Windows 10: Photo Viewer Solved

  1.    01 Mar 2018 #1

    Photo Viewer


    One thing I really miss from Win 7 is the photo viewer. When I first used Win 10 it was an upgraded machine, so it was still there. Can you tell me, is it still included in the installation software? I would like to find out how to enable it, if it is.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.   My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    01 Mar 2018 #3

    Thats a no then.Is there a subtitute? I don't want to use Photo. I literally can't stand Microsoft applications these days.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. Barman58's Avatar
    Posts : 2,786
    Windows 10 Pro x64 1803 - 17134.5 XP/Vista/Win7/Win8.1 in VM for testing
       01 Mar 2018 #4

    This may make it possible ...

    [See Below]

    If not then I would recommend Irfanview which will open most if not all types of Image - Always use the advanced install to see what is actually happening
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 33,086
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 18262
       01 Mar 2018 #5

    Hello Dave, :)

    The tutorial below can help show you how to restore "Windows Photo Viewer" in Windows 10.

    Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    01 Mar 2018 #6

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello Dave, :)

    The tutorial below can help show you how to restore "Windows Photo Viewer" in Windows 10.

    Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
    Yay. Thank you for that, it still works.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 33,086
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 18262
       01 Mar 2018 #7

    Glad we could help.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    02 Mar 2018 #8

    davefaz said: View Post
    One thing I really miss from Win 7 is the photo viewer. When I first used Win 10 it was an upgraded machine, so it was still there. Can you tell me, is it still included in the installation software? I would like to find out how to enable it, if it is.
    I actually find Photo Viewer quite useful for quickly viewing photo files despite having Adobe photo editing software (Lightroom & Photoshop). I have Photo Viewer set as the default to open .jpg files. Why don't you like it?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9. Sawuwaya's Avatar
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10 Pro (10.0.10240)
       03 Mar 2018 #9

    davefaz said: View Post
    One thing I really miss from Win 7 is the photo viewer. When I first used Win 10 it was an upgraded machine, so it was still there. Can you tell me, is it still included in the installation software? I would like to find out how to enable it, if it is.
    I know Google discontinued support and updates for this little gem I still use all the time. It is Picasa 3.x. This program I have been using since Windows before Windows XP (I think) [emoji848]. But the Picasa photoviewer I have liked over Micro$oft's any day of the week. If you search Google for it you can still get an off-line installer for it. Also, I still like the way Picasa finds and sorts all of my photo's on my drives. I think it still can be linked to your G-Mail account. But I do not use it that way... I use Photos.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Solved Is Windows Photo Viewer gone? in Software and Apps
I noticed a few builds ago (maybe 10162) that you could no longer set Windows Photo Viewer as the default picture opener. Now, it seems that MS is forcing you to use the Photos "app" instead. Is anyone else getting this issue?
How do I get the previous Photo Viewer back? The version (yesterday) where I can move to next photo with mouse scroll? Now suddenly (today) without me doing any changes in the app the scroll is zooming the photos. Also the appearance of the app is...
I recently purchased a new laptop (Dell Inspirion 17 5000 series) and I am so upset to see that Windows 10 does not have the Windows Photo Viewer or the Windows Live Photo Gallery- these two programs offer ways of printing photos (such as printing 2...
Photo Viewer in Software and Apps
After a recent update I can no longer use the photo viewer, the tile does not respond and nothing happens when I pop my SD card in. I used it with no problems on windows 8.1. I have tried various settings using auto play to no avail.
Hai, Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer. i reset default apps. i choose default apps by file type. 28169281702817128172 Regards. bala.
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14.
Find Us