Windows 10: Performance Options Settings Going Back to Default I Cannot Change Solved

  1.    31 Aug 2017 #1

    Performance Options Settings Going Back to Default I Cannot Change


    Hey guys.

    This options can be found on System - Advanced System Settings - Performance - Settings

    I wanna disable "Denetim ve öğe animasyonlarını pencere içinde göster" it's means "Show control and element animations in window" in english. But when i disable it and clicked okey after i restarted my pc this options going enabled again. I cannot change that it's going enabled everytime.

    I don't remember a problem before the cumulative update if i don't remember wrong.

    Does anybody know a idea to how to fix this problem?

    Thanks.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	232321.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	151169

    Edit:

    Okey i found it guys.
    If anyone know there is a program called "Wallpaper Engine" this programs changing my settings. When i disabled program my setting will be working like what i wanted.

    Sorry for taking you guys time. Thanks.
    Last edited by FinalKenpachi; 01 Sep 2017 at 07:50.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. Polo6RGTI's Avatar
    Posts : 358
    Windows 10 Pro WS x64 17134.286
       31 Aug 2017 #2

    FinalKenpachi said: View Post
    Hey guys.

    This options can be found on System - Advanced System Settings - Performance - Settings

    I wanna disable "Denetim ve öğe animasyonlarını pencere içinde göster" it's means "Show control and element animations in window" in english. But when i disable it and clicked okey after i restarted my pc this options going enabled again. I cannot change that it's going enabled everytime.

    I don't remember a problem before the cumulative update if i don't remember wrong.

    Does anybody know a idea to how to fix this problem?

    Thanks.
    Hi,

    Open regedit and go to this registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects\ControlAnimation s and change the values of the registry settings to the same as the settings I have included here below.

    I hope this will solve your problem.

    Code:
    ;Disable Animate Controls and Elements Inside Windows
      [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects\ControlAnimations]
      "CheckedValue"=dword:00000001
      "DefaultValue"=dword:00000000
    "UncheckedValue"=dword:00000000
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (65).png 
Views:	2 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	151192

    The same can be applied to the other visual effects default settings depending on your preferences.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (64).png 
Views:	27 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	151193
    Last edited by Polo6RGTI; 31 Aug 2017 at 07:42.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    31 Aug 2017 #3

    Polo6RGTI said: View Post
    Hi,

    Open regedit and go to this registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects\ControlAnimation s and change the values of the registry settings to the same as the settings I have included here below.

    I hope this will solve your problem.



    Hello. I did it. But after i restart my pc it's going enabled again.

    On Regedit it's looks "0" but when i checked System Options it's enabled.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. Polo6RGTI's Avatar
    Posts : 358
    Windows 10 Pro WS x64 17134.286
       01 Sep 2017 #4

    FinalKenpachi said: View Post
    Hello. I did it. But after i restart my pc it's going enabled again.

    On Regedit it's looks "0" but when i checked System Options it's enabled.
    Is your visual effects setting on Custom or Let Windows choose? If you select "Let Windows choose" the checkbox should be automatically unticked when the "DefaultValue" for "Animate Controls.." is set to 0 in the registry.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    01 Sep 2017 #5

    Polo6RGTI said: View Post
    Is your visual effects setting on Custom or Let Windows choose? If you select "Let Windows choose" the checkbox should be automatically unticked when the "DefaultValue" for "Animate Controls.." is set to 0 in the registry.
    It's Custom.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    01 Sep 2017 #6

    Okey i found it guys.
    If anyone know there is a program called "Wallpaper Engine" this programs changing my settings. When i disabled program my setting will be working like what i wanted.

    Sorry for taking you guys time. Thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Is not working. It says: "some settings are managed by your system administrator". I am the only user in the PC and I have administrator rights. UAC is on (without notifications). I want to be able to Hibernate the computer. This is Win10 x64 on...
Cant change default app settings in Software and Apps
Hi as stated I cant change any of the default app settings in windows 10. I tried to change my default browser to chrome,nothing happens after i click google chrome,its still edge. This also applies to other defaults like maps,music player,photo...
I am trying to have my computer boot Linux by default, from an external hard drive, while my internal drive has Windows 10 on it. Unfortunately I cannot get it to work: Windows 10 boots automatically at every restart and cold start. Steps I've...
Hi everyone, Look basically I have trawled through various forums looking for a solution and cannot find one. PROBLEM: 1. Initially I couldn't open photos on Laptop after I installed Windows 10 3 days ago. 2. Told in Account Settings to...
Is there any way to take Windows 10 back as if I had just installed it without losing programs I have installed?
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:29.
Find Us