1. Joined : Aug 2015
    Armada, MI
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10
       10 Aug 2015 #1

    Can't find WordPad


    Upgraded to Windows 10 from 7. I used Word Pad for creating all docs. Now I can't find it. The same docs are in Office but are formatted different and require payment for subscription. Was my Word Pad deleted in the upgrade or can still get to it?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 17,363
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15007
       10 Aug 2015 #2

    Hello Ric, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    WordPad (C:\Windows\write.exe) is located at:

    Start menu -> All apps -> Windows Accessories

    All apps in Start menu - Open and Use in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3.    10 Aug 2015 #3

    In my Windows 10 it is in this place...

    "%ProgramFiles%\Windows NT\Accessories\wordpad.exe"
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 14
    Windows 10
       10 Aug 2015 #4

    I lost mine also but I just reinstalled from the cd that I bought sometime ago. Might be able to find an old copy of Works 9 at a thrift store.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Aug 2015
    Armada, MI
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10
       10 Aug 2015 #5

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello Ric, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    WordPad (C:\Windows\write.exe) is located at:

    Start menu -> All apps -> Windows Accessories

    All apps in Start menu - Open and Use in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Thanks for the quick response. I found it although the upgrade affected the structure of my docs. I had to rework the one I needed. Windows 7 also allowed me to fill my desktop with more icons than I really needed but Windows 10 made them all too large to fit even changing the view to small icons. They're still bigger than they were on W7. Also the look of my hotmail inbox is too big to show more than a word or two in the subject column. Don't know why everything is so big. It's almost like safe mode.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 53
    windows 10
       14 Apr 2016 #6

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello Ric, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    WordPad (C:\Windows\write.exe) is located at:

    Start menu -> All apps -> Windows Accessories

    All apps in Start menu - Open and Use in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Hello Brink, if I may intrude a little bit here, I do not have Wordpad in Windows Accessories Windows 10. Only the Notepad. I tried under "Microsoft", under "P", under "Word", etc. and can't find it anywhere. Is there another way of search for me? Thanks ever so much for any help!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jul 2015
    Eastbourne East Sussex UK
    Posts : 2,431
    Windows 10 Home x64: 1607 Redstone (1) Build 143934.693
       14 Apr 2016 #7

    Adela said: View Post
    Hello Brink, if I may intrude a little bit here, I do not have Wordpad in Windows Accessories Windows 10. Only the Notepad. I tried under "Microsoft", under "P", under "Word", etc. and can't find it anywhere. Is there another way of search for me? Thanks ever so much for any help!
    Mine is where Brink posted it is
    Windows Accessories
    Click open
    Scroll down and it should be between
    Windows Journal
    XPS Viewer

    If you cannot find it do this
    Press Windows key + R

    Type: wordpad

    Hit Enter

    If it opens, just right click it then pin it to your Taskbar.
    Last edited by hTconeM9user; 14 Apr 2016 at 06:24.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 53
    windows 10
       14 Apr 2016 #8

    hTconeM9user said: View Post
    Mine is where Brink posted it is
    Windows Accessories
    Click open
    Scroll down and it should be between
    Windows Journal
    XPS Viewer
    Thanks so much hTconeM9user but I really do not see it there, I don't even see Windows Journal and XPS Viewer. It's a very short list under Windows Accessories. However, I saw a video where they suggested to go to Start, Search, find it and pin it to the start app. I did and I now have it in my start page.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jul 2015
    Eastbourne East Sussex UK
    Posts : 2,431
    Windows 10 Home x64: 1607 Redstone (1) Build 143934.693
       14 Apr 2016 #9

    Adela said: View Post
    Thanks so much hTconeM9user but I really do not see it there, I don't even see Windows Journal and XPS Viewer. It's a very short list under Windows Accessories. However, I saw a video where they suggested to go to Start, Search, find it and pin it to the start app. I did and I now have it in my start page.
    Thanks for letting us know
    Glad you now have it
    Added a bit more to my post also how to get it
    Hope it might help someone else
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,766
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       14 Apr 2016 #10

    Adela said: View Post
    It's a very short list under Windows Accessories.
    That is strange.
    Here is what I have under Windows Accessories:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Windows Accessories.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	138.1 KB 
ID:	74748

    But at least, you found your wordpad by yourself. Good job.
    Happy computing.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
How do I find and then pin YouTube in Win 10?
I've just upgraded to Win 10 from 8.1. However, I cannot find the YouTube app to click on or pin to the taskbar. Each time I want YouTube I have to visit the site. On 8.1 I just clicked the taskbar icon. Does anyone know how I can restore YouTube...
Software and Apps
Can't Find My Music
I am using Media Monkey on my PC. I am able to see the location of some of my music however when I navigate to the folder C:\Users\Stu\Music there is nothing there. Anyone know what in sam hell is going on? I am really beginning to hate...
General Support
Solved Can't find a private network/no homegroup/only can find public network
Hello, last night I upgraded to win 10 home from win 7. However, I noticed that I was unable to use the Start Menu Search function or open the start menu and found out I was only connected to my Local Area Connection (Realtek PCIe GBE Family...
Network and Sharing
Cannot find Edge anywhere: how do I use it?
Folks, I've just upgraded from 8.1 to 10. During the Welcome screen, I chose Express Install and agreed to the W10 default selections, which included using Edge as my browser. When the install finished, I could not see an Edge icon anywhere....
Network and Sharing
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:56.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums