OneDrive syncing and I can't stop it


  1. Posts : 197
    Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.329
       #1

    OneDrive syncing and I can't stop it


    Hi Brink - I recently renewed my Office Home 365 Personal. Previously, OneDrive worked perfectly but now it's a nightmare. It's syncing and I can't stop it - it kept at it for a week earlier & the OneDrive Support Team said it was stuck and told me how to restart it. It's working on 5,000 - odd files but my SuperAntiSpyware checks 13,000-odd.

    I've tried everything to stop the blasted thing, including unlinking my PC but all that did was to stop me from opening important folders on my desktop. I thought I'd found the solution myself -
    I went to Settings>Accounts (which includes sync) then "sync your settings" (it's at the bottom of the list on my PC), then 'turn off sync settings'. It wasn't the solution.
    I know you don't usually like to look at MS Community threads where we've already gone to but if you can, you'll see what's happened. This is just one of probably six or seven on the subject of OneDrive
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/have-i-solved-my-onedrive-problems-win-10/6113d0cd-f670-406e-b9aa-0630d90ce6c9
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 62,301
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #2

    Hello @Taffy078,

    If you haven't already, double check the "Auto Save" settings for OneDrive to make sure you are not protecting the folders you don't want synced with OneDrive.

    Turn On or Off Folder Protection with OneDrive in Windows 10 | Tutorials
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 197
    Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.329
    Thread Starter
       #3

    OneDrive additional question


    Brink said:
    Hello @Taffy078,

    If you haven't already, double check the "Auto Save" settings for OneDrive to make sure you are not protecting the folders you don't want synced with OneDrive.

    Turn On or Off Folder Protection with OneDrive in Windows 10 | Tutorials
    Hi Brink. I have two laptops and a new one as well (which I'll set up as soon as I've sorted out OneDrive). There's no chance of me losing all three by eg a fire or theft and I never take a laptop out of the house.
    The three will be sync'd with each other s
    o w
    hat if I don't want to save any files in the cloud, just save them locally? Is this allowed?


      My Computer


  4. Posts : 62,301
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #4

    Taffy078 said:
    Hi Brink. I have two laptops and a new one as well (which I'll set up as soon as I've sorted out OneDrive). There's no chance of me losing all three by eg a fire or theft and I never take a laptop out of the house. The three will be sync'd with each others
    o what if I don't want to save any files in the cloud, just save them locally? Is this allowed?
    You can select to save to the default "This PC" only setting if not already set that way.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 197
    Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.329
    Thread Starter
       #5

    I'm looking at the OneDrive window with the six tabs: Settings/Account/Auto-save/Network/Office/About. I've checked every tab and can't find "This PC only" setting. Where should I look please?
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 62,301
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #6

    Taffy078 said:
    I'm looking at the OneDrive window with the six tabs: Settings/Account/Auto-save/Network/Office/About. I've checked every tab and can't find "This PC only" setting. Where should I look please?
    It would be to "Stop protecting" for the folders below if set to "Start protection".

    Turn On or Off Folder Protection with OneDrive in Windows 10 | Tutorials
      My Computers



 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums