Windows 10: sfc /scannow error after 1709 update Solved

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    20 Nov 2017 #11

    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums
    Post #3 see Techbench

    or
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 Download Windows ISO


    - choose carefully.

    Or you could use the Media Creation Tool on another PC with the same 'bitness' and build/base language/ installed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    20 Nov 2017 #12

    lvgandhi said: View Post
    This needs an ISO which is impossible to make. I tried MCT which results in an error. I have already posted this in this forum. Further I tried other solution of making edge duplicate as safari. That also failed.
    You can get an ISO file from here if the MCT fails https://heidoc.net/joomla/technology...-download-tool

    Ensure you select the version of Windows which matches the one you have installed. I've used this site quite a few times with no problems,
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 319
    windows 10 (x64) Home 1803
    Thread Starter
       20 Nov 2017 #13

    dalchina said: View Post
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums
    Post #3 see Techbench

    or
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 Download Windows ISO


    - choose carefully.

    Or you could use the Media Creation Tool on another PC with the same 'bitness' and build/base language/ installed.
    Thanks for the response.
    How to solve the sfc problem with rescue disk? I have rescue usb stick.
    I have limited wifi download option. Hence I do not want to use non microsoft sites and try.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 319
    windows 10 (x64) Home 1803
    Thread Starter
       20 Nov 2017 #14

    Steve C said: View Post
    You can get an ISO file from here if the MCT fails https://heidoc.net/joomla/technology...-download-tool

    Ensure you select the version of Windows which matches the one you have installed. I've used this site quite a few times with no problems,
    Thanks for the response.
    I have limited wifi download option. Hence I do not want to use non microsoft sites and try.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    20 Nov 2017 #15

    Hi,

    The tool from Heidoc.net pulls the ISO's off official MS servers so it's absolutely safe to use. Can you use someone else's bandwith to download it ?

    Cheers,
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    20 Nov 2017 #16

    lvgandhi said: View Post
    Thanks for the response.
    How to solve the sfc problem with rescue disk? I have rescue usb stick.
    I have limited wifi download option. Hence I do not want to use non microsoft sites and try.
    Did you actually look at the 1st option?
    Download Official MS Windows & MS Office ISO's From TechBench
    TECHBENCH ISO DOWNLOADER



    How do you resolve the SFC problem? Probably you don't.
    Why? Documented on this forum is a discrepancy between DISM and SFC results, until a further update is applied.

      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 2,004
    Windows 3.1 to Windows 10
       20 Nov 2017 #17

    If you use Image-health and select option 2 > restorehealth
    you will get a detailed log file copied onto your desktop....

    thus you (WE) can see what is wrong...

    SFC > option 7 > will also create a details log onto your desktop
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 319
    windows 10 (x64) Home 1803
    Thread Starter
       20 Nov 2017 #18

    fdegrove said: View Post
    Hi,

    The tool from Heidoc.net pulls the ISO's off official MS servers so it's absolutely safe to use. Can you use someone else's bandwith to download it ?

    Cheers,
    Thanks. I will try at a later time. Now not possible.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 319
    windows 10 (x64) Home 1803
    Thread Starter
       20 Nov 2017 #19

    Kyhi said: View Post
    If you use Image-health and select option 2 > restorehealth
    you will get a detailed log file copied onto your desktop....

    thus you (WE) can see what is wrong...

    SFC > option 7 > will also create a details log onto your desktop
    Sorry. I could not understand your guidance. Can you please put what command I should use to get the results?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    20 Nov 2017 #20

    lvgandhi said: View Post
    Sorry. I could not understand your guidance. Can you please put what command I should use to get the results?
    Hi, Kyhi's referring to the useful tool in post#2 here:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

    Related Threads
    Solved Windows 10 update 1709 error when waking from sleep in Windows Updates and Activation
    Hi guys, since updating to Windows 10 1709 I get a weird video issue - vertical dotted lines, the mouse is still visible as vertical stripes, when waking from sleep mode. It is a desktop machine, I am using an Intel HD graphics 530 and have...
    Error in log after sfc /scannow in Performance & Maintenance
    Maybe this is the cause of my dde server errors. I don't know how to try and fix. CSI 0000065c Error - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory \?? I have a few for different folders. Can some one point me in the correct direction ?
    Win 10 Pro (64 bit) on Intel DP-43TF motherboard on an Q9650 core2 quad at 3GHz with 8GB memory. sfc /scannow fails at 66% completion with multiple "Error - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory" errors with different directories being listed....
    Solved SFC /SCANNOW Error in Performance & Maintenance
    When trying to run SFC /SCANNOW the following error is generated: C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service. Is this a knpown problem with solution?
    Hi friends, By the way after the recent update, I am having issues with Network Properties, and I see the reason mentioned here, but for your kind attention my sfc /scannow results found corrupted files that cant be fixed. How to fix that. Any help...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:51.
    Find Us