Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
  1.    25 Sep 2017 #71
    Join Date : Sep 2017
    Posts : 104
    w10
    Thread Starter

    ok so why do i get really bad performance in forza horizon 3 conpaired to this guy
    Ryzen 3 1200 OC 3.9GHz paired with a GTX 1060 - Enough for 60 FPS at 1080p? - 14 Games Tested - YouTube
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    25 Sep 2017 #72
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,447
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint

    What frequency is your card running?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    25 Sep 2017 #73
    Join Date : Sep 2017
    Posts : 104
    w10
    Thread Starter

    It's a zotac1060 3gb mini running a t stock I'm not on pc atm btw
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    25 Sep 2017 #74
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,447
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint

    I really can't answer your question. It could be the game settings, the game itself, he could have had his card overclocked or other things. It could also be your card having problems.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    25 Sep 2017 #75
    Join Date : Sep 2017
    Posts : 104
    w10
    Thread Starter

    It could be my cpu as the game performed the same low as it did ultra
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    26 Sep 2017 #76
    Join Date : Sep 2017
    Posts : 1
    W10 Pro

    Hey guys. I think the main problem is amount of RAM here. As we can see from almost every task manager picture, when you are playing games, you have at least 7GB+ of RAM taken. I think the RAM simply fills completely and then it takes a while to flush it (= to empty it a little), which causes the in-game lag. I would not try to overclock PC, this can only lead to more instability if you have never done it.

    Keep your CPU on default, but try to add another stick of RAM. I think 8 GB is low nowadays. And according to your posts, you clearly have problems with memory.

    PS. Your RAM also run on 2133 MHz, it would be better if you could get at least 2600 MHz, Ryzens scale really well with RAM speed. More RAM SPEED = more power.

    BTW. which memory module do you exactly have? (Kingston, Crucial, G-Skill, etc...)
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    26 Sep 2017 #77

    Quote Originally Posted by ablao View Post
    ok so why do i get really bad performance in forza horizon 3 conpaired to this guy
    Ryzen 3 1200 OC 3.9GHz paired with a GTX 1060 - Enough for 60 FPS at 1080p? - 14 Games Tested - YouTube
    Clearly you don't hear this guy mentioning stuttering and frame dropping and the Ryzen chip is showing very high usage

    That in a nutshell will make a bad experience and bring you here for advice lol

    Budget builds are nice but when you need power for certain games it will cripple your hardware the most affordable Hardware isn't always the best option your current setup should be fine but yeah you need at least 16GB of ram to help out the GPU that only has 3GB it will help the CPU buffer out better vs 8GB

    As you can see in the clip the Bottle neck is huge even with lower end Graphics lol the lower AMD chips aren't that great anything below 1500x might just be a waste IMHO to me that is the sweet spot for gamer's the other chips might let you game but see most of these videos it's a terrible experience and you'll be beating your head in over it

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bottle.PNG 
Views:	4 
Size:	680.9 KB 
ID:	155099
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    26 Sep 2017 #78
    Join Date : Sep 2017
    Posts : 104
    w10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by pancake View Post
    Hey guys. I think the main problem is amount of RAM here. As we can see from almost every task manager picture, when you are playing games, you have at least 7GB+ of RAM taken. I think the RAM simply fills completely and then it takes a while to flush it (= to empty it a little), which causes the in-game lag. I would not try to overclock PC, this can only lead to more instability if you have never done it.

    Keep your CPU on default, but try to add another stick of RAM. I think 8 GB is low nowadays. And according to your posts, you clearly have problems with memory.

    PS. Your RAM also run on 2133 MHz, it would be better if you could get at least 2600 MHz, Ryzens scale really well with RAM speed. More RAM SPEED = more power.

    BTW. which memory module do you exactly have? (Kingston, Crucial, G-Skill, etc...)
    Hi I have corsair vengeance lpx yes I am thinking about getting a extra 8gb soon but I have just bought the ryzen 5 1600
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    26 Sep 2017 #79
    Join Date : Sep 2017
    Posts : 104
    w10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by solarstarshines View Post
    Clearly you don't hear this guy mentioning stuttering and frame dropping and the Ryzen chip is showing very high usage

    That in a nutshell will make a bad experience and bring you here for advice lol

    Budget builds are nice but when you need power for certain games it will cripple your hardware the most affordable Hardware isn't always the best option your current setup should be fine but yeah you need at least 16GB of ram to help out the GPU that only has 3GB it will help the CPU buffer out better vs 8GB

    As you can see in the clip the Bottle neck is huge even with lower end Graphics lol the lower AMD chips aren't that great anything below 1500x might just be a waste IMHO to me that is the sweet spot for gamer's the other chips might let you game but see most of these videos it's a terrible experience and you'll be beating your head in over it

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bottle.PNG 
Views:	4 
Size:	680.9 KB 
ID:	155099
    I'm talking about forza horizon 3 and how mine won't even keep 30fps on lowest settings
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    26 Sep 2017 #80
    Join Date : Sep 2017
    Posts : 104
    w10
    Thread Starter

    btw i havnt got the 1600 yet
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved How do I completely reset newly purchased custom built PC?
I purchased a new custom built pc and they have already installed a version of windows 10 which I don't intend to use in any cost. I know that there is an option to reset this pc in windows but it will only reinstall the same windows again, how do i...
General Support
Solved Occasional micro-stuttering / lag-spikes
Good day, I have recently discovered that my laptop (running Windows 10 now) is suffering from a form of millisecond-stuttering or lag spikes (whatever floats your boat to call it) I have done quite some research on it already, so you don't have...
Performance & Maintenance
Newly DIY Built PC with BSOD Issues
My PC was only built about a week ago, and has many different BSODs throughout the week. I have managed to solve quite a few of them, and currently these are the ones that are still bugging me, mainly ntoskrnl.exe I have tried memtest and...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Micro-Stuttering After Days of Power-On Time
For the most part, I finally got Windows 10 to work, except I have a micro-stuttering problem after just a few days of power-on time. I also have a WD My Cloud on my home network, so I'm wondering, does backing up to cloud storage have a negative...
Performance & Maintenance
Fairly random BSOD, event 41, kernel-power (newly built PC)
So I've just built a PC and within a day it has had BSOD a couple of times. The event viewer says event 41, kernel-power, category 63 When I did build my computer the RAM was an issue, and was fixed after moving it to a different slot. It's DDR4...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums