Skype for desktop: how to change chat font style/size in version 8.x ?


  1. Posts : 3
    windows 10
       #1

    Skype for desktop: how to change chat font style/size in version 8.x ?


    Hi all,

    Unlike in skype's previous versions, in version 8.x (for desktop) it is impossible to change font size & style in chat (instant messaging) via skype menus, this is very very sad.

    Now fonts look very small and not clear, super disturbing!

    Could someone tell me what is the registry path for font size & style (in instant messaging) so I do it manually via the registry?

    Many thanks,

    Ziv
      My Computer

  2. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,822
    Windows 10
       #2

    zaza770 said:
    Hi all,

    Unlike in skype's previous versions, in version 8.x (for desktop) it is impossible to change font size & style in chat (instant messaging) via skype menus, this is very very sad.

    Now fonts look very small and not clear, super disturbing!

    Could someone tell me what is the registry path for font size & style (in instant messaging) so I do it manually via the registry?

    Many thanks,

    Ziv
    I don't think you can!
    Just zoom in and out and reset the entire UI...

    Skype for desktop: how to change chat font style/size in version 8.x ?-000107.png
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 3
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    [QUOTE=Edwin;1414253]I don't think you can!
    Just zoom in and out and reset the entire UI...


    Thanks Edwin,
    What do you mean zoom in and out?
    I could not find such option in my skype!
    Please see a screenshot of how it looks on my end, i am using skype for desktop (i think its version 8.25) on windows 10

    Skype for desktop: how to change chat font style/size in version 8.x ?-capture.jpg
      My Computer

  4. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,822
    Windows 10
       #4

    [QUOTE=zaza770;1414259]
    Edwin said:
    I don't think you can!
    Just zoom in and out and reset the entire UI...


    Thanks Edwin,
    What do you mean zoom in and out?
    I could not find such option in my skype!
    Please see a screenshot of how it looks on my end, i am using skype for desktop (i think its version 8.25) on windows 10

    Skype for desktop: how to change chat font style/size in version 8.x ?-capture.jpg
    With mouse focus on Skype, press Alt on your keyboard then click on View...

    Skype for desktop: how to change chat font style/size in version 8.x ?-000108.png
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 3
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    MANY Thanks!
    Ziv

    [QUOTE=Edwin;1414262]
    zaza770 said:

    With mouse focus on Skype, press Alt on your keyboard then click on View...

    Skype for desktop: how to change chat font style/size in version 8.x ?-000108.png
      My Computer

  6. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,822
    Windows 10
       #6

    Finally!!!

    Skype for desktop: how to change chat font style/size in version 8.x ?-untitled.png
      My Computer


  7. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,822
    Windows 10
       #7

    Skype now has Subtitles bot!? Perhaps for the hearing impaired.

    Skype for desktop: how to change chat font style/size in version 8.x ?-1.png
      My Computer

  8. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,822
    Windows 10
       #8

    Edwin said:
    Finally!!!

    Skype for desktop: how to change chat font style/size in version 8.x ?-untitled.png
    UWP Skype has caught up as well...

    Skype for desktop: how to change chat font style/size in version 8.x ?-001135.png
      My Computer

  9. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,822
    Windows 10
       #9

    Now enabled in both UWP and Desktop Skype...

    Skype for desktop: how to change chat font style/size in version 8.x ?-001137.png
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums