Windows 10: Windows 10 DVD Player

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1.    15 Aug 2015 #31

    I'll only have it until the next clean install so I haven't even bothered to play with it. It's MIA on two of my PC's already.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 8,310
    Windows 10 Professional
       15 Aug 2015 #32

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    I'll only have it until the next clean install so I haven't even bothered to play with it. It's MIA on two of my PC's already.
    I think, if you've got a 'Windows 8.1 Windows Media Center' Product Key, you should qualify for the DVD App!

    (Already had it out with them!)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000025.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	31594
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    15 Aug 2015 #33

    Edwin said: View Post
    I think, if you've got a 'Windows 8.1 Windows Media Center' Product Key, you should qualify for the DVD App!

    (Already had it out with them!)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000025.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	31594
    It should be tied to something so you can get it back, that's for sure. If it showed up under your "My Library" in the store you'd be all set.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 14,928
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       15 Aug 2015 #34

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    It should be tied to something so you can get it back, that's for sure. If it showed up under your "My Library" in the store you'd be all set.
    But instead all the crap you tried and uninstalled is there.... On all devices using the same User AccountClick image for larger version. 

Name:	thfaint.gif 
Views:	103 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	31599
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 8,310
    Windows 10 Professional
       15 Aug 2015 #35

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    It should be tied to something so you can get it back, that's for sure. If it showed up under your "My Library" in the store you'd be all set.
    Precisely!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 8,310
    Windows 10 Professional
       15 Aug 2015 #36

    Cliff S said: View Post
    But instead all the crap you tried and uninstalled is there.... On all devices using the same User AccountClick image for larger version. 

Name:	thfaint.gif 
Views:	103 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	31599
    Also precise!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    15 Aug 2015 #37

    So much thread hijacking

    Again, I wasn't trying to compare this app to VLC, simply asking how to get it for free like the site said I would. Already resolved...

    *unsubscribes*
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    15 Aug 2015 #38

    Cliff S said: View Post
    But instead all the crap you tried and uninstalled is there.... On all devices using the same User AccountClick image for larger version. 

Name:	thfaint.gif 
Views:	103 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	31599
    Don't get me going on that. When I got my ASUS laptop and signed in with my Microsoft Account, all the preinstalled Apps (ASUS Bloat) were immediately added to "My Library" in the Store. Even though I never used them and promptly uninstalled them. Also like you say, try out an app, but don't like it, too bad its yours forever. My My Library section is so full of junk its basically useless to me know.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 14,928
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       15 Aug 2015 #39

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Also like you say, try out an app, but don't like it, too bad its yours forever. My My Library section is so full of junk its basically useless to me know.
    Microsoft's answer to digital herpes
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 806
    Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10, Linux, Android, FreeBSD Unix
       13 Sep 2015 #40

    Get it here, download from Microsoft but a manual installation is needed:
    https://matthill.eu/tutorials/instal...d-player-free/
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Windows DVD Player Skipping in Software and Apps
I was watching a DVD using the Windows DVD Player, and the movie kept skipping. I thought it was a damaged DVD that Netflix sent me, so I sent the DVD back for a replacement. When I received the replacement today, it was also skipping. Then it...
Windows 10 Media player? in Software and Apps
from what i was reading i thought windows media player was going to be removed from windows but when i upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10 pro insider build i still have the media player and it still works.
Windows DVD Player in Software and Apps
So I have upgraded from a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate and according to KB Article 3081704 I should be able to get it. Any reason why I only see $14.99 on the windows store?
​I have a lot of music saved into Windows Media Player on Windows 7. I am aware that the new Windows 10 Upgrade will not have Windows Media Player, but that another player will either come within the Upgrade or a new music player is available. So...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:17.
Find Us