Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  1. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 7
    Win10
       09 Aug 2015 #11

    Tried #2 for a second time, still no good.

    In addition if I try to pause all or remove apps from the download queue, the store freezes. If I try to restart the Windows Update service, it hangs while stopping and I have to taskkill /f it. The store never seems to clue in on what's happening, and once I get windows update restarted it all goes back to pending.

    I hate Windows.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 17,432
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15014
       09 Aug 2015 #12

    Scar said: View Post
    Okay, I just tried method #2 again and it worked!. It's updating and the mail and calendar apps both finally work. Thank you very much!. I've been using this site since the vistax64 days for each version of Windows and the community are second to none.

    Hope you find a fix Moofey.
    Great news Scar. I'm glad it was able to help.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 17,432
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15014
       09 Aug 2015 #13

    Moofey,

    Are you having any issues with Windows Update as well?

    Do you have a 3rd party AV or security program installed that may be blocking it?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 7
    Win10
       09 Aug 2015 #14

    Brink said: View Post
    Moofey,

    Are you having any issues with Windows Update as well?

    Do you have a 3rd party AV or security program installed that may be blocking it?
    Windows Update seems to be working fine.

    I might have overlooked changes I've made to AV though. I just recently installed Malwarebytes as a potential replacement to defender (like win10 will let me replace it that easily... lol) but I never really paid attention to when my store issue started, so I have to look at the relation between the two when time permits.

    I'll post here after I get the chance to look at it
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 15
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       09 Aug 2015 #15

    Brink said: View Post
    Great news Scar. I'm glad it was able to help.
    What do you think was the cause of this Brink?, considering that step #2 solved my problem and #1 failed.

    Thanks.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 15
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       09 Aug 2015 #16

    Moofey said: View Post
    Windows Update seems to be working fine.

    I might have overlooked changes I've made to AV though. I just recently installed Malwarebytes as a potential replacement to defender (like win10 will let me replace it that easily... lol) but I never really paid attention to when my store issue started, so I have to look at the relation between the two when time permits.

    I'll post here after I get the chance to look at it
    I have to say that I have Malwarebytes too. Things were working fine even with Malwarebytes installed(literally the same day I installed Windows 10 on July 29th) and all was fine till today. I even exited Malwarebytes as I was testing different methods and so on. So I don't really think that might be the problem but your case could be different.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 17,432
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15014
       09 Aug 2015 #17

    Scar said: View Post
    What do you think was the cause of this Brink?, considering that step #2 solved my problem and #1 failed.

    Thanks.
    It most likely a corrupted app cache since part 2 sorted it for you.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 15
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       09 Aug 2015 #18

    Brink said: View Post
    It most likely a corrupted app cache since part 2 sorted it for you.
    Thank you. Any way to avoid that or it's just random?.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 17,432
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15014
       09 Aug 2015 #19

    Moofey said: View Post
    Windows Update seems to be working fine.

    I might have overlooked changes I've made to AV though. I just recently installed Malwarebytes as a potential replacement to defender (like win10 will let me replace it that easily... lol) but I never really paid attention to when my store issue started, so I have to look at the relation between the two when time permits.

    I'll post here after I get the chance to look at it
    I have MBAM installed as well with default settings, and it hasn't caused me any issues so far if it helps.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 7
    Win10
       09 Aug 2015 #20

    Yeah, and that's what I noticed with MBAM. Disabling or killing it completely didn't change the situation. Also double-checked Windows Update. It's hard to tell since I don't have any system updates to download but it seems to be working fine.

    If anything, clearing my store cache via deleting the registry key seems to have caused additional problems. Ever since I did that, when I first login on startup I'm looking at a black screen with a cursor for a couple minutes before it does anything. Startup in general seems to have gotten sluggish, too.

    EDIT: And it just started randmoly working again. Aside from the issue that I might have caused trying to fix this, WINDOWS, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Can't install apps from windows store.
Hi folks, Anyone else have this problem? I have tried installing a few apps from the windows store on windows 10, download ok and says installing but then get message "this is embarrassing we can't find app" and nothing, its not on my app list. ...
Software and Apps
Windows 10 Home x64 - Store apps won't download
When trying to install 3rd party apps via the Windows Store, my system hangs at 0.0MB downloaded. I've tried rebooting and using wsreset.exe, it does nothing. Any suggestions?
Software and Apps
Solved Windows Store will not install apps
I've tried installing multiple apps and The Weather Channel app will go through the motions of installing, but won't actually install (I get the install button again after it says it installed). For the rest of the apps that I tried installing,...
Software and Apps
Get ready to pay more for apps on Windows Store
Read more: Get ready to pay more for apps on Windows Store from next month | Windows Central
Windows 10 News
Solved Store, Store (beta), and apps
For the past few days, I've been wrestling with Store (beta) issues. It worked, it didn't work, it sort of worked..... When it worked, it offered 10 updates to apps update all did not work, so I updated them individually by hitting the down...
Software and Apps
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:43.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums