Anyone Use Horizon DataSys Programs Reboot Restore Rx/RollBack Rx

  1.    06 Dec 2018 #1

    Anyone Use Horizon DataSys Programs Reboot Restore Rx/RollBack Rx


    I used to use Faronics Deep Freeze. Anyone use the free versions for personal use from Horizon DataSys in lieu of virtual machines?

    https://horizondatasys.com/download/#rollbackrx
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    10 Dec 2018 #2

    Both are good, Reboot Restore Rx has the benefit of being free. Just so you know though, both tools have a history of having critical issues with Windows 10 Feature Updates. I've seen this first hand, critical BSOD issues requiring that I re-install the OS. The only tool that I've found doesn't have this issue is Reboot Restore Rx Pro. It's a paid program but less than Deep Freeze. If you use the freeware or Deep Freeze just be careful with those updates you'll either need to shelve the update or uninstall the software prior to running.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    10 Dec 2018 #3

    JohnF USA said: View Post
    Both are good, Reboot Restore Rx has the benefit of being free. Just so you know though, both tools have a history of having critical issues with Windows 10 Feature Updates. I've seen this first hand, critical BSOD issues requiring that I re-install the OS. The only tool that I've found doesn't have this issue is Reboot Restore Rx Pro. It's a paid program but less than Deep Freeze. If you use the freeware or Deep Freeze just be careful with those updates you'll either need to shelve the update or uninstall the software prior to running.
    Thanks for replying. I'll GOOGLE that problem. Are you aware of any particular Win 10 versions that are or have been problematic or which KB or update screwed the pooch? Currently I am using 1709 and 1803.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    10 Dec 2018 #4

    phaedruspress said: View Post
    Thanks for replying. I'll GOOGLE that problem. Are you aware of any particular Win 10 versions that are or have been problematic or which KB or update screwed the pooch? Currently I am using 1709 and 1803.
    It's really only going to be your feature updates. So The Fall and Spring Creator Updates. 1703, 1709, 1803, 1809, and the forthcoming 1903 will all affect these programs. Since Microsoft releases these a couple times a year, it's pretty frequent unfortunately.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    10 Dec 2018 #5

    JohnF USA said: View Post
    It's really only going to be your feature updates. So The Fall and Spring Creator Updates. 1703, 1709, 1803, 1809, and the forthcoming 1903 will all affect these programs. Since Microsoft releases these a couple times a year, it's pretty frequent unfortunately.
    Thanks. 1703 and 1709 as well as 1803 have been out for sometime. Are you saying that the Horizon DataSys Programs breaks when a bi-annual update comes along or are you implying that there are issues that can still arise say if I were to install a fresh copy of 1803 and tried their software.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    14 Dec 2018 #6

    phaedruspress said: View Post
    Are you saying that the Horizon DataSys Programs breaks when a bi-annual update comes along
    Yes
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    14 Dec 2018 #7

    JohnF USA said: View Post
    Yes
    Well, that's not good. That sounds too much like a problem waiting to happen. And no problem with Reboot Restore Rx Pro? I didn't check the cost of Pro when I chatted with the agent though I do recall being disappointed in finding out that they do not sell single licenses but only in lots of 5.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    04 Jan 2019 #8

    phaedruspress said: View Post
    Well, that's not good. That sounds too much like a problem waiting to happen. And no problem with Reboot Restore Rx Pro? I didn't check the cost of Pro when I chatted with the agent though I do recall being disappointed in finding out that they do not sell single licenses but only in lots of 5.
    I bought 3 licenses. I think for 5 it's a quote for less than 5 it's through their online store.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Must use system restore when reboot in Windows Updates and Activation
Latest Asus Bios update, Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.192. Users files are located on my D: drive. When the computer is shut down the message "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer" is displayed. When rebooting the process stops...
Since Fall Creators Update, Windows remembers which applications were open at the time of system shutdown, and launches them automatically at system startup. How can I disable this behavior?
Lately I am having an issue when doing a proper shutdown or reboot from a working desktop. Every time I shut down or reboot, My laptop starts to boot, shuts down automatically and reboots to Automatic Repair. Automatic repair fails after...
Hello, I've had this issue for months now.. I bought a new Samsung EVO 850 500gb SSD last year and it worked for almost 6 months till i had an issue with it just disappearing and i couldn't install anything on it.. so i replaced it thinking...
I read this at another forum and wanted to ask members here if they have rolled back to Win 7 (or 8.1) via a Cloned HDD or a full-HDD Image Restoration after their 30-day time period has expired. "I found a link where a poster said after 30 days...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:50.
Find Us