Stop CCleaner from touching the Recycle Bin


  1. Posts : 151
    Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit
       #1

    Stop CCleaner from touching the Recycle Bin


    Heya!

    Is there any way for me to stop CCleaner from deleting Recycle Bin contents. I mean to stop it from doing that at all, so it will not do that even after content inside is over 24 hours old...
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 25,034
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #2

    Sweetsweetcorn said:
    Is there any way for me to stop CCleaner from deleting Recycle Bin contents....

    On the Custom Clean, just scroll down to System and un-tick Empty Recycle Bin.

    Stop CCleaner from touching the Recycle Bin-image.png
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 39,994
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #3

    Also uncheck memory dumps and windows log files as these can be used for troubleshooting.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 151
    Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Bree said:
    On the Custom Clean, just scroll down to System and un-tick Empty Recycle Bin.

    Stop CCleaner from touching the Recycle Bin-image.png
    I have it set to do that advanced automatic cleaning thing, will unchecking that stop it from happening then too?

    - - - Updated - - -

    zbook said:
    Also uncheck memory dumps and windows log files as these can be used for troubleshooting.
    Very helpful advice. Wish I had known it earlier before I used the software!

    They should leave that stuff unchecked by default. Bad devs.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 25,034
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #5

    Sweetsweetcorn said:
    They should leave that stuff unchecked by default. Bad devs.

    While you're about it, you might like to look in Options > Cookies and see which ones by default won't get cleaned: Avast, Piriform, CCleaner etc.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 151
    Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Bree said:
    While you're about it, you might like to look in Options > Cookies and see which ones by default won't get cleaned: Avast, Piriform, CCleaner etc.
    I already fixed that one :)
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:10.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums