This app has been blocked for your protection error

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 107
    Win 10 x 64 bit
       #1

    This app has been blocked for your protection error


    Hello,

    when I am trying to launch one game I get the following error screen :

    "This app has been blocked for your protection An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.For more information,contact the administrator."

    I guarantee with 100 % , that the game is safe for running,so I would please you to help me resolve this issue,in order I play the game without the need of disabling the UAC.

    Thanks in advance.

    My Win 10 OS version is : 1909 (OS Build 18363.778)
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 16,152
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 - Build 18363 Custom ISO Install
       #2

    Hello @tenmen,

    System Specifications

    Please update your system [ hardware ] specifications => How to Fill in your System Specs at Ten Forums.
    It will help us to help you!

    Thanks.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 107
    Win 10 x 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Paul Black said:
    Hello @tenmen,

    System Specifications

    Please update your system [ hardware ] specifications => How to Fill in your System Specs at Ten Forums.
    It will help us to help you!

    Thanks.
    My specs are:

    CPU:Core 2 Quad Q8300 @2.50 GHz
    GPU:Nvidia GT 520 1 GB DDR3
    RAM:8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    Samsung 840 Series 120 GB SSD
    PSU:CCiVO
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 7,484
    Windows 10 Home 20H2
       #4

    tenmen said:
    "This app has been blocked for your protection An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.For more information,contact the adminstrator."
    Have you contacted the administrator? Perhaps s/he does not want you to play the game.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 107
    Win 10 x 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Matthew Wai said:
    Have you contacted the administrator? Perhaps s/he does not want you to play the game.
    I am the Administrator.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 7,484
    Windows 10 Home 20H2
       #6

    Have you ever run the app successfully? Could you play the game previously? When was it blocked?
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 107
    Win 10 x 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Matthew Wai said:
    Have you ever run the app successfully? Could you play the game previously? When was it blocked?
    Yes,I have played the game without any problem,but only if I have disabled the UAC.
    But I would like to know if there is a way,I can play the game without the need I disable the UAC?
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 7,484
    Windows 10 Home 20H2
       #8

    Have you tried running it as an administrator? Right-click on it and select "Run as administrator".
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 107
    Win 10 x 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Matthew Wai said:
    Have you tried running it as an administrator? Right-click on it and select "Run as administrator".
    Yes,I have but I got the same error again.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 56,109
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #10

    tenmen said:
    Yes,I have but I got the same error again.

    Look at the .exe of the game itself, the actual executable file with the .exe extension. Right click the file and choose properties. Look to see if you have an option at the bottom to "unblock" the file. If so, check the Unblock, Apply, Ok, close. Try your game again. Following pic is only an example:

    This app has been blocked for your protection error-2020-06-26_09h54_50.png
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:47.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums