Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  1. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10 Pro
       29 Jul 2015 #11

    vampire613 said: View Post
    What a terrible mess of a release this is. I've updated to driver 353.62 after no less than 7 attempts . It's only improved things marginally and I'm still left with a buggy laggy mess.

    I'm kicking myself I did a fresh install . I stupidly thought Microsoft would release a working functional build.
    Your PC is a pretty common configuration that many people have with the exception that you SLI. I wonder if other people that SLI are also having challenges.

    Could you try disabling SLI to see if stability improves?

    If this works, then Nvidia has some driver fixing to do.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 7
    10
       29 Jul 2015 #12

    Still waiting for the control panel to open . Clicked it 30 times and nothing. I'm sure it will show up in about 10 mins.

    I don't think I have sli enabled anyway
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,534
    OS X, Win 10
       29 Jul 2015 #13

    . . .really. . .it truly must be Microsoft's fault. . .I mean it just has to be. . .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Dec 2013
    Portsmouth Hampshire
    Posts : 1,197
    Windows 10 x86 14383 Insider Pro and Core 10240
       29 Jul 2015 #14

    User Incompatibility. Often results in User Instability. Will be fixed with a series of updates in due course.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Mar 2015
    Posts : 616
    Windows 10
       29 Jul 2015 #15

    You might try uninstalling the Nvidia drivers with DDU (page is currently down, might try another source) and reinstalling hotfix 353.62. I had issues in the preview with the Nvidia drivers not completely uninstalling causing conflict. Also had an issue with both the preview and this release build installing the drivers without Nvidia Control Panel. If that doesn't help you might try Win 8.1 driver 344.75, according to the Nvidia forums it's much more stable than anything after even on Win 10.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 20
    Windows 10
       30 Jul 2015 #16

    Initially had the same problems - including a couple of BSOD events. Once I properly updated the nvidia drvers its been running fine (and fast). I also have an SLi set up.
    Note that the initial method just downloading latest nvidia drivers from their site and trying to install failed several times. I ended up having to download an earlier driver first and then upgrade through GEFORCE Experience.
    The number of issues I have had to clean up though is really quite staggering. Spent pretty much all day in the guts of the operating system files making changes and now have a (more or less) stable system.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 2,923
    Windows 10 Pro
       30 Jul 2015 #17

    vampire613 said: View Post
    What a terrible mess of a release this is. I've updated to driver 353.62 after no less than 7 attempts . It's only improved things marginally and I'm still left with a buggy laggy mess.

    I'm kicking myself I did a fresh install . I stupidly thought Microsoft would release a working functional build.
    It's funny, but it seems to me the majority of people who have any real issues with this update are the micro-managing control freaks (I don't mean this negatively, honest...) who feel the need to control every tiny detail of their system. Those are the people who have to have things a certain way, whether Microsoft supports it or not, then when they upgrade they have tons of problems and then it's MS's fault because they couldn't deal with the strange configurations you created.

    There's nothing wrong with being a micro-managing control freak, but if you do you have to expect to have problems down the line when OS updates occur. Just start over, it's more fun that way anyways.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Mar 2015
    Posts : 616
    Windows 10
       30 Jul 2015 #18

    vampire613 said: View Post
    After upgrading and then doing a fresh install windows 10 has make my computer widely unstable.

    I can't even open the start menu without having a 3 minute wait.
    Everything is so clunky and unresponsive.
    I can't install any graphic drivers because they always fail.

    Navigating through windows 10 is an absolute nightmare.

    A truly horrible experience. Is anyone else having such a disaster with this OS?

    my specs are:

    i7 4770k @4.4ghz
    16gb 1866mhz
    2x GTX 770 4GB
    1000w PSU
    PG278Q Gsync Monitor
    Have you tried disabling your overclock, maybe it's a system instability issue rather than OS instability.



    Mystere said: View Post
    It's funny, but it seems to me the majority of people who have any real issues with this update are the micro-managing control freaks (I don't mean this negatively, honest...) who feel the need to control every tiny detail of their system. Those are the people who have to have things a certain way, whether Microsoft supports it or not, then when they upgrade they have tons of problems and then it's MS's fault because they couldn't deal with the strange configurations you created.

    There's nothing wrong with being a micro-managing control freak, but if you do you have to expect to have problems down the line when OS updates occur. Just start over, it's more fun that way anyways.
    Besides, how are Nvidia driver issues on Microsoft?

    bro67 said: View Post
    It took all but five minutes for it to break on my laptop. Way to bloated. nothing worked. going back to 8.1. Next year I will be running linux.
    I had been running the preview since February and not once had it break my system, thus I suspect your laptop took five minutes to break the OS.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 7
    10
       30 Jul 2015 #19

    fracking4oil said: View Post
    You might try uninstalling the Nvidia drivers with DDU (page is currently down, might try another source) and reinstalling hotfix 353.62. I had issues in the preview with the Nvidia drivers not completely uninstalling causing conflict. Also had an issue with both the preview and this release build installing the drivers without Nvidia Control Panel. If that doesn't help you might try Win 8.1 driver 344.75, according to the Nvidia forums it's much more stable than anything after even on Win 10.

    This has helped me , the Nvidia drivers were the cause of all this.

    Using DDU and installing the driver again has worked.

    Thank you

    There are a lot of issues and restrictions with Windows 10 and overall I can't say I am happy but at least it's useable now.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Apr 2014
    Space coast of Florida
    Posts : 4,351
    Windows 10 Pro X64 14393.576
       30 Jul 2015 #20

    Good to hear and good to have it verified so it can help others who have similar problem.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
File Explorer extremely slow and unstable.
So I just took part in the Windows 10 Insider Preview a couple of days ago, and I have to say, Windows 10 is a great step up from Windows 8, they did an excellent job so far. There's just one problem: File Explorer is extremely hard to use. Not only...
General Support
unstable picture size on films
Happy new year all, While watching films from my pc via hdmi to my large HD TV, I noticed that the picture size keeps varying ie width and hight. I tried several players all were the same. After further investigation I decided to Uncheck the...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums