QTTabBar Updates

Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
  1. steve108's Avatar
    Posts : 11,453
    19041.928 - 2004/20H1 Home x64
       #191

    phrab said:
    Try this:
    1. Open Windows Explorer to any folder (i.e.tab). e.g. Current Projects
    2. If you want to keep that tab open, duplicate it (there's a button on the tabbar. If not, just do step 3.
    3. In the address bar, click on "This PC" (or whatever the name of your PC). It will be the left most choice in the address bar.
    4. Put your cursor in the search bar & type NirSoft.
    5. When the search is over, just click on the NirSoft folder & it will open in a new tab without closing any others.



    Also, when you have duplicate attachments, click the button that I show below. It will open up your attachments & you can remove one. It's the 8th button from the left on the top row of your post.
    Hello @phrab,
    Thanks much for your detailed response - your search instructions worked for me and I see now I missed the X in the upper right corner of the image to delete it. If there's a way to open folder into a new tab from Windows search without a third party app, I'd like to know how. In the mean time your solution works for me.
      My Computer

  2. dalchina's Avatar
    Posts : 29,978
    Win 10 Pro (1903)
    Thread Starter
       #192

    Related: If I search (Win key + S) e.g.
    folder : Downloads

    and rt click the result, I am offered 'Open file location'

    Does that sound right to you? Oh, you've noticed- it's a folder.
    Clicking on it does nothing...
    QTTabBar Updates-untitled.png

    Is this different in 2004? Thanks.
      My Computers

  3. steve108's Avatar
    Posts : 11,453
    19041.928 - 2004/20H1 Home x64
       #193

    dalchina said:
    Related: If I search (Win key + S) e.g.
    folder : Downloads

    and rt click the result, I am offered 'Open file location'

    Does that sound right to you? Oh, you've noticed- it's a folder.
    Clicking on it does nothing...
    QTTabBar Updates-untitled.png

    Is this different in 2004? Thanks.
    "Open file location" opens the folder which contains the Downloads folder or file if you search for a file. So yes, they don't differentiate between File or Folder - calling a Folder a File.

    On my 2004 it looks basically the same as what you've shown.

    One thing about 2004, I can just hit the Win key then start typing "folder:downloads" or whatever I'm searching for - no need to hit Win + S, but that still works if I do it.
      My Computer

  4. dalchina's Avatar
    Posts : 29,978
    Win 10 Pro (1903)
    Thread Starter
       #194

    Thanks- "Open file location" opens the folder
    - that's different- for me, as I said, it does nothing. Likewise in the rt pane. Maybe they fixed that...(!)
    (Whereas if I search for a file, that works).

    I have search hidden in taskbar properties- hence Win key S to display the box.
      My Computers

  5. steve108's Avatar
    Posts : 11,453
    19041.928 - 2004/20H1 Home x64
       #195

    dalchina said:
    Thanks- "Open file location" opens the folder
    - that's different- for me, as I said, it does nothing. Likewise in the rt pane. Maybe they fixed that...(!)
    (Whereas if I search for a file, that works).

    I have search hidden in taskbar properties- hence Win key S to display the box.
    Just to clarify, in 2004 I don't have the two open options in the top left as you have (as per the screenshot from my earlier post).

    Also, after seeing your last post I just hid my taskbar search icon which I never use anyway, and still hitting Win + search text works to initiate a search without needing to press S. I find myself using the Win key to search for files, folder, apps, settings, etc all the time now.
      My Computer

  6. dalchina's Avatar
    Posts : 29,978
    Win 10 Pro (1903)
    Thread Starter
       #196

    Maybe that's 'cos for me Win key opens Open Shell (reassigned). - which has its own configurable search box(!)

    Sorry, which two options? All, Apps are the same..
      My Computers

  7. steve108's Avatar
    Posts : 11,453
    19041.928 - 2004/20H1 Home x64
       #197

    dalchina said:
    Maybe that's 'cos for me Win key opens Open Shell (reassigned). - which has its own configurable search box(!)

    Sorry, which two options? All, Apps are the same..
    Open file location and Copy full path - only have them on the right side.
      My Computer

  8. dalchina's Avatar
    Posts : 29,978
    Win 10 Pro (1903)
    Thread Starter
       #198

    Oh, no rt click as you said.

    What happens if you do exactly the same type of search?

    folder: <name>

    Also noted: Recent files in Quick Access still have no icons after most recent Qttabbar update.. is that also true in 2004?
    QTTabBar Updates-1.png
      My Computers

  9. phrab's Avatar
    Posts : 634
    windows 10 professional 64-bit, 1204
       #199

    dalchina said:
    Also noted: Recent files in Quick Access still have no icons after most recent Qttabbar update.. is that also true in 2004?
    QTTabBar Updates-1.png
    Yes, that's true in 2004. Didn't notice that before.
      My Computer

  10. steve108's Avatar
    Posts : 11,453
    19041.928 - 2004/20H1 Home x64
       #200

    dalchina said:
    Oh, no rt click as you said.

    What happens if you do exactly the same type of search?

    folder: <name>

    Also noted: Recent files in Quick Access still have no icons after most recent Qttabbar update.. is that also true in 2004?
    Didn't realize you were r-clicking, so it looks the same as yours when I do and clicking on either "Open" or "Copy" works.
    Never occurred to me to r-click on the left side, but I see it would be useful if there's more than one match.
    "Win + folder:nirsoft" works and finds my NirSoft folder.

    I have icons for files if I click QA. E.g. Zip, PDF, Chrome, and TXT icons are visible in the same screen area you show plain icons for files.

    I had to look up your use of (!) - don't recall seeing it anywhere before other than for low tire pressure on the dashboard .
      My Computer


 
Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:38.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums