QTTabBar Updates

Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
  1. ZipZwan's Avatar
    Posts : 33
    Windows 10 (2009)
       #171

    Edwin said:
    Not sure, haven't tried!

    Either way, back up your settings first!
    thx you, always backing up my settings
    So I tried it and, it is kind of wierd, my theme is super white, and Command Bar area also, maybe because not compatible with the theme I am using.
    Anyway, I deleted everything, cleaned reg, rebooted, and reinstalled 1039+40, which is working well for now
      My Computer

  2. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 39,445
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v20H2 and insider builds
       #172

    Edwin said:
    Not sure, haven't tried!

    Either way, back up your settings first!
    I've installed it over 1041. You need a restart after although it doesn't ask for one.
      My Computer

  3. ZipZwan's Avatar
    Posts : 33
    Windows 10 (2009)
       #173

    kado897 said:
    I've installed it over 1041. You need a restart after although it doesn't ask for one.
    Thx, yeah I always do a restart after install of QTTabBar, for it to be correctly installed/applied to Explorer, but wait you mean "over 1040", cause I do not have "1041" !!
    Just aware of "1038" and its update "to 1040". I looked and could not find "1041" on the site.
      My Computer

  4. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 39,445
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v20H2 and insider builds
       #174

    ZipZwan said:
    Thx, yeah I always do a restart after install of QTTabBar, for it to be correctly installed/applied to Explorer, but wait you mean "over 1040", cause I do not have "1041" !!
    Just aware of "1038" and its update "to 1040". I looked and could not find "1041" on the site.
    1041 was the version I had installed. They seem to remove some old versions from the site. I cant say for sure but 1042 seems to be a full installer unlike the update to 1040 so you should be ok to install 1042 over it.
      My Computer

  5. ZipZwan's Avatar
    Posts : 33
    Windows 10 (2009)
       #175

    kado897 said:
    1041 was the version I had installed. They seem to remove some old versions from the site. I cant say for sure but 1042 seems to be a full installer unlike the update to 1040 so you should be ok to install 1042 over it.
    you are right, I also noted c.1042 being a complete new install .exe, not an update file as was v.1040 being an update to install over v.1038/1039.
    Anyway I again have it a try, so installed v.1042 like we said, but the theme (color) being applied are damn White, difficult to see anything.
    Probably because the theme or image, I use, is not compatible yet with this very recent version (1042).
    My Command Bar:QTTabBar Updates-annotation-2020-09-08-160715.jpg
    Command Bar with v.1042
    QTTabBar Updates-annotation-2020-09-08-133703.jpg
    So I will stick with 1040 for now, untill new theme are popping out on Download section.
    Thx very much for the support.
      My Computer

  6. phrab's Avatar
    Posts : 634
    windows 10 professional 64-bit, 1204
       #176

    ZipZwan said:
    you are right, I also noted c.1042 being a complete new install .exe, not an update file as was v.1040 being an update to install over v.1038/1039.
    Anyway I again have it a try, so installed v.1042 like we said, but the theme (color) being applied are damn White, difficult to see anything.
    Probably because the theme or image, I use, is not compatible yet with this very recent version (1042).
    My Command Bar:QTTabBar Updates-annotation-2020-09-08-160715.jpg
    Command Bar with v.1042
    QTTabBar Updates-annotation-2020-09-08-133703.jpg
    So I will stick with 1040 for now, untill new theme are popping out on Download section.
    Thx very much for the support.
    You can change all the icons. Did you see Edwin's post QTTabBar Updates

    And I changed all the icons before. See QTTabBar Updates
      My Computer

  7. ZipZwan's Avatar
    Posts : 33
    Windows 10 (2009)
       #177

    phrab said:
    You can change all the icons. Did you see Edwin's post QTTabBar Updates

    And I changed all the icons before. See QTTabBar Updates
    Thanks you.
    You right, before even your reply, I gave it again a try few days ago, and I noted that Icons was White now. Totally changed!! Not only colors of the theme. About the colors, I was able to cook some black mix, suited for me, but for the icons, I did not understand how to get back the ones I am used to. I found into Settings that it was possible to add icons or Packs or somethings close to that, but was not able to reach anywhere...
    I am learning from you that it is possible to change Icon of each function, hmmmm a little harsh... sad there is not icons packs. Maybe save the icone of version 1040 before to update to 1042? What do you think?? Any idea where I can find them??
    Thx you for pointing me in the right direction to be able to custom the icons
      My Computer

  8. phrab's Avatar
    Posts : 634
    windows 10 professional 64-bit, 1204
       #178

    ZipZwan said:
    Thanks you.
    You right, before even your reply, I gave it again a try few days ago, and I noted that Icons was White now. Totally changed!! Not only colors of the theme. About the colors, I was able to cook some black mix, suited for me, but for the icons, I did not understand how to get back the ones I am used to. I found into Settings that it was possible to add icons or Packs or somethings close to that, but was not able to reach anywhere...
    I am learning from you that it is possible to change Icon of each function, hmmmm a little harsh... sad there is not icons packs. Maybe save the icone of version 1040 before to update to 1042? What do you think?? Any idea where I can find them??
    Thx you for pointing me in the right direction to be able to custom the icons
    Here, I have uploaded the icons that I've used. Most are the same as version 1038, but I changed a few.

    Additional: I numbered them to be used 1 thru 17 starting from the left of the tabbar.
    QTTabBar Updates Attached Files
    Last edited by phrab; 13 Sep 2020 at 00:14.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 18
    Windows 10
       #179

    jungf said:
    Unfortunately it seems QTTabBar is causing momentary freezes. Once every three minutes, the svchost process governing "RPC Endpoint Mapper" and "Remote Procedure Call (RPC)" will use up the entirety of a core for a thread with the start address "sechost.dll!StartServiceW+0x60" and the entire computer will 'lag' for about a second or two.

    Eventually I figured out that it was only happening when the explorer.exe process was running (whether or not the file explorer was open). I uninstalled QTTabBar using the 1038 setup file and sure enough, that particular svchost.exe process stopped having those CPU usage spikes.

    I tried disabling many features in QTTabBar to see if it would make the CPU usage spikes disappear, but nothing seemed to help.

    If you use QTTabBar, you should see if you're having the same problem. The svchost.exe process, for me at least, always had the lowest value PID among the other svchost.exe processes, so that should make it easy to spot if you're using Process Hacker or Process Explorer. If you look at CPU usage of threads, you might just see the behavior I'm seeing.
    It's funny to bump up such an old comment, but I experienced the same thing for the past months, and I was almost blaming my Ryzen upgrade on that same issue, and even reinstalled Windows 10 in hopes of solving this issue.
    This only happened to me after using the Explorer for a long while (especially common while programming), the whole explorer.exe related UI would start freezing up for a few seconds, and the longer I kept using it without restarting, the longer those freezes would get. I uninstalled QTTabBar and installed the prehistoric QTTabBar 1.5.0.0 Beta 2 instead, never had those freezes so far, and using the Explorer feels consistently smooth now even after a prolonged usage. There's clearly something wrong with the newer QTTabBar.
    (Not using any UI mods besides OldNewExplorer 1.1.9)
    Last edited by IgorEisberg; 13 Sep 2020 at 08:13.
      My Computer

  10. dalchina's Avatar
    Posts : 29,978
    Win 10 Pro (1903)
    Thread Starter
       #180

    Is that build specific, I wonder? Not seeing that on 1903..
      My Computers


 
Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:38.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums