Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1.    03 Jun 2017 #41
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts : 51
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Yes, I press enter. No error message or anything, but W10 then booted with my usual screen saver. It seemed like that shouldn't be what should see.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    03 Jun 2017 #42
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts : 51
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Yes, I pressed enter. No error message or anything, but W10 then booted with my usual login screen with the W10 photo of a west coast ocean scene. It seemed like that shouldn't be what I should see.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    03 Jun 2017 #43
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 28,956
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by Augi1 View Post
    Yes, I press enter. No error message or anything, but W10 then booted with my usual screen saver. It seemed like that shouldn't be what should see.
    You are correct, it's not. How did you make the DVD? Try to list as much as you remember. Where you got the ISO. What software/procedure used to burn the ISO to the DVD. That sort of stuff.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    03 Jun 2017 #44
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts : 51
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    I downloaded the ISO file from Microsoft as instructed in the tutorial. I saved it to my desktop then went into file explorer and right clicked on the ISO file. I then asked to burn it to a DVD and asked to verify the disk.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    03 Jun 2017 #45
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts : 51
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    If It makes any difference, I only asked for 64 bit version.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    03 Jun 2017 #46
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 28,956
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by Augi1 View Post
    I downloaded the ISO file from Microsoft as instructed in the tutorial. I saved it to my desktop then went into file explorer and right clicked on the ISO file. I then asked to burn it to a DVD and asked to verify the disk.
    What you did was intuitively correct, but wrong type of burn, depending on how you did it. What you ended up with is a copy of the ISO, in whole, on your DVD. You did a DATA burn, not create a bootable DVD. If you put the DVD in your machine right now and just open it, you will see the ISO, all 4GB of it. Please verify that before the next step, please.

    If that is the case, I want you to get a copy of IMGBurn from MajorGeeks and install it. It is widely used and safe. It will create the correct image on your DVD. You will need a freash DVD, unless you are using re-writables.

    Download ImgBurn - MajorGeeks

    Verify the contents of the DVD you have first, please.

    P.S. - could you please tell me what tutorial you read to get the ISO downloaded.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    03 Jun 2017 #47
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts : 51
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    What I have on the disk now is ESD-ISO which is 4.37 GB. I am looking for IMGBurn and will get back in a few minutes after downloading it. I will also need to download the ISO file again as that disappeared when I did the reinstall. The DVD is a re-writable disk, but I think I'll use a fresh one to be on the safe side.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    03 Jun 2017 #48
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 28,956
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by Augi1 View Post
    What I have on the disk now is ESD-ISO which is 4.37 GB. I am looking for IMGBurn and will get back in a few minutes after downloading it. I will also need to download the ISO file again as that disappeared when I did the reinstall. The DVD is a re-writable disk, but I think I'll use a fresh one to be on the safe side.
    I understand. Yes, the ISO would have gone bye-bye. Smart to use a fresh one (no offense to my buddies who love re-writables ). Take your time.....

    As an alternative to IMGBurn, there is a built in Image Burner if you prefer. IMGBurn is preferred.

    Burn Disc Image from ISO or IMG file in Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    03 Jun 2017 #49
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts : 51
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    I have downloaded and installed IMGBurn, and have downloaded the W10 ISO. I looked at the tutorial you gave me a link to. That's what I used when I burned my current DVD. The files listed on the drive include boot, efi, sources, support, autorun, bootmgr, bootmgr.efi and setup. Is this correct? I have not yet used IMGBurn to create another disk. Let me know what I should do next.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    03 Jun 2017 #50
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 28,956
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by Augi1 View Post
    I have downloaded and installed IMGBurn, and have downloaded the W10 ISO. I looked at the tutorial you gave me a link to. That's what I used when I burned my current DVD. The files listed on the drive include boot, efi, sources, support, autorun, bootmgr, bootmgr.efi and setup. Is this correct? I have not yet used IMGBurn to create another disk. Let me know what I should do next.
    Those do sound correct. Did you say earlier that your system was Legacy, not UEFI?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Not getting back space even after disk clean up and ccleaner
Well, i notice the space keep on decreasing even without downloading anything, I tried disk clean up and use ccleaner but still not getting back any space, I would like to know what is the cause of this? Thanks
General Support
Clean Install - Disk at 100%
Seems several people are having this issue. I clean installed Windows 10 64 bit on 3 of my laptops. Two of them have spinning disks, one has an SSD. The one with the SSD is fine, disk usage sits under 10% when idle. The other two, on the other...
Performance & Maintenance
sudden loss of HD space
I had almost 300 g of 500 g free and suddenly it went to under 100 g. I did a system restore from before the memory loss and it is still there. can I find these 'files' and delete them or what is the problem?
Performance & Maintenance
Solved Hard Drive Space loss after expanding partition
Okay I have a small problem. I have a 120 gig solid state hard drive, that I have my OS installed on (Windows 10) I was going to install windows 7 on a second partition on that hard drive, so I shrank the current partition and it gave me...
Drivers and Hardware
Solved Clean install to different disk drive?
I have successfully upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 (and solved the initial network connection problems). However my OS has a lot of crud from the pre-upgrade state and I would like to do a clean install of Windows 10, without losing any...
Installation and Upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:26.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums