ccleaner - office 2019 question

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Steven Campoli's Avatar
    Posts : 1,226
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #1

    ccleaner - office 2019 question


    Hey guys. I did a fresh install windows 10, ccleaner and office 2019 professional plus

    When I open ccleaner and then click custom clean and click on applications, it says office 2016 not 2019

    If someone here has office 2019 pro plus with ccleaner can you kindly open cc and take a screenshot of what office year it reports

    Thanks !
      My Computers

  2. sygnus21's Avatar
    Posts : 5,362
    Win 10 Pro (x64) 20H2 (19042.928)
       #2

    Hi, maybe I'm missing something but I've never ever seen any version of Office include a non-Microsoft app like ccleaner.

    Steven Campoli said:
    Hey guys. I did a fresh install windows 10, ccleaner and office 2019 professional plus

    When I open ccleaner and then click custom clean and click on applications, it says office 2016 not 2019

    If someone here has office 2019 pro plus with ccleaner can you kindly open cc and take a screenshot of what office year it reports

    Please clarify?
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 358
    Windows 10
       #3

    Steven Campoli said:
    Hey guys. I did a fresh install windows 10, ccleaner and office 2019 professional plus

    When I open ccleaner and then click custom clean and click on applications, it says office 2016 not 2019

    If someone here has office 2019 pro plus with ccleaner can you kindly open cc and take a screenshot of what office year it reports

    Thanks !
    Yes, it shows Office 2016. As I have understood, 2016 and 2019 are basically the same.
      My Computer

  4. Steven Campoli's Avatar
    Posts : 1,226
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #4

    sygnus21 said:
    Hi, maybe I'm missing something but I've never ever seen any version of Office include a non-Microsoft app like ccleaner.


    Please clarify?
    Clarify? Open ccleaner , click custom clean, theirs a applications section, listed is office 2016 instead of 2019

    - - - Updated - - -

    Anibor said:
    Yes, it shows Office 2016. As I have understood, 2016 and 2019 are basically the same.
    My guess is because the folder structure states 16.0 just like office 2016, they didn’t change the folder names to 19.0... my guess
      My Computers

  5. sygnus21's Avatar
    Posts : 5,362
    Win 10 Pro (x64) 20H2 (19042.928)
       #5

    Steven Campoli said:
    Clarify? Open ccleaner , click custom clean, theirs a applications section, listed is office 2016 instead of 2019
    I don't use (nor do I have use for) ccleaner.

    Anyway, my point was your post reads as though ccleaner get's installed with Office. It does not and never has with any "Official" Microsoft Office suite. That was the point of my "please clarify" question. However, based on Anibor's relpy, I'm now "assuming" you meant ccleaner reads your installed copy of Office 2019 as 2016. And in fact is not installed with Office.
      My Computers

  6. Steven Campoli's Avatar
    Posts : 1,226
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #6

    sygnus21 said:
    I don't use (nor do I have use for) ccleaner.

    Anyway, my point was your post reads as though ccleaner get's installed with Office. It does not and never has with any "Official" Microsoft Office suite. That was the point of my "please clarify" question. However, based on Anibor's relpy, I'm now "assuming" you meant ccleaner reads your installed copy of Office 2019 as 2016. And in fact is not installed with Office.
    Yes, thanks for the reply, that’s exactly it.
      My Computers

  7. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 18,682
    10 Home x64 (20H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #7

    Steven Campoli said:
    When I open ccleaner and then click custom clean and click on applications, it says office 2016 not 2019
    What version of CCleaner do you have? An old version would not know about software that was released after your CCleaner.
      My Computers

  8. Steven Campoli's Avatar
    Posts : 1,226
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #8

    Bree said:
    What version of CCleaner do you have? An old version would not know about software that was released after your CCleaner.
    Latest version of ccleaner
      My Computers

  9. Compumind's Avatar
    Posts : 2,717
    Windows 10 Pro x64, Various Linux Builds, Networking, Storage, Cybersecurity Specialty.
       #9

    Please note -

    CCleaner was just updated.
    I had to turn off so many annoying "functions", that it is becoming bloatware.

    Whatever.
      My Computer

  10. Steven Campoli's Avatar
    Posts : 1,226
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #10

    Yes I’m running the latest version and it still sees office as 2016
      My Computers


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums