Open-Shell (Formerly Classic-Start)

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 109
    Windows 10 Home 21H2
       #31

    Could someone tell me what 'Classic Explorer' and 'Classic IE' is?
    I've used Classic Shell and now Open-Shell and have never worked out what it is.
    I installed all features and don't know if I even use the 'Classic Explorer' and 'Classic IE' features that are part of 'Open-shell'.
    Is it possible to show (using pictures) what these two look like and what (if anything) Open-shell changes from what you get with Windows 10.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 2,078
    Windows 10 Pro
       #32

    Does open shell have it's on download site vs 3rd party downloads?
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 2,078
    Windows 10 Pro
       #33

    So I downloaded it from MG and I get this from defender.......

    Open-Shell (Formerly Classic-Start)-open-shell.png
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 2,078
    Windows 10 Pro
       #34

    How do you get the black colors of the start menu. I've looked and looked and can't find it. I'm sure I'm just over looking something.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 7,089
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #35

    Plankton said:
    How do you get the black colors of the start menu. I've looked and looked and can't find it. I'm sure I'm just over looking something.
    I use the Smoked Glass skin - experiment with the various skins offered
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 34,982
    Win 10 Pro (1903) (2nd PC is 21H2)
       #36

    Autobahn said:
    Could someone tell me what 'Classic Explorer' and 'Classic IE' is?
    I've used Classic Shell and now Open-Shell and have never worked out what it is.
    I installed all features and don't know if I even use the 'Classic Explorer' and 'Classic IE' features that are part of 'Open-shell'.
    Is it possible to show (using pictures) what these two look like and what (if anything) Open-shell changes from what you get with Windows 10.
    Classic Shell: Features

    - may help. Please feel free to search for more. I searched for
    classic explorer features
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 117
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit
       #37

    Plankton said:
    Does open shell have it's on download site vs 3rd party downloads?
    Download it from Open-Shell's own AppVeyor:
    AppVeyor
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 512
    Windows 10 Version 1909 (Build 18363.815
       #38
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 512
    Windows 10 Version 1909 (Build 18363.815
       #39

    I've finally given in and started using Windows 10 Start Menu instead of Open Shell. Part of my New Years resolution to not fight the inevitable! Actually in Version 1909 with the fly-out menu, I really like it. Even old men can change.....
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 4,011
    Windows 10 Pro x64, Various Linux Builds, Networking, Storage, Cybersecurity Specialty.
       #40

    I tuned my Classic Shell and am very happy with it on 1909 -

    Download Classic Shell latest release

    Works great!

    FWIW.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums