8gadgetpack Solved

  1. Clintlgm's Avatar
    Posts : 960
    Win 10 pro Upgraded from 8.1
       #1

    8gadgetpack


    Just checking in with those of you running the latest preview builds 17711, will the 8gadgetpack continue working?
    I'm having no issues on 1803 just planning ahead not sure how many in this forum are still using gadgets?
    I would love it if someone would create Apps that would replace these gadgets but that doesn't seem to be happening.
    I use 8gadgetpack Clipboard, Addgadgets.com CPU Meter, GPU meter and a clock gadget that I've used since Vista?
    I'm not experiencing any issues with these on 1803
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    #2

    I don't know about the Clipboard, but the gadgets can be replaced by those from SilverAzide, of DeviantArt fame.

    I switched over from 8GadgetPack to Rainmeter the beginning of the year when I stumbled upon the Gadgets.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. Clintlgm's Avatar
    Posts : 960
    Win 10 pro Upgraded from 8.1
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Mark Phelps said: View Post
    I don't know about the Clipboard, but the gadgets can be replaced by those from SilverAzide, of DeviantArt fame.

    I switched over from 8GadgetPack to Rainmeter the beginning of the year when I stumbled upon the Gadgets.
    Thanks, Mark it does look like it might be better than the 8gadget pack sure hope I can keep the clipboard from 8 gadget though I use it every day all the time
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 42,128
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #4

    Clintlgm said: View Post
    Just checking in with those of you running the latest preview builds 17711, will the 8gadgetpack continue working?
    I'm having no issues on 1803 just planning ahead not sure how many in this forum are still using gadgets?
    I would love it if someone would create Apps that would replace these gadgets but that doesn't seem to be happening.
    I use 8gadgetpack Clipboard, Addgadgets.com CPU Meter, GPU meter and a clock gadget that I've used since Vista?
    I'm not experiencing any issues with these on 1803
    All is working fine with 8gadgetpack on Insider 17711. Just make sure you do have the latest, v .26
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5. Clintlgm's Avatar
    Posts : 960
    Win 10 pro Upgraded from 8.1
    Thread Starter
       #5

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    All is working fine with 8gadgetpack on Insider 17711. Just make sure you do have the latest, v .26
    Thanks for the reply looks like Helmut is keeping up with the program and has added a few new gadgets
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    #6

    Yep love the gadget pack. Use cpu meter so I can easily keep an eye. My version is very old but still running just fine on latest build !
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7.    #7

    It is not safe to use them at all frankly - you give authority to a program to download and then do whatever they want.

    That is why MS dropped them - it is an obvious security risk.

    If you trust the author then ok but I would not - there are safer ways to get the same info on your desktop.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 42,128
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #8

    lx07 said: View Post
    It is not safe to use them at all frankly - you give authority to a program to download and then do whatever they want.

    That is why MS dropped them - it is an obvious security risk.

    If you trust the author then ok but I would not - there are safer ways to get the same info on your desktop.
    That is a valid point, but that was a long time ago. For a while, you couldn't get it to even install because there were so many blocks to it. Helmut re-wrote virtually the whole front-end and suspicious, nefarious gadgets were dropped. I've been running it (latest version .26) for a long time on RTM and Insider with no issues at all.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9. Clintlgm's Avatar
    Posts : 960
    Win 10 pro Upgraded from 8.1
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Yes, I use CPU meter and GPU meter but what I really use is clipboarder, a lot of the repetitive reply's I use on this and other forums are right there in clipboard all I have to do is click and paste. Saves a lot of time with repetitive statements or pasting in links
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    #10

    Silverazide also created a Rainmeter clipboard gadget called "Clipboard Meter - Gadgets Patch 4.0.1". I'm not too familiar with the rules here so I won't link to it, but search google for it and it should be in the first few links. I haven't tested it. There's other clipboard managers for RM too. I switched from 8gadgetpack to RM a few months back.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
I have 2 PCs, one an HP laptop, the other an ASUS desktop, that are both pretty well configured almost identically, same programs installed, same settings and tweaks. Iím running the latest version of 8GadgetPack on both and had no problems at...
Hello I have installed 8gadgetpack and I have question... is there any way how can I turn ON/OFF all gadgets on desktop at once with something like pressing one button ? EDIT: ok I found it pretty simple...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08.
Find Us