Looking For An Aspect Ratio Calculator Program

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #11

    Its third party and not integrated into calc though.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2. bro67's Avatar
    Posts : 6,292
    Mac OS High Sierra 10.14.3 Beta (18D21c)
       #12

    swarfega said: View Post
    Its third party and not integrated into calc though.
    That is because Calc would be huge if all of those extra tools that are not used by the masses are added.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    #13

    pepanee said: View Post
    So.... I'm actually looking for a program similar to the one in the picture above. That's what I'm looking for.
    I waited a while and nothing was forthcoming. I have 'knocked up' a Windows program similar to the web site functionality, and hope to attach a link here to a 7zip file on Onedrive. You have to unpack it whilst preserving the folder structure. Its written in LabWindows, so some support files must be found in the right sub-folder. If it is of any use, I can modify its operation to suit. It will keep me out of mischief!

    Link:Onedrive link

    hth, Martin
    Last edited by mngerhold; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:13.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. pepanee's Avatar
    Posts : 1,255
    Windows 10 Professional
    Thread Starter
       #14

    mngerhold said: View Post
    I waited a while and nothing was forthcoming. I have 'knocked up' a Windows program similar to the web site functionality, and hope to attach a link here to a 7zip file on Onedrive. You have to unpack it whilst preserving the folder structure. Its written in LabWindows, so some support files must be found in the right sub-folder. If it is of any use, I can modify its operation to suit. It will keep me out of mischief!

    Link: Microsoft services

    hth, Martin
    Hello sir, thanks for the reply. I don't want people going through the trouble just to write a program. But that is really nice of you and I appreciate your generous time in writing such program. That's very nice of you.
    But I am a little sketchy about a post like so, because that's a very unexpected reply. Yet I still downloaded that zip file and extracted it and tried running the exe file. It gives me an error (look at the attached image).
    But that's really nice of you to do something like this.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	234962
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    #15

    pepanee said: View Post
    Hello sir, thanks for the reply. I don't want people going through the trouble just to write a program. But that is really nice of you and I appreciate your generous time in writing such program. That's very nice of you.
    But I am a little sketchy about a post like so, because that's a very unexpected reply. Yet I still downloaded that zip file and extracted it and tried running the exe file. It gives me an error (look at the attached image).
    But that's really nice of you to do something like this.
    You got there too soon! I found I had missed two critical dlls, so have now updated the zip file. I can assure you there is nothing 'dodgy' in it - scan it for malware by all means. I can explain the operation (and cell colours) if it seems worth pursuing. Martin
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. pepanee's Avatar
    Posts : 1,255
    Windows 10 Professional
    Thread Starter
       #16

    Hi, I tried it out. It works now, but it's still a little complicated. I tried changing the numbers in some cells, yet the numbers in some other cells also changed where I didn't want them to change. Also the colors are kinda strange.

    I appreciate your time and effort in it. You don't have to write a program to do that, I'll eventually find one online.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7.    #17

    pepanee said: View Post
    Hi, I tried it out. It works now, but it's still a little complicated. I tried changing the numbers in some cells, yet the numbers in some other cells also changed where I didn't want them to change. Also the colors are kinda strange.
    I tried to make it match the behaviour of the web calculator: when you change either height or width on the left (the 'original' values), the AR changes. When you change the ones on the right (the 'new' values of W2 & H2), the AR is held, and adjusting W2 alters H2, whilst adjusting H2 alters W2.

    The colours are what they are, but can be changed easily. Green background means it's 'live (editable), but the highlighting turns some of the background purple - I don't like this bit don't know how to stop it), pink background means the value is 'locked' while others are being changed. Light tan means the value is an indicator only, but may change when others do.

    If you find something more suitable on-line, please let us know. The arithmetic is trivial, the user interface less so.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. pepanee's Avatar
    Posts : 1,255
    Windows 10 Professional
    Thread Starter
       #18

    Alright thanks for the app, I'll try it out when I need to use it. I appreciate your contribution.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Related Threads
Asus Zenbook 14, Win 10, Office 2007 Epson EMP-S1 projector (only capable of 800x600 (max)) VGA cable from projector has HDMI converter at Zenbook. Using Control Panel I have chosen 'Extend these displays'; Display 2 as the projector and a...
Source: Google Groups
Is there a way to show the aspect ratio of video files in the Windows Explorer file tooltips? A few hours of research taught me how to add extra file info that isn't there by default (like frame height x width) but for some reason I can't get the...
For my work I need to take screen captures of maps to put together in a separate program. I started noticing that some portions of the images would line up perfectly while others would be way off, no matter what I scaled them to. Could this be a...
I have been trying for hours to get windows 10 to unstretch itself because my screen seems to be stretched and hurts my eyes if i use it for too long. I cannot stand it any longer and want to fix it really badly. Dont tell me to change the...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47.
Find Us