Old version of CCleaner no longer working in build 17763.168

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 18,653
    10 Home x64 (20H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #11

    Stitch194 said:
    And Yes! beware of the Avast installer that runs piggy back with the downloader.
    If you can find it, the Slim installer does not include any Avast or Chrome 'optional' offers.
      My Computers

  2. Stitch194's Avatar
    Posts : 430
    Windows 10 Pro
       #12

    Bree said:
    If you can find it, the Slim installer does not include any Avast or Chrome 'optional' offers.
    The older versions of CC are indeed difficult to find. I think Avast may have had a hand at that? It seems anything above 5.4.0 contains adds and privacy issues.
      My Computer

  3. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 18,653
    10 Home x64 (20H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #13

    Stitch194 said:
    The older versions of CC are indeed difficult to find...
    Found ccsetup538_slim.exe. If your browser has trouble downloading it (Firefox did) then try Edge.

    Wayback Machine
      My Computers

  4. EdTittel's Avatar
    Posts : 4,100
    Windows 10
       #14

    I run the Slim version and it seems to include no bloatware, extra stuff, or ads of any kind. Currently on version 5.50. Just sayin...
    --Ed--
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 152
    Windows 10 Pro/Education x64
       #15

    Currently running version 5.35 of CCleaner, when installing on a clean installed system, I make sure internet connectivity is disabled temporarily. That gives me time to rename ccleanerupdater.exe to ccleanerupdater.bak to disable it permanently.
      My Computer

  6. Callender's Avatar
    Posts : 4,075
    N/A
       #16

    FYI: Read this if you only want to install Ccleaner Slim Build (latest version) and avoid auto updating to the regular build when a new version is released.

    Issues with Ccleaner - Windows 10 Forums

    CCleaner - Builds

    RE: Old versions of Ccleaner. They will not contain fixes and may cause problems.

    CCleaner - Version History
      My Computer

  7. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,724
    Win 10 Pro 21359.1
       #17

    Callender said:
    FYI: Read this if you only want to install Ccleaner Slim Build (latest version) and avoid auto updating to the regular build when a new version is released.

    Issues with Ccleaner - Windows 10 Forums

    CCleaner - Builds

    RE: Old versions of Ccleaner. They will not contain fixes and may cause problems.

    CCleaner - Version History
    Maybe real Old version may but version 5.40 is working great for me.
      My Computer

  8. ddelo's Avatar
    Posts : 2,228
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #18

    For all old versions of ccleaner (not slim ones though), all the way back to CCleaner 1.16.082 (Released: 27 Nov 2004) check here:

    CCleaner 5.50.6911 - History - FileHippo.com
      My Computer

  9. Stitch194's Avatar
    Posts : 430
    Windows 10 Pro
       #19

    When I was getting the annoying Black Friday adds, I uninstalled version 5.48.6 and installed 5.40.6. Unfortunately I still got the adds, uninstalled 5.48 and installed 5.38 that was the end of the pop up adds. It appears that any versions after 5.40 seem to have been tweaked by Avast. 5.38 is running great.
      My Computer

  10. Callender's Avatar
    Posts : 4,075
    N/A
       #20

    Stitch194 said:
    When I was getting the annoying Black Friday adds, I uninstalled version 5.48.6 and installed 5.40.6. Unfortunately I still got the adds, uninstalled 5.48 and installed 5.38 that was the end of the pop up adds. It appears that any versions after 5.40 seem to have been tweaked by Avast. 5.38 is running great.
    That's not correct. I have the latest version (SLIM build) and no ads. However I run an older regular version on my machine at work (regular build not slim build) and it does display ads (Black Friday ones recently)
      My Computer


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:14.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums