Windows 10: Stardock WindowBlinds

  1.    29 Jul 2018 #1

    Stardock WindowBlinds


    Was curious if anyone here uses WindowBlinds from Stardock? I thought about getting it, but I don't want any lagging or F-ups with it. My PC should run it. AMD Ryzen 8-Core with 16GB RAM, and a SSD. .
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    29 Jul 2018 #2

    vgkfan83 said: View Post
    Was curious if anyone here uses WindowBlinds from Stardock? I thought about getting it, but I don't want any lagging or F-ups with it. My PC should run it. AMD Ryzen 8-Core with 16GB RAM, and a SSD. .
    Been using WB for a few years...
    Stable v10.65 works well, Beta v10.70 is working well, also, on 'Skippy'.

    Check the forums for more info:

    Stardock - WindowBlinds
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    29 Jul 2018 #3

    Edwin said: View Post
    Been using WB for a few years...
    Stable v10.65 works well, Beta v10.70 is working well, also, on 'Skippy'.

    Check the forums for more info:

    Stardock - WindowBlinds
    Thanks, Edwin!!! I'm seriously considering it. Getting tired of the same ole theme. . LOL
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    29 Jul 2018 #4

    Stardock has a sale on "Object Dock" which has a suite of applications to customize windows which includes "Windows Blinds for $29.99. Regularly $49.99.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    30 Jul 2018 #5

    Been using WindowBlinds since the Win8 days -- not having any problems with it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    15 Aug 2018 #6

    Ok so, i downloaded the Trial version of WindowBlinds. It doesn't work. When I apply a theme from WinCustomize, all of my processor cores jump up to 100%, and the start menu/task bar freezes and does nothing. I have to change it back to Default Theme for it to work again. Any ideas of what could be the problem?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    15 Aug 2018 #7

    vgkfan83 said: View Post
    Ok so, i downloaded the Trial version of WindowBlinds. It doesn't work. When I apply a theme from WinCustomize, all of my processor cores jump up to 100%, and the start menu/task bar freezes and does nothing. I have to change it back to Default Theme for it to work again. Any ideas of what could be the problem?
    I do not care for any app that Stardock comes out with. There are plenty of free 3rd Party Themes available here and at other sites.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    15 Aug 2018 #8

    vgkfan83 said: View Post
    Ok so, i downloaded the Trial version of WindowBlinds. It doesn't work. When I apply a theme from WinCustomize, all of my processor cores jump up to 100%, and the start menu/task bar freezes and does nothing. I have to change it back to Default Theme for it to work again. Any ideas of what could be the problem?
    Did you reboot after install?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    15 Aug 2018 #9

    Edwin said: View Post
    Did you reboot after install?
    Yes, I did. I was using the 10.7 BETA Version. So, I uninstalled it, and installed the public trial version that's on the website and it works ok. . Chrome will open, but only if i tell WindowBlinds not to apply the them to Chrome. Other than that, it won't show.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    16 Aug 2018 #10

    vgkfan83 said: View Post
    Yes, I did. I was using the 10.7 BETA Version. So, I uninstalled it, and installed the public trial version that's on the website and it works ok. . Chrome will open, but only if i tell WindowBlinds not to apply the them to Chrome. Other than that, it won't show.
    Chrome won't skin unless you disable Custom-drawn Windows 10 Titlebar at chrome://flags/...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000378.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	190.1 KB 
ID:	199599
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hi all! Please don't use Stardock IconPackager 5.x versions with Windows 10, no matter of upgrade! It harms icons in Start menu/screen and new icons are displayed as default system icon only - it is only in case Start menu/screen, icons or other...
WindowBlinds 10 released! in Customization
69660 Skin your Windows Desktop Interface with WindowBlinds WindowBlinds 10.03 changelog: Windows 10 Compatibility!
Stardock in Software and Apps
Want to add a bit of pizzazz to your desktop ? Just received a email from Stardock about WindowsFX http://www.stardock.com/products/windowfx/index.asp?utm_source=sdmail&utm_medium=promomailer&utm_content=LEARNMORE&utm_campaign=WFX_030116
If you run Stardock Windowblinds then please uninstall it before performing an upgrade installation of Win 10. If you don't then a vertical taskbar configuration may get corrupted. This happened to me and in Win 10 a vertical taskbar takes up...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:32.
Find Us