Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1.    02 Aug 2015 #21
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 22
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Jsc View Post
    What do you mean by resetting? If by going into recovery mode and resetting my PC, then Yea, I did that, a few times at that. It did not change a single thing.
    Yes, I meant recovery mode. You did that and it didn't work? Did you reset by having it remove all of your apps? I did that, and it worked for me afterwards. Maybe you need a complete reinstall then, its annoying to have to backup and replace everything, but it may work.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    02 Aug 2015 #22
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Get Off My Lawn
    Posts : 4,979
    Win10 Pro

    I would wait for a couple of day's or so to see if MS come's out with an update first.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    02 Aug 2015 #23
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 22
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by COMPUTIAC View Post
    I would wait for a couple of day's or so to see if MS come's out with an update first.
    This is probably a better idea than a complete reinstall. I am impatient so I went ahead and did it, but Microsoft might come out with an update in a few days that will solve this problem.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    02 Aug 2015 #24
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Get Off My Lawn
    Posts : 4,979
    Win10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by ZJE123 View Post
    This is probably a better idea than a complete reinstall. I am impatient so I went ahead and did it, but Microsoft might come out with an update in a few days that will solve this problem.
    Did your latest reinstall fix the problem ?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    02 Aug 2015 #25
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 22
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by COMPUTIAC View Post
    Did your latest reinstall fix the problem ?
    It did for me, I didn't even need a complete reinstall, just a reset while keeping personal files. Though this worked for me it appears that it hasn't worked for others.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    02 Aug 2015 #26
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Get Off My Lawn
    Posts : 4,979
    Win10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by ZJE123 View Post
    It did for me, I didn't even need a complete reinstall, just a reset while keeping personal files. Though this worked for me it appears that it hasn't worked for others.
    Thanks for the update.
    Congrat's on a job well done.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    02 Aug 2015 #27
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 22
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by COMPUTIAC View Post
    Thanks for the update.
    Congrat's on a job well done.
    Yes, I am glad it has worked, hopefully there was something in this forum that can help others with this problem. Thank you all for your help!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    02 Aug 2015 #28
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Get Off My Lawn
    Posts : 4,979
    Win10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by ZJE123 View Post
    Yes, I am glad it has worked, hopefully there was something in this forum that can help others with this problem. Thank you all for your help!
    Your welcome.
    Yes, there good info. in this thread and it will be here for others to follow when the need arises.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    03 Aug 2015 #29
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    In a truck.
    Posts : 31
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by ZJE123 View Post
    It did for me, I didn't even need a complete reinstall, just a reset while keeping personal files. Though this worked for me it appears that it hasn't worked for others.
    I am having this issue. A small window pops up and instantly disappears, it tries to load "WWAHost.exe" but just force closes instantly. I am able to create a new profile from the command line, but it loses everything in my local profile, licenses, settings, and more. I have no way to move all my settings and so forth over to the new profile.

    What exactly did this reset do? I am trying to figure out what condition my PC will be in after I reset. Will my Programs (not apps) be there with their settings? I use DisplayFusion for example. will it be there and licensed, settings saved? How about Outlook, will it start with my accounts still there?

    How does one go about doing this reset?

    Thank you so much.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    03 Aug 2015 #30
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 22
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by y0himba View Post
    I am having this issue. A small window pops up and instantly disappears, it tries to load "WWAHost.exe" but just force closes instantly. I am able to create a new profile from the command line, but it loses everything in my local profile, licenses, settings, and more. I have no way to move all my settings and so forth over to the new profile.

    What exactly did this reset do? I am trying to figure out what condition my PC will be in after I reset. Will my Programs (not apps) be there with their settings? I use DisplayFusion for example. will it be there and licensed, settings saved? How about Outlook, will it start with my accounts still there?

    How does one go about doing this reset?

    Thank you so much.
    For me, the reset uninstalled all of my programs, but kept all of my personal files, therefore this is a time-consuming option, but it seemed to work for me. Once your pc reloads from a reset, it is in a state similar to that of completely reinstalling the OS, except your profile and personal files will be kept. Therefore, the apps will loose all of their settings (unless you backup the appropriate files that contain the program's settings, I did this for some). Some programs' settings are all dependent on your "login" if they are internet based applications. It does not look like DisplayFusion is one of these apps therefore your settings will be lost (unless of course you backup the file that contains the settings). I have never used the outlook application (I always use the webpage for my live email) so I cannot say for sure with that one.

    To reset your pc the way I did you do this:
    Click Start>Settings>Update and Security>Recovery>Under "Reset this pc," click Get Started
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
microsoft edge and store not working in Windows 10
Hello, I have installed windows 10 on my Lenovo laptop which had Windows 7 but after installation of Windows 10 i can not able to open Microsoft edge, Store, setting from starts menu. It always comes with an error message "Element not...
Installation and Upgrade
Windows 10 Microsoft Store Quitting Issue
I upgraded Windows 8.1 pro to Windows 10, the Microsoft Store only worked for once and then it would never get started, it quits each time I try to run it. I only cancelled a game download from the Store before this happened. ...
Software and Apps
So the Microsoft Windows Store is full of scammers.
"Full of" may be a little strong (maybe not). But you have to be careful where ever you shop. There is a post over at the JRiver Media Center forum about a guy RAMESH NAGALLA who is selling JRiver for $3.99 - and bunch of other programs that he...
Software and Apps
Blurry Fonts in Windows: A Possible Issue Microsoft...
More
Windows 10 News
Microsoft introduces 'One Store'
Read more... 5296
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:27.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums