lost sticky notes with Fall Creator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 224
    windows 10
       #1

    lost sticky notes with Fall Creator


    Although my Windows 10 Fall Creator update went well, it lost my existing Sticky Notes.
    How can I get back my Sticky Notes prior to the update?

    Thanks in advance to all who reply.
    Dan
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 8,756
    Mac OS Catalina
       #2

    That is because Sticky Notes are a legacy software and they were noted by Microsoft when they put the information out about Anniversary Edition and replaced them with the App version. See http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/ge...0-anniversary/ for getting the legacy version back.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 62,306
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #3

    Hello Dan, :)

    If you like, you could use Option Four in the tutorial below to restore your old Sticky Notes to the new one.

    Backup and Restore Sticky Notes in Windows 10 Backup Restore Tutorials
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 224
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #4

    bro67 said:
    That is because Sticky Notes are a legacy software and they were noted by Microsoft when they put the information out about Anniversary Edition and replaced them with the App version. See http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/ge...0-anniversary/ for getting the legacy version back.
    Bro67:
    Thanks, but I was never able to get v1703 to work (MS support said I had some sort of driver issue(?) which caused the update to fail) but surprisingly v1709 worked with no problems (except for this Sticky Notes issue).
    So I don't believe your article applies to me since I never had Redstone on my system.
    Thanks anyhow,
    Dan
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 224
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Brink said:
    Hello Dan, :)

    If you like, you could use Option Four in the tutorial below to restore your old Sticky Notes to the new one.

    Backup and Restore Sticky Notes in Windows 10 Backup Restore Tutorials
    Hi Brink,
    I searched my PC and have no "snt" file to rename, as described in Step 6 of Option 4.
    Other than that, the article looked promising.
    Dan
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 62,306
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #6

    Dan,

    If you haven't already, check to see if you may have a "C:Windows.old" folder that your .snt files may be at instead.
      My Computers



  7. Posts : 224
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Brink said:
    Dan,

    If you haven't already, check to see if you may have a "C:Windows.old" folder that your .snt files may be at instead.
    Brink:
    I use the "EVERYTHING" search utility which is very thorough and no WINDOWS.OLD folder exists nor *.snt files.
    I guess without the '*.snt' file I'm out of luck.
    Dan
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 62,306
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #8

    The .snt file would be for your old Sticky Notes. Without it, you don't have them anymore.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 8,756
    Mac OS Catalina
       #9

    bromberg said:
    Brink:
    I use the "EVERYTHING" search utility which is very thorough and no WINDOWS.OLD folder exists nor *.snt files.
    I guess without the '*.snt' file I'm out of luck.
    Dan
    If you had read the info in the Link I posted, you can pull it from the previous ISO.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 19,259
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #10

    My substitute for sticky notes. I made an empty .txt file using Notepad on the desktop and also on taskbar.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums