Windows 10: Samsung Magician

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1.    1 Week Ago #41

    Hi,

    Both of my Drives are SATA II and there is nothing wrong with either of them.
    If these are the drives mentioned in the system specs then they're Sata III not II.

    It has no need for rapid mode.
    NVMe is not even supported by SM.


    Cheers,
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    1 Week Ago #42

    fdegrove said: View Post
    Hi,



    If these are the drives mentioned in the system specs then they're Sata III not II.



    NVMe is not even supported by SM.


    Cheers,
    Maybe they are but My MOBO does not support SATA III
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    1 Week Ago #43

    Hi,

    Maybe they are but My MOBO does not support SATA III
    Oops......

      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    1 Week Ago #44

    I use Magician with rapid mode on my 2nd SSD, and with rapid mode on, it makes that 2nd SSD VERY Fast. 1st drive is my M.2 drive, with Windows OS on it, 2nd drive I use for storage. (Rapid mode on)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-04-09_14h53_25.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	184054
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    1 Week Ago #45

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    I use Magician with rapid mode on my 2nd SSD, and with rapid mode on, it makes that 2nd SSD VERY Fast. 1st drive is my M.2 drive, with Windows OS on it, 2nd drive I use for storage. (Rapid mode on)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-04-09_14h53_25.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	184054
    Yes Mike it will work with M-2 Drives. I do not have one.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    1 Week Ago #46

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    Yes Mike it will work with M-2 Drives. I do not have one.
    No you can't run rapid mode on ANY M.2 drive. The 2nd drive is NOT a M.2 drive.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    1 Week Ago #47

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    No you can't run rapid mode on ANY M.2 drive. The 2nd drive is NOT a M.2 drive.
    It will permit the running of Rapid Mode on a Second SSD if The first is a M.2 Drive. This has been discussed already.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    1 Week Ago #48

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    It will permit the running of Rapid Mode on a Second SSD if The first is a M.2 Drive. This has been discussed already.
    Yes I been reading the posts, what I was trying to explain is why I use rapid mode, and I would not remove my SM because of the use of rapid mode. I have SM installed on both machines. That's all I was showing....
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  • Posts : 10,510
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider
       1 Week Ago #49

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    No you can't run rapid mode on ANY M.2 drive. The 2nd drive is NOT a M.2 drive.
    Josey Wales said: View Post
    It will permit the running of Rapid Mode on a Second SSD if The first is a M.2 Drive. This has been discussed already.
    Is it possible that both of you are saying the same thing? Magician will not support Rapid mode on an M.2 drive. If you have an M.2 and a regular Sata SSD, it will allow Rapid on the Sata SSD. If you have 2 M.2 drives, it will not allow Rapid mode on either M.2 drive.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  •    1 Week Ago #50

    essenbe said: View Post
    Is it possible that both of you are saying the same thing? Magician will not support Rapid mode on an M.2 drive. If you have an M.2 and a regular Sata SSD, it will allow Rapid on the Sata SSD. If you have 2 M.2 drives, it will not allow Rapid mode on either M.2 drive.
    Yes that is correct Steve, I was just trying to explain WHY I use Samsung Magician.....nothing more than that.
    Rapid mode DOES speed up non M.2 drives quite a bit.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

    Related Threads
    Solved Samsung Magician in Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung Magician Version 5.2 80074 http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/SW/201707/20170726234338606/Samsung_New_Magician_Installation_guide.pdf ***Important information, please read the pdf*** New Samsung Magician features a number of...
    94761 I get above error; I've updated the intel rapid storage driver and asmedia sata controller driver. My motherboard is an asus z97 deluxe. Help is appreciated; thx !
    Samsung Magician 4.95 in Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung has released a new version of Magician. All features work in Windows 10. TRIM is turned off so that Windows can perform that task.
    Samsung Magician 4.8 in Software and Apps
    Now that Samsung's Magician software is finally available for Windows 10, I have my SSD running with Rapid Mode again. I notice that the application has created a start up entry "Samsung Rapid Mode Notification Utility". This places an icon in...
    Hi guys, i'm using win 10 pro x64 on a samsung evo 850 120gb ssd. My samsung magician just can't recognize the OS, anyone knows how to fix? Thank you and sorry for my bad grammar! :p 39391
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00.
    Find Us