Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

  1. Joined : Aug 2015
    In a truck.
    Posts : 31
    Windows 10 Pro
       03 Aug 2015 #41

    Found it in a thread somewhere else while trying to troubleshoot this on my own. Can't remember where.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jan 2014
    Walnut Beach, Milford, Ct
    Posts : 7,582
    Win10 Pro / Remix 3.0
       03 Aug 2015 #42

    y0himba said: View Post
    Found it in a thread somewhere else while trying to troubleshoot this on my own. Can't remember where.
    Firstly, can you check and be sure your 10 is activated ?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Aug 2015
    In a truck.
    Posts : 31
    Windows 10 Pro
       03 Aug 2015 #43

    Found a link to it on a forum, can't remember where. You can create one with the media creation tool though. Yes, it is activated.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jan 2014
    Walnut Beach, Milford, Ct
    Posts : 7,582
    Win10 Pro / Remix 3.0
       03 Aug 2015 #44

    You can do another upgrade install and it will be like a repair install.

    It will fix the thing's which are broken are corrupt in your system.

    I will change back all the registry change's you made also.

    You will not lose any program's or setting's.

    You do need to be signed with a MS account to do the upgrade.

    D/L the tool here: Windows 10

    The above is only my suggestion, which I would try myself. You are not obligated to do anything I suggest.

    Your other choice, is like I mentioned above, wait for a fix from MS.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 22
    Windows 10
       03 Aug 2015 #45

    y0himba said: View Post
    Found a link to it on a forum, can't remember where. You can create one with the media creation tool though. Yes, it is activated.
    COMPUTIAC said: View Post
    You can do another upgrade install and it will be like a repair install.

    It will fix the thing's which are broken are corrupt in your system.

    I will change back all the registry change's you made also.

    You will not lose any program's or setting's.

    You do need to be signed with a MS account to do the upgrade.

    D/L the tool here: Windows 10

    The above is only my suggestion, which I would try myself. You are not obligated to do anything I suggest.

    Your other choice, is like I mentioned above, wait for a fix from MS.
    As much as it sucks to do, I would still try a complete reinstall of the system if you cannot wait for a possible patch. This will wipe out all traces of Windows 7 from the pc. The downside to this is you can no longer "roll back" to Windows 7 after you do that, but you could always just reinstall with Windows 7 if it was necessary. Like I said before, this worked for me and although it took me a whole day to reinstall everything, it was worth it for me in the long run. Not only did these problems go away, but my system ran better due to the reinstall. I don't believe you need to create a separate media tool (like a flash drive) to do this, as it appears to be an option in the menu I brought up earlier.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Aug 2015
    In a truck.
    Posts : 31
    Windows 10 Pro
       03 Aug 2015 #46

    I don't want to go back to 7 at all. I am actually enjoying 10. I hated 8/8.1 though, first MS OS I rolled back. I even did okay with Vista.

    I think I am going to try a repair install using the DVD I made. Hopefully that will fix permissions and missing or altered registry key, or repair my profile.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jan 2014
    Walnut Beach, Milford, Ct
    Posts : 7,582
    Win10 Pro / Remix 3.0
       03 Aug 2015 #47

    OK, like I said its your choice as to which way to go.

    Please post back with your result's.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 22
    Windows 10
       03 Aug 2015 #48

    y0himba said: View Post
    I don't want to go back to 7 at all. I am actually enjoying 10. I hated 8/8.1 though, first MS OS I rolled back. I even did okay with Vista.

    I think I am going to try a repair install using the DVD I made. Hopefully that will fix permissions and missing or altered registry key, or repair my profile.
    This is worth a try, let us know what happens.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Aug 2015
    In a truck.
    Posts : 31
    Windows 10 Pro
       03 Aug 2015 #49

    Here is the link to download the ISO file without using the media creation tool:

    (option 1) Windows 10 ISO Download
    Last edited by Brink; 03 Aug 2015 at 21:56. Reason: updated link
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 1
    Windows 10
       03 Aug 2015 #50

    Hi guys, I had the same problem, tried everything I could find and nothing worked, except I was lucky enough to find a workaround myself . So, if you got the grey window popping up for a few seconds and then closing just try this simple workaround:
    1. Disconnect from internet
    2. Click Sign In with a Microsoft Account in the Accounts section of the Settings app
    3. After a few seconds the grey window turns white with a loading animation
    4. Immeadiatelly after the loading animation shows up reconnect to the internet
    5. Just follow the default steps

    Worked here, tell me if it does for you too
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
microsoft edge and store not working in Windows 10
Hello, I have installed windows 10 on my Lenovo laptop which had Windows 7 but after installation of Windows 10 i can not able to open Microsoft edge, Store, setting from starts menu. It always comes with an error message "Element not...
Installation and Setup
Windows 10 Microsoft Store Quitting Issue
I upgraded Windows 8.1 pro to Windows 10, the Microsoft Store only worked for once and then it would never get started, it quits each time I try to run it. I only cancelled a game download from the Store before this happened. ...
Software and Apps
So the Microsoft Windows Store is full of scammers.
"Full of" may be a little strong (maybe not). But you have to be careful where ever you shop. There is a post over at the JRiver Media Center forum about a guy RAMESH NAGALLA who is selling JRiver for $3.99 - and bunch of other programs that he...
Software and Apps
Blurry Fonts in Windows: A Possible Issue Microsoft...
More
Windows 10 News
Microsoft introduces 'One Store'
Read more... 5296
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:54.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums