Microsoft Money Sunset and Windows 10

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 85
    Win 10
       #1

    Microsoft Money Sunset and Windows 10


    I have been one of the holdouts on Windows 10 until today when I finally did a clean install from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

    Here's my question, can anyone (with experience using Microsoft Money Sunset) advise whether or not this software is currently working well in Windows 10? I realize it's an old program and not 'officially' supported in Windows 10. However, my hope is that since it's been almost 4 years now since the release of Windows 10 that this excellent little checkbook program is now able to function in Windows 10 without any registry hacks.

    I don't want to do the registry hacks that I read about back in 2015 (after the release of Windows 10) to make it work. And if I have to, I will remove the program and go with Quicken's program. But I am crossing my fingers and hoping Microsoft Money Sunset will now work okay in 10. I've only had the chance to play with it for a few minutes since installing the program on Windows 10, and it 'seems' okay so far.

    Again, if anyone uses this program, or has experience with it, please advise.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 984
    X
       #2

    I use it on Windows 10. It works fine.
    I have to use QIF file downloads from my bank because banks have not supported the MS Money format for many years.
    But QIF works. No problems.
      My Computer

  3. Manigue's Avatar
    Posts : 36
    Win 10 Home 64 Bits
       #3

    Works fine for me with Windows 10. Using with latest 1809 version.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 85
    Win 10
    Thread Starter
       #4

    margrave55 said:
    I use it on Windows 10. It works fine.
    I have to use QIF file downloads from my bank because banks have not supported the MS Money format for many years.
    But QIF works. No problems.
    My bank continues to support 'OFX' file downloads in addition to 'QFX'. Money calls for OFX downloads off the bank website. I wasn't even aware MS Money would accept the QFX version of the file download. That's the only other download format my bank offers - except Excel (csv) format. And I though QFX was for the Quicken checkbook program only. Anyhow, glad to hear MS Money is working on your PC in WIn10.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Manigue said:
    Works fine for me with Windows 10. Using with latest 1809 version.
    When I installed Win10 yesterday, I just downloaded the one (and only) version of Microsoft Money Sunset that I see online. Its version 17.0.120.3817. (I looked under Help and About within the Money program). Are you using something different? Thanks.
      My Computer

  5. Samuria's Avatar
    Posts : 4,964
    windows 10
       #5

    I use money 99 and that works fine
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 85
    Win 10
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Samuria said:
    I use money 99 and that works fine
    So I am gathering (generally speaking) there are no current issues with any versions of Microsoft Money and Win10 at this time.

    Of course, that was not always the case. When Win10 was initially released, there were LOTS of posts online with new Windows 10 users who could not get Microsoft Money to work (in WIn10). At that time, in 2015, there were many discussions to include suggested registry hacks to force it to work in Win10. At that time, it was posted by others that there were issues with MS Money looking for a prior IE browser version that no longer existed and the program could not get beyond that issue and function normally. I never wanted to go with any registry hack and since I've used MS Money for the last 20 years, it's a big reason I waited so long to upgrade from Win7 to Win10. It's a shame MS stopped supporting this great little checkbook program; and I only hope it continues to work with the latest operating system.

    Thanks for the posts here. And if there is anyone experiencing issues with Microsoft Money in Win10, please post here.
      My Computer


  7. Samuria's Avatar
    Posts : 4,964
    windows 10
       #7

    Most programs will run on any windows its only ones that access hardware or other things at low leval bypassing windows that give problems. Money is a fairley simple database
      My Computer

  8. Manigue's Avatar
    Posts : 36
    Win 10 Home 64 Bits
       #8

    When I installed Win10 yesterday, I just downloaded the one (and only) version of Microsoft Money Sunset that I see online. Its version 17.0.120.3817. (I looked under Help and About within the Money program). Are you using something different? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

    Yes I just verified and this is the same version I am using (17.0.120.3817).
      My Computer

  9. Steve C's Avatar
    Posts : 5,275
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #9

    scott784 said:
    I have been one of the holdouts on Windows 10 until today when I finally did a clean install from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

    Here's my question, can anyone (with experience using Microsoft Money Sunset) advise whether or not this software is currently working well in Windows 10? I realize it's an old program and not 'officially' supported in Windows 10. However, my hope is that since it's been almost 4 years now since the release of Windows 10 that this excellent little checkbook program is now able to function in Windows 10 without any registry hacks.

    I don't want to do the registry hacks that I read about back in 2015 (after the release of Windows 10) to make it work. And if I have to, I will remove the program and go with Quicken's program. But I am crossing my fingers and hoping Microsoft Money Sunset will now work okay in 10. I've only had the chance to play with it for a few minutes since installing the program on Windows 10, and it 'seems' okay so far.

    Again, if anyone uses this program, or has experience with it, please advise.
    I use the last 2005 UK edition of Microsoft Money and it works fine in Windows 10 v1809. It remains an excellent program for managing finances. I wish MS would sell a new version to ensure on going support.

    UK users can get the UK version free here Microsoft Money – View from the Potting Shed

    All users can restore automatic download of share / fund prices using MSMoneyQuotes Gaier Software - Restore Microsoft Money Online Quotes with MSMoneyQuotes

    MSMoneyQuotes relies on downloading prices from MSN Money so if your fund isn't listed there then the price will not be updated
      My Computers

  10. Steve C's Avatar
    Posts : 5,275
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #10

    Samuria said:
    I use money 99 and that works fine
    That's amazing! See my post 9 for a link to update free to the 2005 UK version.
      My Computers


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums