Windows 10: Microsoft Store is not starting any downloads. Solved

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 849
    Windows 10 64 bit, 1709
       1 Week Ago #11

    vitriol said: View Post
    What do you mean with "create a new local account"?
    Control panel/User accounts/Manage another account/add a user account.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 5
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       1 Week Ago #12

    Okay, sorry about the delay everyone.
    So far, I've covered all the bases everyone has suggested so far, and I'm coming up empty.
    Since the store worked prior to the latest update, and I don't imagine I will desperately need it for a couple of weeks, I am hoping that the next update will release a fix (and probably break something else in the process, but such is life).

    I'll keep checking this thread, just in case something very clever happens (I have faith in you lot ), and I will see where it goes in the meantime.
    Thank you so much for all your help so far! I hope to make sure it isn't wasted.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    6 Days Ago #13

    Gothmann said: View Post
    Okay, sorry about the delay everyone.
    So far, I've covered all the bases everyone has suggested so far, and I'm coming up empty.
    Since the store worked prior to the latest update, and I don't imagine I will desperately need it for a couple of weeks, I am hoping that the next update will release a fix (and probably break something else in the process, but such is life).

    I'll keep checking this thread, just in case something very clever happens (I have faith in you lot ), and I will see where it goes in the meantime.
    Thank you so much for all your help so far! I hope to make sure it isn't wasted.
    I've tried everything suggested here with the exception of the Power Shell. I've run a wsreset. I've downloaded and run the repair. I've logged out and back in. Everything was working fine till the Spring Update. I spent about 15 minutes trying to get my Microphone to work. I guess like you we'll have to wait for the bug fixes.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    4 Days Ago #14

    I was just about to post that I was experiencing this today too. It's happening on my Desktop as well as my Dad's laptop. So I'm glad I'am not alone. I did troubleshoot and do a WSReset too and everything came back fine. Strangely though I can download some apps off the store just fine. It seems to be very picky on which ones though. I was able to download Facebook and some browser extensions fine. Games will download too though it varies as well. Guess we can chalk this up to Microsoft screwing up the app again.

    Microsoft Forums too.

    Cant get apps from Microsoft store. - Microsoft Community

    Microsoft Store Issues - Microsoft Community


    Microsoft Store refuses to install apps - Microsoft Community

    Netflix app does not install via MS Store - Microsoft Community


    And some say it was fixed though varies I say

    FIXED YOU CAN NOW DOWNLOAD STORE APPS AFTER APRIL - Microsoft Community
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    4 Days Ago #15

    After doing a system clean and logging back into the store it appears to be working, for now.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    4 Days Ago #16

    Its about the same for me, I was able to download some apps but others give me issues still.

    Edit: Every time you wanna download something new and you close the store you will have to sign in and out again, other wise you will get the issue again. If you download something you already previously installed then usually you don't have to do the fix.
    Last edited by Redbatman; 4 Days Ago at 20:22.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    4 Days Ago #17

    Redbatman said: View Post
    Its about the same for me, I was able to download some apps but others give me issues still.

    Edit: Every time you wanna download something new and you close the store you will have to sign in and out again, other wise you will get the issue again. If you download something you already previously installed then usually you don't have to do the fix.
    Same here. For exsample: I can Download Netflix, but i can't download Spotify. Logging out helps but problem comes back if i reboot my computer.for example
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 849
    Windows 10 64 bit, 1709
       4 Days Ago #18

    This logging in and out is getting tiresome, I hope there's a fix soon.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    4 Days Ago #19

    Kol12 said: View Post
    This logging in and out is getting tiresome, I hope there's a fix soon.
    I get an update of MS Store this morning, but the issue is *not* resolved for me. Ms doesn't want we download apps from his store...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    3 Days Ago #20

    vitriol said: View Post
    I get an update of MS Store this morning, but the issue is *not* resolved for me. Ms doesn't want we download apps from his store...
    Then again is it really that surprising that the Microsoft Store is having issues again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

    Related Threads
    Read more: It Looks Like Microsoft Will Rename Windows Store to Microsoft Store - Thurrott.com
    How to See your Recent Activity of Downloads and Updates in Store app in Windows 10 The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse through, purchase, or get for free to...
    I've installed Win 10 on our two desktop PCs and one laptop. Clean installs, not upgrades. Previously they were all running Win 7 Pro/Ultimate. We had network sharing running without issues. After installing Win 10 I noticed all network profiles...
    Hello -- I've Windows 10 Pro x64, and I did a clean install a few days ago because of a similar issue. Now, Windows Store does open up and installed apps run just fine; however, I'm not able to download new apps or update existing ones....
    Browsers & Email View Microsoft Edge Downloads in Windows 10 in Tutorials
    How to View Downloads in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web. This...

    Tags for this Thread

    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18.
    Find Us