281702817128172 Regards. bala.
General Support
Photo App Crashing
When double clicking an image I get the Photo App load screen. The image may render for a second or the App simply crashes. Its somewhat intermittent, but it seems to work with more frequency when I go directly to the Photo App itself. I'm not quite...
Software and Apps
10240 photo NOT
Seems like in 10240 the desktop version of Windows Photo Viewer is no longer available as an app to open photos. :(
Software and Apps
Zoner Photo Studio: The best photo editor and organizer
Free Give away download of popular image program http://www.zoner.com/__mailing/2014-06-17-softpedia-special-offer-en/index.htm
Chillout Room
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums