Icons Disapperaing from Executable Files

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #11

    Lagnaetti said: View Post
    No, only some of them.
    Same here and that was happening loooong time, even on W7.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    #12

    CountMike said: View Post
    Same here and that was happening loooong time, even on W7.
    I never had this issue until I started using Win10. The problem came back even after a clean reinstallation. Everything is fine for a while, but after a few days it starts creeping up.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    #13

    Lagnaetti said: View Post
    I never had this issue until I started using Win10. The problem came back even after a clean reinstallation. Everything is fine for a while, but after a few days it starts creeping up.
    I think that's up to programs if and which icon to display as windows doesn't apply or change program icons, they are either in program's .exe or .dll. but you can change it in windows.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    #14

    CountMike said: View Post
    I think that's up to programs if and which icon to display as windows doesn't apply or change program icons, they are either in program's .exe or .dll. but you can change it in windows.
    I already tried that, but the icons are correctly displayed in the properties of the program. The problem is only with windows explorer. Even in the start menu it's displayed correctly.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    #15

    Lagnaetti said: View Post
    I already tried that, but the icons are correctly displayed in the properties of the program. The problem is only with windows explorer. Even in the start menu it's displayed correctly.
    Like that you only change shortcut icon, not program's own.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    #16

    Hey Lagnaetti,
    Probably a long shot ... It might be that there is a desktop.ini in the folder where the shortcuts are that is causing the issue.

    Note: The desktop.ini is a hidden system file, so you'll have to show protected system files to see it. See step 5 in this tutorial - Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    #17

    CountMike said: View Post
    Like that you only change shortcut icon, not program's own.
    I know. How is it possible to change the icon of the executable?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    #18

    Eagle51 said: View Post
    Hey Lagnaetti,
    Probably a long shot ... It might be that there is a desktop.ini in the folder where the shortcuts are that is causing the issue.

    Note: The desktop.ini is a hidden system file, so you'll have to show protected system files to see it. See step 5 in this tutorial - Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
    It's there in the folder where shortucts are located. What am I supposed to do with it?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    #19

    It's there in the folder where shortucts are located. What am I supposed to do with it?
    1. You can open it with NotePad to see if it has entries for the shortcuts with missing icons. If it does you can try commenting those lines out by putting a ; (semi-colon) at the begining of the line.
    2. Rename it desktop.ini.bak and see if the missing icons re-appear.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    #20

    Eagle51 said: View Post
    1. You can open it with NotePad to see if it has entries for the shortcuts with missing icons. If it does you can try commenting those lines out by putting a ; (semi-colon) at the begining of the line.
    2. Rename it desktop.ini.bak and see if the missing icons re-appear.
    It doesn't.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Related Threads
Solved Win 10 Mail Executable? in Browsers and Email
I can open Windows Mail with Start > type in Mail > Enter, but in the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Mail there is no .exe to run it. (wab.exe and wabmig.exe don't run Mail). I want to make a keyboard macro, with either WinHotKay or...
I try to launch an executable (MalwareByte program) but getting interrupted with : 170071 How to solve this ? sincere help is appreciated..
Hi everyone, I am having an issue. It is nothing really more of an annoyance. After recent Anniversary Update for windows 10. I could not run any executables files straight from any external devices. However, I could view, delete, copy, cut those...
I have Raspberry PI3 with Windows 10 IoT installed and I wan't to control leds that are connected to Raspberry PI3 from another Windows tablet or computer with done with Visual Studio. That much I know it is possible with Universal App. But is...
How can I change the icon for an individual file? For example, I have a phonelist.docx Word file on my desktop and would like to change the icon from the default Word icon to a telephone icon. How can that be done?
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:16.
Find Us