Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    08 Aug 2015 #11
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 20
    7x64

    Quote Originally Posted by BillGates View Post
    Start PowerShell and execute:
    Code:
    DISM /Online /Get-ProvisionedAppxPackages | select-string Packagename
    DISM /Online /Remove-ProvisionedAppxPackage /PackageName:**PACKAGENAME**
    that completely uninstalls an app.
    DISM /Online /Get-ProvisionedAppxPackages | select-string Packagename only shows 2 apps, the ones I didn't delete. So I'm guessing I'm on the right track with the provisioned part in the command. However, now I'm looking for a way to delete leftover folders without knowing the full name (version numbers can change...), like the commands I used to - apparently not completely - remove the apps.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    08 Aug 2015 #12
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 243
    Win 10 Pro 64bit

    Quote Originally Posted by bartgrefte View Post
    However, now I'm looking for a way to delete leftover folders without knowing the full name (version numbers can change...), like the commands I used to - apparently not completely - remove the apps.
    You just need to do what I said previously.

    Take ownership of C:\Program Files\WindowsApps to see what's in it. If you can't take ownership then that might be a hint as to why your apps keep coming back. If that's the case, activate the super administrator account and use that.

    My C:\Program Files\WindowsApps is cleaned out of everything I don't want using the commands I posted.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WindowsApps2.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	29532
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    09 Aug 2015 #13
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 20
    7x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Nus View Post
    You just need to do what I said previously.

    Take ownership of C:\Program Files\WindowsApps to see what's in it. If you can't take ownership then that might be a hint as to why your apps keep coming back. If that's the case, activate the super administrator account and use that.
    I managed to get ownership, was looking at the wrong buttons

    The weird thing is, I don't see leftover files for every app I deleted and the ones that do have leftover files, either have only serveral kB's or several MB's worth of files left. That I can live with, but why weren't these folders deleted automatically when using Remove-ProvisionedAppxPackage in PowerShell?

    edit: Just tried deleting the folders, no go. Even with PowerShell run as admin I get "acces to the path denied"-errors.
    Last edited by bartgrefte; 09 Aug 2015 at 06:15.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    28 Aug 2015 #14

    Quote Originally Posted by bartgrefte View Post
    I managed to get ownership, was looking at the wrong buttons

    The weird thing is, I don't see leftover files for every app I deleted and the ones that do have leftover files, either have only serveral kB's or several MB's worth of files left. That I can live with, but why weren't these folders deleted automatically when using Remove-ProvisionedAppxPackage in PowerShell?

    edit: Just tried deleting the folders, no go. Even with PowerShell run as admin I get "acces to the path denied"-errors.


    Yeah , thats what i get most of the time as well , what a major pita , thanks Microsoft lol. I have tried most things on the net about removal and they all seem to fail .
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    03 Feb 2016 #15
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 2
    10 Pro

    I tried all the commands in power shell but the apps are still coming back.
    I tries to take ownership of the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps but the apps are still staying and working.
    These apps are so pesky!

    Any solution?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    03 Feb 2016 #16

    The pain in the butt it is to remove things with Win 10 was a HUGE decider for me to go back to Win 7 , it's just way too much of a hassle .
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    08 Jun 2016 #17
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 1
    Windows 7

    Any more info on this? I have come across this recently. On 5/30 I setup a new laptop for a customer that had Windows 10. I removed many of the built-in apps. Some by just r-clicking and saying uninstall, others by running one of the appropriate scripts and/or removing the apps from inside CCleaner. I was back there today, 6/8 to help set up a new monitor and found that almost all of the built-in apps were back. Again I removed them. Why does MS keep putting this JUNK back? Just another reason I stay clear of Windows 10. I also have noticed Windows 10 penchant for resetting the default browser to EDGE. You get a message, "Windows had a problem with your default programs and some have been reset". Time to declare WAR on Microsoft. And in a war, anyone working for them is automatically an enemy combatant!!!

    I'd love a fix that would stop 10 from doing these things.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    12 Aug 2016 #18
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 130
    Windows 10 x64 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonJohn View Post
    Any more info on this? I have come across this recently. On 5/30 I setup a new laptop for a customer that had Windows 10. I removed many of the built-in apps. Some by just r-clicking and saying uninstall, others by running one of the appropriate scripts and/or removing the apps from inside CCleaner. I was back there today, 6/8 to help set up a new monitor and found that almost all of the built-in apps were back. Again I removed them. Why does MS keep putting this JUNK back? Just another reason I stay clear of Windows 10. I also have noticed Windows 10 penchant for resetting the default browser to EDGE. You get a message, "Windows had a problem with your default programs and some have been reset". Time to declare WAR on Microsoft. And in a war, anyone working for them is automatically an enemy combatant!!!

    I'd love a fix that would stop 10 from doing these things.
    same issue. i think what people are misunderstanding here is that we (atleast I) am not talking about the pre installed microsoft mumbo-jumbo. aka cortana, edge, contact support, feedback, phone, calculator, etc.

    I'm talking about the bs apps like flipboard, eclipse manager, calculator2 etc.

    removed them all but they came back.. removed them again - back again. All in the same day!! I even set the gpedit for no microsoft consumer improvement or w/e it was/is that was "supposed" to stop this!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    30 Aug 2016 #19
    Join Date : Aug 2016
    Posts : 1
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit

    Quote Originally Posted by klepp0906 View Post
    same issue. i think what people are misunderstanding here is that we (atleast I) am not talking about the pre installed microsoft mumbo-jumbo. aka cortana, edge, contact support, feedback, phone, calculator, etc.

    I'm talking about the bs apps like flipboard, eclipse manager, calculator2 etc.

    removed them all but they came back.. removed them again - back again. All in the same day!! I even set the gpedit for no microsoft consumer improvement or w/e it was/is that was "supposed" to stop this!
    I have found that it keeps happening because of the automatic update setting in the app store. It keeps "updating" the apps and reinstalling. Which is why it is probably only happening with apps that are "owned" by you due to digital entitlement because they were once downloaded through your account.

    Open the Microsoft App Store, nav to settings, turn off "Update Apps Automatically".

    This has worked for me so far. Did that a month ago and so far nothing has re-installed. I found this happening because I downloaded an app on my desktop and suddenly it popped up on my laptop along with a bunch of other crap I removed previously.

    -edit-

    after a bit more research, i found that the instructions in this article seem to be the most thorough and useful.
    http://winaero.com/blog/stop-windows...unwanted-apps/
    Last edited by jw98520182; 30 Aug 2016 at 21:47.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    01 Oct 2016 #20
    Join Date : Jul 2016
    Posts : 4
    Win 10

    Last nights update has installed a load of addware apps, some of which I had previously deleted. deleting them now only removes them for a short while and they re-seed themselves.
    It has also cause my EOS software to cease to function, deleted other files, removed items from my start menu and changed my start screen immage.
    If I was to break into Microsofts system and do the same they would have me in court for hacking into their system. Their arrogance is staggering.
    I have been trying to delete this junk all day now and feel that MS should pay me for my time. In sympathy with a previous post I will dump Win 10 if this happens again. Farr too much hassle. If it wasn't for other programs that I need which are tied into microft I would be moving to another O/S, and this is likley to happen at some point in the future.

    Well no mater what I try I can't get the elevated power shell to delete any of this C~~P I keep getting a deployment failed error.
    Don't know where to go from here.
    Last edited by Bitterend; 01 Oct 2016 at 13:51.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Windows 10 removed ALL my programs (x86)
Hello everyone, I hope this is the right subtopic. I let Windows 10 download and install overnight. Everything fine and well. I log in, and see that some programs have been deleted from my taskbar, I thought Windows 10 simply removed some...
Software and Apps
Solved Trojan removed by Defender
With the last couple of builds it seems that Defender is always finding stuff to remove every time I start Windows 10. This morning I removed Trojan Win32/GHEUGENT.Alplock after Defender quarantined it and marked it severe. Right now I am running...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Reinstalling Dual Boot System - Maybe
Since Windows 8.1 core OEM has the Sear.ch malware on it and I have a Windows 8.1 Pro key, I'm going to format the partition and reinstall. I have the flash drive ready with Windows 8.1 Pro on it. At the same time I'm going to format the...
Installation and Upgrade
Reinstalling Win 10 starting from a Win 8 license
Hi, I have a Win 8 license, am running 8.1. If I upgrade to Win 10, then need to reinstall from scratch, where would I start? Starting from Win 8 would be horrendous! Thanks.
Installation and Upgrade
Removed Preview & thanks
I decide go back to windows 7 & Lubuntu for my needs. If Microsoft offers it for free or very low cost I might consider getting Windows 10 or whatever it might called. Posters, thank you for all your help. :)
Chillout Room
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums