Creators update component store shows corruption but unable to repair

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 591
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit; Windows 10 TP; KDE Neon
       #41

    Awesome, it works, thank you very much!!!

    1) I restored both of the exported-deleted Registry keys, thanks @gommace for the reg-tricks!
    2) After rebooting I exported+deleted the right keys this time!
    3) I rebooted.

    The results:

    Creators update component store shows corruption but unable to repair-done.png


    Thank you @Eagle51 and @gommace for your solution and support! :)
    @Brink, wouldn't you like to have a look at this? :)
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 2
    Windows 10
       #42

    It's still not really working as expected.
    1. I also first deleted the wrong keys. Although browsers were working fine again, dism failed;
    2. Replaced, correct ones deleted. But reboot got stuck at 'configuring windows' - > hard reboot. Then performance issues, but dism restore worked. And now Browsers won't work again...
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 2,826
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       #43

    Hi,

    Joanne said:
    Awesome, it works, thank you very much!!!

    1) I restored both of the exported-deleted Registry keys, thanks @gommace for the reg-tricks!
    2) After rebooting I exported+deleted the right keys this time!
    3) I rebooted.

    The results:

    Creators update component store shows corruption but unable to repair-done.png


    Thank you @Eagle51 and @gommace for your solution and support! :)
    @Brink, wouldn't you like to have a look at this? :)
    Did you import the exported keys afterwards (I now see you did) and run DISM again ?
    I'm asking because this trick sounds like side-stepping the issue. With all due respect to the person proposing it, it does not make sense to me.

    Cheers,
    Last edited by fdegrove; 17 Apr 2017 at 02:43.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 6
    Windows 10 1703
       #44

    fdegrove said:
    I'm asking because this trick sounds like side-stepping the issue. With all due respect to the person proposing it, it does not make sense to me.
    I completely agree. If we come to understand the problem better, define it as ignorable, I'm okay with a workaround to allow DISM to complete its tasks. I don't think this is the case.

    I'm going to dig into PowerShell and have it show all installed packages/components. Perhaps this will yield some results while removing/including the Insiders program
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 425
    10
       #45

    Wouldn't it be better just to wait for Microsoft to fix it eventually, I know they are bad about this but they usually fix the issue.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 591
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit; Windows 10 TP; KDE Neon
       #46

    fdegrove said:
    Hi,



    Did you import the exported keys afterwards (I now see you did) and run DISM again ?
    I'm asking because this trick sounds like side-stepping the issue. With all due respect to the person proposing it, it does not make sense to me.

    Cheers,
    Initially, I have deleted the wrong keys. Those I have restored.

    Then I deleted the right keys (see post #39). Those I have not restored. Those I have deleted from my system.

    I have not faced any issue. I am not facing any issue, and I will not face any issue -- that is my belief.

    - Can you prove to me that the keys I have deleted from my Registry and from my system, completely, will provoke any problem to me? Please use facts. Otherwise, please do not bother. All I did was to prove with screenshots that in my system DISM works, the way it works. I have NOT suggested this to anyone!

    As for waiting for Microsoft to fix this.... I think that this issue has been reported a lot and it is present for quite some time now... Not sure...

    I AM SURE about another issue though: after each upgrade the NVIDIA driver has to be re-installed or clean-installed, due to the crippled openCL.dll files, in System32 and SysWoW64! I have shown this, very recently, with screenshots!

    Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image - Page 40 - Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials


    Do you know for HOW LONG this issue exists?? Personally, I have reported this MONTHS ago! In my Feedback Hub I have this report, and others reported it as well, and we are all upvoting, and reporting, and an Engineer from Microsoft has been informed or something like that and NVIDIA has also released a Creators Update driver!

    And still, I needed to clean install the driver...

    So, yeah, thanks for your patience.
    Last edited by Joanne; 17 Apr 2017 at 07:39.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 24,494
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #47

    Redbatman said:
    Wouldn't it be better just to wait for Microsoft to fix it eventually, I know they are bad about this but they usually fix the issue.
    That is the safest approach, and the one I'm taking. In the mean time, it's known that an offline repair works, should it be needed.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 2,826
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       #48

    Hi,

    - Can you prove to me that the keys I have deleted from my Registry and from my system, completely, will provoke any problem to me? Please use facts. Otherwise, please do not bother. All I did was to prove with screenshots that in my system DISM works, the way it works. I have NOT suggested this to anyone!
    My main point is that DISM isnt working properly leading people into believing there's something wrong when there isn't.
    Provided SFC /SCANNOW is not returning any error then all is fine.
    Dism actually does find the source, it just does not find the refrence it's told to look for, that's all.

    Cheers,
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Pro
       #49

    Juliano said:
    It's still not really working as expected.
    1. I also first deleted the wrong keys. Although browsers were working fine again, dism failed;
    2. Replaced, correct ones deleted. But reboot got stuck at 'configuring windows' - > hard reboot. Then performance issues, but dism restore worked. And now Browsers won't work again...
    what do u mean by browser does not work?
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 853
    Windows 10 Pro 21H1 build 19043.1706
       #50

    Bree said:
    That is the safest approach, and the one I'm taking. In the mean time, it's known that an offline repair works, should it be needed.
    Same here I would only use DISM if there was a problem that affected my use of my PC's and as I have images to restore from, I'm not going to burst a blood vessel over this.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:56.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums