Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    15 May 2017 #1

    dual boot ubuntu how reclaim disk space


    hi I have win 10 home I put a dual boot on it and need to reclaim space on disk
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    15 May 2017 #2
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 5,984
    Windows10

    Quote Originally Posted by 10cc california View Post
    hi I have win 10 home I put a dual boot on it and need to reclaim space on disk
    That is nice to know. More information would be useful.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    15 May 2017 #3
    Join Date : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 4,250
    Mac OS Sierra

    You would need to remove the Ext partition and turn that section back into where you can extend the current partition. All of this can be done with a Ubuntu or Linux Mint Live DVD and use GParted.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    19 May 2017 #4

    dual boot 1000gb drive cut in half Ubuntu on one windows 10 on other I erased Ubuntu by mistake in disk options would like to fix the Ubuntu side back to pristine status
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    19 May 2017 #5
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    New Mexico
    Posts : 1,328
    Windows 10 Pro,

    Quote Originally Posted by bro67 View Post
    You would need to remove the Ext partition and turn that section back into where you can extend the current partition. All of this can be done with a Ubuntu or Linux Mint Live DVD and use GParted.


    I do not think that the OP wants to eliminate his Ubuntu partition.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    19 May 2017 #6
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 423
    Redstone_Two

    Quote Originally Posted by 10cc california View Post
    erased Ubuntu by mistake in disk options would like to fix the Ubuntu side back to pristine status
    See in disk management or in Minitool Partition Wizard and please post the screenshot.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    19 May 2017 #7
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    Los Angeles
    Posts : 1,042
    Windows 10 Pro

    Boot off of your Ubuntu Live CD or USB and install to the erased partition.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    25 May 2017 #8
    Join Date : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 4,250
    Mac OS Sierra

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I do not think that the OP wants to eliminate his Ubuntu partition.
    Reading it again, they want the whole drive for Windows 10. That means following the information that I posted to allow the drive to be used by Windows, since it cannot understand Linux Partition tables.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    25 May 2017 #9
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    New Mexico
    Posts : 1,328
    Windows 10 Pro,

    Quote Originally Posted by bro67 View Post
    Reading it again, they want the whole drive for Windows 10. That means following the information that I posted to allow the drive to be used by Windows, since it cannot understand Linux Partition tables.
    From my reading the OP is very happy with the partition layout but he wants to re-install Ubuntu. Maybe the OP can come back and explain exactly what he wants.

    On a side note, man the English language is funny. My reading and your reading are almost exactly opposite, but we both got out understanding from the same message.

    The OP needs to provide more information about his system and his goals.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    25 May 2017 #10
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    New Mexico
    Posts : 1,328
    Windows 10 Pro,

    Quote Originally Posted by 10cc california View Post
    dual boot 1000gb drive cut in half Ubuntu on one windows 10 on other I erased Ubuntu by mistake in disk options would like to fix the Ubuntu side back to pristine status

    This sounds to me like the OP is asking how to keep the partitions the same way that they are now and just fix Ubuntu without messing with Windows.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Remove dual boot - Ubuntu
Hi, I am running Widows 10 on a UEFI/EFI/GPT system. I'd like to try and install a Linux OS on another partition. Installing is not a problem my question relates to if I decide to remove Ubuntu, how will I repair my Window's bootloader? I've been...
Installation and Upgrade
Windows boot slowly after dual boot Ubuntu
I used to use Windows for my work and It used to boot very fast. However, after dual boot with Ubuntu, my windows boot time became very long, it was annoying. I deleted Ubuntu, FORMATED ALL DRIVE, devided partitions, reinstalled Windows but it is...
General Support
Ubuntu Dual Boot
I am using the non-metro Windows 10 boot loader to manage a dual boot setup (legacy BIOS) with Ubuntu. Generally, everything works fine. However, sometimes when I perform an update in Ubuntu, grub overwrites the Windows MBR. Then I have to use...
Installation and Upgrade
Dual boot Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.04?
Is it possible?
Installation and Upgrade
Ubuntu Boot option still available in UEFI BIOS after Dual Boot
Recently I played around with dual booting Linux Mint on my system. I decided that I would delete it for the present as I have other things to focus on. However, after deleting partitions and fixing my MBR to only boot windows my UEFI BIOS still...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums