DriverStoreExplorer [RAPR]

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 487
    Windows 10 Pro Dev 21354.1
       #71

    0.10.58

    • Cleanup old config when a new version runs the first time.
    • Strong sign the assembly so the config path is consistent.

    Release DriverStore Explorer v0.10.58 . lostindark/DriverStoreExplorer . GitHub
      My Computers

  2. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,028
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #72

    ap1978 said:
    0.10.58

    • Cleanup old config when a new version runs the first time.
    • Strong sign the assembly so the config path is consistent.

    Release DriverStore Explorer v0.10.58 . lostindark/DriverStoreExplorer . GitHub
    Thank you!
      My Computers

  3. eLPuSHeR's Avatar
    Posts : 2,444
    Windows 10 Home x64
    Thread Starter
       #73

    Thanks for the heads up Ap1978.
      My Computer

  4. Pejole2165's Avatar
    Posts : 745
    Windows 10 Pro 1909
       #74

    The best use I have found for this utility when it comes to space saving is with Nvidia drivers, they have a nasty habit of keeping a copy in the Nvidia folder (560Mb) plus a copy in Driver store folder (560Mb) every time you upgrade, so using RAPR you can recover at least 1Gb of space (1.1Gb if you delete the RTX .dll which is pointless on a GTX card lower than a 1660). Using RAPR is less hassle than DDU if you are not having issues with the Nvidia driver other than it's space hogging attitude.
      My Computer

  5. eLPuSHeR's Avatar
    Posts : 2,444
    Windows 10 Home x64
    Thread Starter
       #75

    Version 0.11.13
    • By default save the log file to the same directory of the exe.
    • Some UI updates.
    • Language translation updates.
      My Computer

  6. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,028
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #76

    eLPuSHeR said:
    Version 0.11.13
    • By default save the log file to the same directory of the exe.
    • Some UI updates.
    • Language translation updates.
    Thanks for the heads up!
      My Computers

  7. ddelo's Avatar
    Posts : 2,223
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #77

    Please be aware of a problem you might face using rapr to "Select Old Drivers" Automatically.

    There are some intel extensions that will be selected as they are installed from the same .inf file (iigd_ext.inf, marked in red in the following image). If you force delete them and reboot the system, within a few seconds Windows Update will reinstall them. Apparently, although earlier versions (the current one is marked in green), they need to be there and they will be reinstalled.
    To make a long story short, don't completely rely on the "Automatic" selection of the old drivers. Just go through them and select the old ones manually.

    DriverStoreExplorer [RAPR]-rapr_olddrivers.png

    HTH.
    Last edited by ddelo; 10 Aug 2020 at 03:56.
      My Computer

  8. ddelo's Avatar
    Posts : 2,223
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #78

    Version 0.11.18 was just released.
      My Computer

  9. eLPuSHeR's Avatar
    Posts : 2,444
    Windows 10 Home x64
    Thread Starter
       #79

    Good day.

    Thanks for the heads up ddelo.
      My Computer

  10. Steve C's Avatar
    Posts : 6,279
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #80

    ddelo said:
    Please be aware of a problem you might face using rapr to "Select Old Drivers" Automatically.

    There are some intel extensions that will be selected as they are installed from the same .inf file (iigd_ext.inf, marked in red in the following image). If you force delete them and reboot Windows Update will reinstall them. Apparently, although earlier versions (the current one is marked in green), they need to be there and they will be reinstalled.
    To make a long story short, don't completely rely on the "Automatic" selection of the old drivers. Just go through them and select the old ones manually.

    DriverStoreExplorer [RAPR]-rapr_olddrivers.png

    HTH.
    Good warning!
      My Computers


 
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:26.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums