Gimp Update out

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 22,046
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       01 May 2018 #41

    Hopachi said: View Post
    Thanks for the link, as the official ones I used are still 2.8 noted. But either way it should work.

    No need for QT and GTK one at the same time; they're the same plugin but different UI, so one is enough.
    On 2.8 I found QT to be faster actually, on my system you notice the difference, in speed really.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 22,046
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       01 May 2018 #42

    wow, this 2.10 is fast.
    I used repair/solidify, that used to take a while on 2.8, but 2.10 uses all 12 threads and just fly's!
    My test:

    From this:


    To this in 2 seconds(instead of 30 seconds):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jokertoon large.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	286.6 KB 
ID:	186907
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3. Hopachi's Avatar
    Posts : 931
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       01 May 2018 #43

    Well I've updated here with the one in your link, Cliff.
    Worth it.

    GTK is just two files install.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	builds.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	3.6 KB 
ID:	186908

    Seems to be a pre-release of gmic 2.2.3 for gimp 2.10 so thanks again for the link!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gmic-new.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	160.2 KB 
ID:	186909
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4. Hopachi's Avatar
    Posts : 931
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       01 May 2018 #44

    Cliff S said: View Post
    wow, this 2.10 is fast.
    I used repair/solidify, that used to take a while on 2.8, but 2.10 uses all 12 threads and just fly's!
    Interesting benchmarks.

    Indeed. As I said, multi-core support is a game-changer for 2.10.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 22,046
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       01 May 2018 #45

    Hopachi said: View Post
    Well I've updated here with the one in your link, Cliff.
    Worth it.

    GTK is just two files install.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	builds.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	3.6 KB 
ID:	186908


    Seems to be a pre-release of gmic 2.2.3 for gimp 2.10 so thanks again for the link!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gmic-new.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	160.2 KB 
ID:	186909
    You're welcome:)
    Hopachi said: View Post
    Interesting benchmarks.

    Indeed. As I said, multi-core support is a game-changer for 2.10.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6. lehnerus2000's Avatar
    Posts : 1,795
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.3 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home 1703 (64 bit), W10 Pro 1703 (64 bit) VM
       02 May 2018 #46

    Interesting


    Cliff S said: View Post
    wow, this 2.10 is fast.
    I used repair/solidify, that used to take a while on 2.8, but 2.10 uses all 12 threads and just fly's!
    On my PC (W7) I've found that some tools are very slow compared to v2.8.22 (e.g. Stretch Contrast HSV).
    I only had 1 plugin that was incompatible (Greycstoration).

    I also have a weird bug with the Polygon Selection tool.
    I can draw a polygon, but it isn't a selection.
    I have to switch to the Move tool to make the polygon a selection.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. Hopachi's Avatar
    Posts : 931
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       06 May 2018 #47

    The most annoying hang/crash here so far is the Procedure Browser.
    It hangs on close or selecting text or by making the window inactive... This one is needed for porting older scripts to newer version of GIMP. It works but less stable than in 2.8 so far.

    lehnerus2000 said: View Post
    On my PC (W7) I've found that some tools are very slow compared to v2.8.22 (e.g. Stretch Contrast HSV).
    Here as well. But the difference is not that big or might depend on image...

    lehnerus2000 said: View Post
    I only had 1 plugin that was incompatible (Greycstoration).
    See here:
    GREYCstoration | GIMP Plugin Registry

    That's an old one.
    It was replaced by GMIC.
    G'MIC - GREYC's Magic for Image Computing: A Full-Featured Open-Source Framework for Image Processing

    lehnerus2000 said: View Post
    I also have a weird bug with the Polygon Selection tool.
    I can draw a polygon, but it isn't a selection.
    I have to switch to the Move tool to make the polygon a selection.
    Free select or cage transform? I don't see any "Polygon Selection tool" in 2.10... hmmm... where am I looking?
    Last edited by Hopachi; 06 May 2018 at 11:41.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    06 May 2018 #48

    There's a portable Gimp 2.10.0 from samj that comes in 64 and 32 bit **separate** installations all in the same 7-zip archive.

    see: https://samjcreations.blogspot.co.uk/

    The download link: :http://www.aljacom.com/~gimp/GimpEval-2.10-Win.7z

    is a monster 400 MB file.

    If portables aren't of interest to you, you can find a combined 32+64-bit 2.10.0 installer here:

    https://eternallybored.org/misc/gimp/

    T
    his enables support for 32 bit plugins.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. lehnerus2000's Avatar
    Posts : 1,795
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.3 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home 1703 (64 bit), W10 Pro 1703 (64 bit) VM
       06 May 2018 #49

    I think that happened quite a few years ago (I remember looking at it).

    However I had no idea how to use G'MIC, so I stuck with GREYCstoration (at least I had worked out how some things operated in it).

    I saw some people complaining that G'MIC wasn't working on their systems (in GIMP 2.10.0).

    Hopachi said: View Post
    Free select or cage transform? I don't see any "Polygon Selection tool" in 2.10... hmmm... where am I looking?
    Apparently its official name is "Free Select Tool".

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GIMP 2.10.0 - Free Selection Glitch.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	187713

    When the shape is closed using the mouse, the polygon isn't a selection.
    If I change tools after drawing the polygon, it becomes a selection.

    When the shape is closed using the "Enter" key (rather than the mouse) it becomes a selection, just like the previous versions of GIMP.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. Hopachi's Avatar
    Posts : 931
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       07 May 2018 #50

    That's OK. A couple of weird renames were made here and there between 2.9's.

    lehnerus2000 said: View Post
    When the shape is closed using the mouse, the polygon isn't a selection.
    If I change tools after drawing the polygon, it becomes a selection.

    When the shape is closed using the "Enter" key (rather than the mouse) it becomes a selection, just like the previous versions of GIMP.
    Yes indeed! In 2.10 all or most tools need an enter button action to apply; the good thing is that you can easily change shape before applying by all control points. In general it's now a two step operation; but there are other tools that benefit from this and are more user-friendly than in older version.

    You can also double-click inside the shape to make a selection of it; to keep it a mouse-only operation.

    I definitely like how the new gradient tool works. Way easier to preview it live before applying.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Hi there I have a decent FAST internet -- but latest update (only a security update) seems to be taking LONGER than the ENTIRE update I did going from 10162 to 10240. 15 mins and STILL only at 6% ??? for a small security update. I know my...
622153285609218048 622153799453401088 622154407015116801 UPDATE: KB3074665 update now available, and requires restart. How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
Just updated from 8.1 Pro X64 to W10 TP. After update i do not have Windows Update in the Control Panel. The only way I can get to Windows Update is by entering wuapp in the Run box. Also, Start button not working. Click on it and nothing...
Update 9860 pushed like a normal update in Installation and Upgrade
Booted Win 10 TP under Hyper-V just now and was presented with this: 7365 I really dislike not having any kind of progress indicator.
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52.
Find Us