QTTabBar Updates

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast
  1. dalchina's Avatar
    Posts : 33,168
    Win 10 Pro (1903) (2nd PC is 21H1)
       #1

    QTTabBar Updates


    A few of us will be tremendously excited by this!

    The program (amongst many other things)
    - adds tabs to file explorer
    - adds ability to colour regions of file explorer (and so other features expressed via file explorer)
    - adds recent files list
    - adds click to see flyout folder tree in file explorer
    - and much more...

    QTTabBar
    Last edited by Barman58; 16 Oct 2018 at 02:50. Reason: Add Link
      My Computers

  2. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,824
    Windows 10
       #2

    @dalchina

    Should keep this thread live for feedback and updates; perhaps make the title QTTabBar Updates so it's more apt to show in searches.

    I'm going to see if 1039 will run independently on a Guest Account.
      My Computer

  3. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,824
    Windows 10
       #3

    Edwin said:
    ...I'm going to see if 1039 will run independently on a Guest Account.
    Well, that didn't work!!!

    Too many things screwed up in 1039, haven't nailed it all yet but workin on it!

    EDIT:

    Version 1038:

    QTTabBar Updates-000944.png

    Version 1039:
    Not liking it!

    QTTabBar Updates-000943.png
      My Computer

  4. dalchina's Avatar
    Posts : 33,168
    Win 10 Pro (1903) (2nd PC is 21H1)
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Are you using WindowBlinds as well? - might need an update for 1809..
    (Tried changing the title- saved it- but only effective for the first post- even read the FAQs on editing posts..)
      My Computers

  5. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,824
    Windows 10
       #5

    dalchina said:
    Are you using WindowBlinds as well? - might need an update for 1809..
    (Tried changing the title- saved it- but only effective for the first post- even read the FAQs on editing posts..)
    I don't think Windows Blinds has anything to do with it.

    Anyway...

    I updated to 1039, which made the Tab Bar look hideous, so, I reverted back to 1038 and all anomalies disappeared...

    with the exception of the QTTabBar Toolbar not painting after an Explorer crash...

    QTTabBar Updates-000963.png QTTabBar Updates-000964.png

    Even reverting back to 1038, Options still highlight the new features!

    So..., barring an Explorer crash or Restart, everything seems to be in order.

    My ideal set up:

    Explorer Tabs, Application Launch Bar, Navigation Pane flyout style, Mouse Hover Media previews, and much more...
    (The engine exists in Windows, just have to make it work!!!)

    QTTabBar Updates-000962.png
      My Computer

  6. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 25,164
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #6

    dalchina said:
    A few of us will be tremendously excited by this!

    The program (amongst many other things)
    - adds tabs to file explorer
    - adds ability to colour regions of file explorer (and so other features expressed via file explorer)
    - adds recent files list
    - adds click to see flyout folder tree in file explorer
    - and much more...
    @dalchina Since this thread is about QTTabbar update (and news, I guess), link to it's site should be in the first post.

    QTTabBar | qttabbar.wikidot.com

    To install, scroll down and get older version, since 1039 is only update. Get the files in first link (it is named wrong - 1036, but is 1038 really).
      My Computers


  7. dalchina's Avatar
    Posts : 33,168
    Win 10 Pro (1903) (2nd PC is 21H1)
    Thread Starter
       #7

    I did attempt to post the link in my first post- that appeared just as text when I looked at it just now, but when I saved this post, that looked ok again. So don't ask me why....
      My Computers

  8. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 25,164
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #8

    dalchina said:
    I did attempt to post the link in my first post- that appeared just as text when I looked at it just now, but when I saved this post, that looked ok again. So don't ask me why....
    I think some higher power fixed it
      My Computers

  9. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,824
    Windows 10
       #9

    QTTabBar 1039 on IP 18262, almost tolerable...

    QTTabBar Updates-001016.png

    Can't turn on Windows Blinds though, or everything will go to shat!!!
      My Computer

  10. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,824
    Windows 10
       #10

    Very odd!!!

    User Pictures folder is the only folder that won't respect my column color or size settings!

    QTTabBar Updates-001132.png

    All other folders will!

    QTTabBar Updates-001133.png

    Build 18277, QTTabBar 1038
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums