Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1.    23 May 2017 #1
    Join Date : May 2017
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10

    RAM ISSUE. Only 2GB usable of 6.


    I've been having a problem with my laptop where it reads the 6gb of RAM installed but says that only 1.92 are usable. Can anybody help me solve this? I have Windows 10 64 bit. Please help, even the simplest tasks are slow with it
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    23 May 2017 #2
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 33,884
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by cromat18 View Post
    I've been having a problem with my laptop where it reads the 6gb of RAM installed but says that only 1.92 are usable. Can anybody help me solve this? I have Windows 10 64 bit. Please help, even the simplest tasks are slow with it
    Hi there, cromat18. Welcome to TenForums.

    Which laptop do you have? Which OS did you upgrade from? Was it 32 or 64 bit?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    23 May 2017 #3
    Join Date : May 2017
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Hi there, cromat18. Welcome to TenForums.

    Which laptop do you have? Which OS did you upgrade from? Was it 32 or 64 bit?
    I've got an HP laptop with an AMD A10 processor, 6GB of RAM, 1TB HDD. I upgraded from Windows 8, and belive it was x64 because it later upgraded to Windows 10 x64.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    23 May 2017 #4
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 33,884
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by cromat18 View Post
    I've got an HP laptop with an AMD A10 processor, 6GB of RAM, 1TB HDD. I upgraded from Windows 8, and belive it was x64 because it later upgraded to Windows 10 x64.
    Thanks fot that info. Which model do you have is what I meant?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    23 May 2017 #5
    Join Date : May 2017
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Thanks fot that info. Which model do you have is what I meant?
    I believe it is an HP m6-p113dx
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    23 May 2017 #6
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 33,884
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by cromat18 View Post
    I believe it is an HP m6-p113dx
    Do you know much about the BIOS and settings in it? If so, make sure it's set to default.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    23 May 2017 #7
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 33,884
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & Insider 10 Pro

    You may want to check the HP site to see what they recommend.

    Check BIOS Setup on your machine to ensure that a feature called 'Enable Memory Remapping' or similar is set to 'Enabled'. On some motherboards a BIOS update might be needed to ensure full compatibility. Basically, your motherboard chipset needs to be able to support addressing of 6Gb RAM, and support the Memory remapping feature. Otherwise it won't fully utilize 6Gb RAM under 64-bit Windows.

    I need to go to bed. Perhaps someone else may help you. Good luck to you and again, welcome.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    24 May 2017 #8
    Join Date : May 2017
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    You may want to check the HP site to see what they recommend.

    Check BIOS Setup on your machine to ensure that a feature called 'Enable Memory Remapping' or similar is set to 'Enabled'. On some motherboards a BIOS update might be needed to ensure full compatibility. Basically, your motherboard chipset needs to be able to support addressing of 6Gb RAM, and support the Memory remapping feature. Otherwise it won't fully utilize 6Gb RAM under 64-bit Windows.

    I need to go to bed. Perhaps someone else may help you. Good luck to you and again, welcome.
    Hey, I tried turning the BIOS settings to default but that didn't work. I couldn't find the option for Memory Remapping. Any other solitions?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    24 May 2017 #9
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 79
    8.1

    When You open Task Manager, How much does it show as In Use and Available ?

      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    24 May 2017 #10
    Join Date : May 2017
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Bat 1 View Post
    When You open Task Manager, How much does it show as In Use and Available ?

    It says 1.90 used of 1.92 available
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved usable ram is painfuly wrong 9.95gb out of 20gb usable?
so when i built my win 10 box it was registering roughly 18-19 gb of ram for usable and now its only at 9.95... any ideas? Oh, and ive already done the unchecking of the ram boxes in startup 117633
Drivers and Hardware
4gb RAM but only 3.47 gb usable
Hi, I have an ASRock H61M-VG3 Mother board with a maximum RAM amount of 16gb. I have 64bit Windows 10 Pro. I have 4gb of RAM but only 3.47 gb Usable. Does anyone know how to help because I would like it fixed because I am upgrading to 16gb Ram, and...
Drivers and Hardware
Solved 4GB out of 8 GB usable - how to fix?
Why is Windows reserving half of my RAM? How can I release it? Is my GPU stealing it? It has 4GB on the card. http://i.imgur.com/ZROTeOn.png 59210 Specs PSU: Cougar STX 650W 80 Plus Mobo: Asrock A75M-HVS P1.80 Processor: AMD Llano...
Performance & Maintenance
2.2gb Usable out of 4gb RAM.
Hello! I've just installed my windows 10 and since it was running slow on a 2gb ram, I decided to buy a 4gb stick on my 32bit system. Long story short, it only shows 2.2gb usable. 768mb(or something close to that figure) is reserved for the...
Performance & Maintenance
My RAM has only 1.7 GB Usable
My laptop has 2GB RAM but only 1.7 GB usable, can I get the remaining 0.3 GB?48281
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums