Windows 10: Automatic App Updates Grayed Out Solved

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    05 Aug 2015 #1

    Automatic App Updates Grayed Out


    It says to contact the system admin about changing that setting, but I am the one and only user of this computer...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	apps.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	28719
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 20,755
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
       05 Aug 2015 #2

    Hello Chris,

    It looks like you have a group policy set that disabled it. See if using step 2 in Option Three of the tutorial below may sort it for you.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...html#option3s2
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    05 Aug 2015 #3

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello Chris,

    It looks like you have a group policy set that disabled it. See if using step 2 in Option Three of the tutorial below may sort it for you.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...html#option3s2
    Negative. Didn't work. :/
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 20,755
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
       05 Aug 2015 #4

    If you haven't already, see if restarting the PC may fully apply the .reg file.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    05 Aug 2015 #5

    Brink said: View Post
    If you haven't already, see if restarting the PC may fully apply the .reg file.
    I checked the registry and the key wasn't even added to the registry.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       05 Aug 2015 #6

    Chris2005 said: View Post
    It says to contact the system admin about changing that setting, but I am the one and only user of this computer...
    Mine is also inactive. I presume it is because it is the Home edition; I upgraded Win7 Home Premium.

    I'd call this a early release bug. It's most likely an over zealous developer carrying over the WU controls (or lack there of). Users better be able to decide if the apps get updated - apps aren't the OS.

    Ummmm well maybe some of them are - but hey I might not want my games updated.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 20,755
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
       05 Aug 2015 #7

    I just checked a clean install of Windows 10 Home in a VM, and it's the same in it as well.

    It looks like the no opting out of automatic updates in the Home edition applies to everything.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       06 Aug 2015 #8

    Brink said: View Post
    I just checked a clean install of Windows 10 Home in a VM, and it's the same in it as well.

    It looks like the no opting out of automatic updates in the Home edition applies to everything.
    Thanks for checking / confirming.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    06 Aug 2015 #9

    Brink said: View Post
    I just checked a clean install of Windows 10 Home in a VM, and it's the same in it as well.

    It looks like the no opting out of automatic updates in the Home edition applies to everything.
    I'm not talking about Windows Updates updates, but rather app updates, e.g. Netflix, etc. I can't enable or disable that option to have my apps update automatically.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 20,755
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
       06 Aug 2015 #10

    I'm referring to both automatic Windows Updates and app updates can't be changed in Home.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Solved How do I stop automatic updates? in Windows Updates and Activation
Hi everyone, I hate Windows 10 because it updates without my consent and slows my computer down a lot. I'd like to be notified that new updates are available and give my OK to download and install them. Can anyone help me please?
Disable Automatic Updates in Windows Updates and Activation
Right now, after installing Windows 10, I only have the option to Automatically Install Updates or Notify to Schedule Restart. This is a problem, I want to be able to choose what drivers I install. I don't want windows automatically installing...
Solved Are automatic updates the best of bad choices.? in Windows Updates and Activation
This article talks about forced video driver updates causing significant problems. Windows 10 Automatic Updates Start Causing Problems - Forbes On my wife's Win 7 dual monitor setup an "optional" update caused problems with the setup of one...
Hi In Windows 10 build 10130, how do I prevent the automatic downloading of its updates? Thanks Bye
Right now, you can't disable automatic updates in Windows 10. You will get all updates eventually. In some environments, this won't work. Some environments need to keep computers static. And it's undesirable to disable the Windows Update...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02.
Find Us