How do I Remove Video Editor and Connect?

  1. yahanna's Avatar
    Posts : 482
    10
       #1

    How do I Remove Video Editor and Connect?


    How do I remove video editor and connect from win 10 1809?
      My Computer

  2. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 18,616
    10 Home x64 (20H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #2

    See @Brink's tutorial....
    Uninstall Apps in Windows 10 | Tutorials

    It doesn't (yet) include Powershell instructions for those specific apps, but Option Four shows how to find the names of the app packages if you want to use Powershell.
      My Computers

  3. yahanna's Avatar
    Posts : 482
    10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Bree said:
    See @Brink's tutorial....
    Uninstall Apps in Windows 10 | Tutorials

    It doesn't (yet) include Powershell instructions for those specific apps, but Option Four shows how to find the names of the app packages if you want to use Powershell.
    I looked there before. But Connect and Video Editor are not found there.
      My Computer

  4. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 18,616
    10 Home x64 (20H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #4

    yahanna said:
    I looked there before. But Connect and Video Editor are not found there.
    Video Editor is part of Photos, I'm not sure you can just remove that and leave Photos in place.

    For newer apps not yet listed in the tutorial, see Step 4 to find out the names of all the app packages, then you'll know the names to use in Powershell.

    A) In PowerShell, use either command below for what you want, and press Enter to see a list of all installed Windows apps for the current user account...
    (outputs to text file on your desktop)
    Get-AppxPackage | Select Name, PackageFullName >"$env:userprofile\Desktop\Apps_List.txt"

    (outputs inside PowerShell)
    Get-AppxPackage | Select Name, PackageFullName
      My Computers

  5. yahanna's Avatar
    Posts : 482
    10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Bree said:
    Video Editor is part of Photos, I'm not sure you can just remove that and leave Photos in place.

    For newer apps not yet listed in the tutorial, see Step 4 to find out the names of all the app packages, then you'll know the names to use in Powershell.
    Ok thanks.. hope you can help me on my other thread:
    Strange Device Driver Versions Installed - Windows 10 Forums
      My Computer

  6. Porthos's Avatar
    Posts : 881
    Win 10
       #6

    yahanna said:
    How do I remove video editor and connect from win 10 1809?
    My personal view is if you can not just right-click it in start and choose uninstall just leave it alone. "just because you can does not mean you should"

    You just had to start over again with a reinstall so don't take chances. if something is not actually broke dont fix it.

    My .02
      My Computers

  7. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,043
    Windows 10
       #7

    yahanna said:
    How do I remove video editor and connect from win 10 1809?
    To uninstall Video Editor, you have to uninstall Photos, they are one in the same.

    To uninstall Connect, you need a special utility... Downloads / Other / Uninstall the Connect app in Windows 10.
      My Computer

  8. yahanna's Avatar
    Posts : 482
    10
    Thread Starter
       #8

    Edwin said:
    To uninstall Video Editor, you have to uninstall Photos, they are one in the same.

    To uninstall Connect, you need a special utility... Downloads / Other / Uninstall the Connect app in Windows 10.
    Thanks eddie.. I think I'll just not uninstall them. Sounds a bit risky and its a hassle. Thanks anyway
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:59.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums