Windows 10: HDCleaner - CCleaner alternative

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    23 May 2018 #1

    HDCleaner - CCleaner alternative


    Just tested this (portable version)

    Kurt Zimmermann Software HDCleaner

    If you are using CCEnhancer or added winapp2.ini cleaning plugins file to Ccleaner you can copy the file into HDCleaner folder and save as Unicode and it will import plugins.

    See video.


      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    24 May 2018 #2

    I use Wise Disk Cleaner and Patch Cleaner - but use them with care. CCleaner is useful for deleting uneeded restore points.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    24 May 2018 #3

    @Callender

    What app do you use to get tabs on your Windows Explorer? That's a feature I use daily on macOS that I wish was on Windows...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tabs Explorer.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	190031
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    24 May 2018 #4

    KabyBlue said: View Post
    @Callender

    What app do you use to get tabs on your Windows Explorer? That's a feature I use daily on macOS that I wish was on Windows...
    I use Clover but I reckon on the latest windows build you can use sets. RE: Clover. Consider portable version for test purposes before installing.


    Enable or Disable Sets in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

    Add or Remove Apps to Not be Included in Sets of Tabs in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    24 May 2018 #5

    Callender said: View Post
    I use Clover but I reckon on the latest windows build you can use sets. RE: Clover. Consider portable version for test purposes before installing.


    Enable or Disable Sets in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

    Add or Remove Apps to Not be Included in Sets of Tabs in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials
    Sets seems to be more of a chore than it's worth. But the Clover app might be just what I have been looking for to take my productivity on Windows up a notch.

    Much appreciated!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    25 May 2018 #6

    Very crashy program (HDCleaner)! I tried the portable version as well, and had it crash three times while just going through the options to check it out. I forgot exactly what I was doing, but just standard stuff. One was under options > Cookies to keep. There were two google cookies listed on the right side, I right clicked and removed one of them and that crashed the program every time.

    That was enough for me to not trust it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    25 May 2018 #7

    I think I'd rather use Wise Disc Cleaner.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    25 May 2018 #8

    Quexos said: View Post
    Very crashy program (HDCleaner)! I tried the portable version as well, and had it crash three times while just going through the options to check it out. I forgot exactly what I was doing, but just standard stuff. One was under options > Cookies to keep. There were two google cookies listed on the right side, I right clicked and removed one of them and that crashed the program every time.
    That was enough for me to not trust it.
    Just to make it clear for anyone else reading this thread. The program needs to be installed with admin rights (run installer as admin) and then launched with admin rights or from an elevated shortcut. I can't comment on problems with Chrome because I won't use Chrome - I only use Chrome variants.

    Personally I never tested a default installation. I used a trimmed imported winapp2.ini file from Ccleaner created with CCEnhancer and did not select any volatile entries to be cleaned.

    See:
    Latest CCleaner Version Released - Page 84 - Windows 7 Help Forums
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    26 May 2018 #9

    @Callender

    I installed Clover and it caused my Explorer to freeze one to many times (never had this issue prior). And I don't believe it's a hardware limitation as my PC is no slouch spec. wise --> i5 8th Gen CPU + 16GB RAM + PCIe NVMe SSD...

    It usually froze when I attempted big file transfers or would have a high latency before starting the process. Either way it was clear it had to go.

    I also tried Explorer++ and results where similar. Guess I have to wait until the Tab feature of Explorer is a native addition in Windows...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    28 May 2018 #10

    KabyBlue said: View Post
    @Callender

    I installed Clover and it caused my Explorer to freeze one to many times (never had this issue prior). And I don't believe it's a hardware limitation as my PC is no slouch spec. wise --> i5 8th Gen CPU + 16GB RAM + PCIe NVMe SSD...

    It usually froze when I attempted big file transfers or would have a high latency before starting the process. Either way it was clear it had to go.

    I also tried Explorer++ and results where similar. Guess I have to wait until the Tab feature of Explorer is a native addition in Windows...
    Both Clover and Explorer++ have always worked faultlessly for me. I reckon issues could be down to other installed third party software or explorer shell extensions. Anyway you might try testing this:

    Clover File Manager Alternative - Page 3 - Windows 10 Forums

    A few user here seem to like QTTabBar. I've never used it myself.

    Windows 10 Help Forums - Search Results
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Ccleaner or ? in Performance & Maintenance
Is Ccleaner the only tool you can clean your Windows 10 with(not registry)safely? I have Bitdefender Total Security 2018, can I use the optimizer build in that product? I am not a techie so what software out there can I...
Solved CCleaner in Software and Apps
What do you guys think about this program? I have been using it for many years, and it used to be my go to cleaning program, but lately i feel like it only makes a small difference on my computer, and its barely worth it. Solved, i went with...
Solved CCleaner in Software and Apps
Hey, I'm thinking to buy the Proffesional version of CCleaner, does someone got any good reasons to buy it?
Kaspersky Cleaner For Windows, Freeware CCleaner Alternative From Kaspersky Lab 65881 Read more: https://www.mytechguide.org/163561/kaspersky-cleaner-for-windows-free-ccleaner-alternative/ Homepage:...
Solved Ccleaner in Software and Apps
Each time I log into my user profile, Ccleaner asks for permissions to run. How can I stop this? Note: I could probably go to Google and research this problem, but I always like to hear something from this forum as I trust you guys and your...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:38.
Find Us