Windows 10: Adding Media to Groove Music and Movies and TV Apps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    11 Aug 2015 #1

    Adding Media to Groove Music and Movies and TV Apps


    I have all my media, music and movies sitting on a ReadyNAS 516 and have the shares mapped to Win 10 just fine. I can access all my media from the OS and other applications just fine. The issue is when I add "where to look" from both Groove Music and Movies and TV app, they never pick up my media and add to the available media for playback.

    Very frustrating, any suggestions?

    Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    11 Aug 2015 #2

    it wont work, unfortunately

    the shares need to be on a windows based machine for these apps to use the media

    this is an old link for windows 8, but its the same for 10
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...3-812c70339ef6
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    11 Aug 2015 #3

    Are you kidding me? Why in the world would MS code a media app that can't access media from network locations?


    paulsalter said: View Post
    it wont work, unfortunately

    the shares need to be on a windows based machine for these apps to use the media

    this is an old link for windows 8, but its the same for 10
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...3-812c70339ef6
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    11 Aug 2015 #4

    That I don't know, if the network location is an MS machine it will work, if not it wont

    Its been the same since 8 came out

    best bet is use the Feedback app and look for others that have asked for it, and say I want this also
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    11 Aug 2015 #5

    guyp2k said: View Post
    Are you kidding me? Why in the world would MS code a media app that can't access media from network locations?
    It should work. I just added my synology and it began to index 'em and the albums showed up.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	groove.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	30500

    Not impressed tho', seems very basic and slow although I do have 100+ GB on the NAS.

    I reinstalled Kodi and the difference was like night and day. http://kodi.tv/
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    11 Aug 2015 #6

    Torquemada said: View Post
    It should work. I just added my synology and it began to index 'em and the albums showed up.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	groove.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	30500

    Not impressed tho', seems very basic and slow although I do have 100+ GB on the NAS.

    I reinstalled Kodi and the difference was like night and day. http://kodi.tv/
    are they still there after you restart the app/your machine?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    11 Aug 2015 #7

    I'll let you know Paul , its still chugging 'em down. If it doesn't save 'em it's bloody awful on Microsofts part. Kodi is 100 times the app this Groove thing is. Off shopping, I'll report back.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    11 Aug 2015 #8

    Torquemada said: View Post
    I'll let you know Paul , its still chugging 'em down. If it doesn't save 'em it's bloody awful on Microsofts part. Kodi is 100 times the app this Groove thing is. Off shopping, I'll report back.
    Maybe it is the way I have my media mapped...for examp \\ip_address\media\music and then \\ip_address\media\movies.

    I will test with just \\name\media\music and report back...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    11 Aug 2015 #9

    Torquemada said: View Post
    I'll let you know Paul , its still chugging 'em down. If it doesn't save 'em it's bloody awful on Microsofts part. Kodi is 100 times the app this Groove thing is. Off shopping, I'll report back.
    from what I have read, this is where it goes wrong
    windows cannot index a non ms share, so it looks ok to start with, but then you end up with nothing

    look forward to your result, I would like to be proved wrong
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    11 Aug 2015 #10

    paulsalter said: View Post
    from what I have read, this is where it goes wrong
    windows cannot index a non ms share, so it looks ok to start with, but then you end up with nothing

    look forward to your result, I would like to be proved wrong
    Not the end of the world, thank god for Plex, JRiver Media Center, and KODI.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Spent the best part of a day fixing my PC after a W10 upgrade this morning. All seems to be working well now except that I have an issue with a couple of Metro apps - those named in the title. What happens is that the apps open and then...
only media player and groove music don't play audio, other apps play mp3 and wav. ( MP and MG plays noises :( ) how i fix this ? i have IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
Groove music app ? in Software and Apps
Why does this feel so half done. I used to love the Zune software. It practically was my home page back in the day. Why is this so feature less? I hope they are going to add more features to this software. The one feature i was looking to use was...
Hello everyone! After I installed Windows 10, I can not hear music by Groove Music software, Windows Media Player and video Movies & TV software. If I open the song by Groove Music by double-click the song, then get the error as shown below If I...
Source: Music and Movies TV pages in the Windows Store available in additional markets | Blogging Windows
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:15.
Find Us