Images on Skype conversation wont open

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 11
    Windows Server 2016
       #1

    Images on Skype conversation wont open


    Images on Skype conversation wont open-untitled.png
    This dialog keeps asking me every time even if I check the box underneath.
    Any idea?
    Last edited by Derst; 20 Nov 2018 at 18:42.
      My Computer

  2. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,134
    Windows 10
       #2

    Hello @Derst and welcome to tenforums!

    It's looks as if you may still be using Version 7XXXXX which is no longer supported as of Nov 1...

    Version 8 opens attachments within the Skype UI itself.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 11
    Windows Server 2016
    Thread Starter
       #3

    This problem has nothing to do with windows? My other local user account opens picture using the Windows Photo Viewer by default but this new account i created isn't.
      My Computer

  4. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,134
    Windows 10
       #4

    Derst said:
    This problem has nothing to do with windows? My other local user account opens picture using the Windows Photo Viewer by default but this new account i created isn't.
    I'm sorry, you misunderstood...

    I'm talking about Skype version 7...

    Images on Skype conversation wont open-about-screen.jpg

    as opposed to Skype version 8...

    Images on Skype conversation wont open-001259-copy.png
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 11
    Windows Server 2016
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Edwin said:
    I'm sorry, you misunderstood...

    I'm talking about Skype version 7...

    Images on Skype conversation wont open-about-screen.jpg

    as opposed to Skype version 8...

    Images on Skype conversation wont open-001259-copy.png
    What might be the solution to this without updating my skype to version 8. I tried uninstall/install but still no luck.
      My Computer

  6. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,134
    Windows 10
       #6

    Derst said:
    What might be the solution to this without updating my skype to version 8. I tried uninstall/install but still no luck.
    Not sure...

    Is Windows Photo Viewer your default viewer?
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 11
    Windows Server 2016
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Edwin said:
    Not sure...

    Is Windows Photo Viewer your default viewer?
    Yes, when i right click an image on skype then save it and open from the saved location, it will open by default using photo viewer

    Do you have any solution to skype version 8 to stop its auto update feature?
      My Computer

  8. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,134
    Windows 10
       #8

    Derst said:
    Yes, when i right click an image on skype then save it and open from the saved location, it will open by default using photo viewer
    Odd...

    Derst said:
    Do you have any solution to skype version 8 to stop its auto update feature?
    Turn off auto updates...

    Images on Skype conversation wont open-001270.png
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 11
    Windows Server 2016
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Edwin said:
    Odd...



    Turn off auto updates...

    Images on Skype conversation wont open-001270.png
    I don't see that ui in skype 8
      My Computer

  10. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,134
    Windows 10
       #10

    Derst said:
    I don't see that ui in skype 8
    Oh sorry!...

    I doubt you can disable updates in Skype 8!
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums