QTTabBar Updates

Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
  1. steve108's Avatar
    Posts : 11,450
    19041.928 - 2004/20H1 Home x64
       #321

    Hastalevista said:
    Is 1043 stable and 100% working?
    And if not what currently is the best version.

    I'm still using QTTabBar_1.5.0.0 beta 2 from way back when that amazingly is still 100% stable and works near flawlessly baring Dark mode and I'd hate to mess up a good thing.
    Works just fine for me and a few other here use it too
      My Computer

  2. Hastalevista's Avatar
    Posts : 12
    Windows 10
       #322

    steve108 said:
    Works just fine for me and a few other here use it too
    Thanks!
    So no weird glitches and most importantly it catches every new Explorer window that gets opened and adds it to the existing window as a tab?
      My Computer

  3. steve108's Avatar
    Posts : 11,450
    19041.928 - 2004/20H1 Home x64
       #323

    Hastalevista said:
    Thanks!
    So no weird glitches and most importantly it catches every new Explorer window that gets opened and adds it to the existing window as a tab?
    I deal with it's quirks ....... you'll just have to try it out.
      My Computer

  4. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 39,445
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v20H2 and insider builds
       #324

    Hastalevista said:
    Thanks!
    So no weird glitches and most importantly it catches every new Explorer window that gets opened and adds it to the existing window as a tab?
    Yes and it's stable for me too. It supports Windows dark theme too.
      My Computer

  5. Hastalevista's Avatar
    Posts : 12
    Windows 10
       #325

    steve108 said:
    I deal with it's quirks ....... you'll just have to try it out.
    Tell me about the quirks?!
    A few years back I tried that Qttabbar fork some guy made but I soon had to revert to ye old faithful QTTabBar_1.5.0.0 beta 2
    It's quite a process to get it all up and running again and Windows doesn't always play nicely with the install so I'd prefer not to go through the whole rigmarole if the functionality will be a bit hit and miss.

    I'm really only upgrading hoping for the interface and icons to be a bit more polished and to get dark mode.
      My Computer

  6. steve108's Avatar
    Posts : 11,450
    19041.928 - 2004/20H1 Home x64
       #326

    Hastalevista said:
    Tell me about the quirks?!
    A few years back I tried that Qttabbar fork some guy made but I soon had to revert to ye old faithful QTTabBar_1.5.0.0 beta 2
    It's quite a process to get it all up and running again and Windows doesn't always play nicely with the install so I'd prefer not to go through the whole rigmarole if the functionality will be a bit hit and miss.

    I'm really only upgrading hoping for the interface and icons to be a bit more polished and to get dark mode.
    Never mind - no quirks then.
      My Computer

  7. steve108's Avatar
    Posts : 11,450
    19041.928 - 2004/20H1 Home x64
       #327

    steve108 said:
    Never mind - no quirks then.
    Save your current configuration and try it. Don't like it, revert back to what you have now. It's really that simple .
      My Computer

  8. phrab's Avatar
    Posts : 634
    windows 10 professional 64-bit, 1204
       #328

    Hastalevista said:
    Is 1043 stable and 100% working?
    And if not what currently is the best version.

    I'm still using QTTabBar_1.5.0.0 beta 2 from way back when that amazingly is still 100% stable and works near flawlessly baring Dark mode and I'd hate to mess up a good thing.
    I've been using version 1043 for some time now & have found it to work fine. I do not use dark mode, however, so I don't know if it will affect that. The only thing that I have noticed (& can't remember whether this was a problem in previous versions) is that, regardless of the view chosen for File Explorer, the icons for recent files are all white...they do not pick up the icon for the file type.

    If you're happy with the version you have, then there may be no reason to change (if it ain't broke, don't fix it). You can check out changes between versions at Change Log - QuizoApps.
      My Computer

  9. steve108's Avatar
    Posts : 11,450
    19041.928 - 2004/20H1 Home x64
       #329

    phrab said:
    I've been using version 1043 for some time now & have found it to work fine. I do not use dark mode, however, so I don't know if it will affect that. The only thing that I have noticed (& can't remember whether this was a problem in previous versions) is that, regardless of the view chosen for File Explorer, the icons for recent files are all white...they do not pick up the icon for the file type.

    If you're happy with the version you have, then there may be no reason to change (if it ain't broke, don't fix it). You can check out changes between versions at Change Log - QuizoApps.
    Why did you upgrade to 1043 then? Last version wasn't good enough ?

    Why did you upgrade to 20H2? 2004 not good enough? ?
      My Computer

  10. Hastalevista's Avatar
    Posts : 12
    Windows 10
       #330

    Thanks for the info guys.

    If I hit a speed bump with 1043 which version before that was the most stable version?
    I might actually first update to that previous stable version and then if that works out then go to 1043.

    I'm screwed without tabs, it's vital for my day to day operations..... currently have 17 tabs open and that's about usual.
      My Computer


 
Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:17.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums