Small issue after upgrading to creator's update

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 25
    Windows 11 Pro x64
       #1

    Small issue after upgrading to creator's update


    So I just have this error in the event viewer ever since I upgraded to win 10 creators update.

    Event 7000 Service Control Manager

    The CldFlt service failed to start due to the following error: The request is not supported.

    Any idea what service is this tied to?Or why I'm getting this in the event viewer?

    Edit*

    Ok found how to fix it.Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\CldFlt and change where it says Start from the default value of 2 change it to 4.No more error in the event viewer and everything seems to be working just fine.
    Last edited by Black Faith; 05 Apr 2017 at 13:20. Reason: Found a fix.
      My Computer


  2. WOT
    Posts : 471
    Win 10 Pro 15063.332 (ex-Insider)
       #2

    Just for the record, I get that event viewer error as well. The description for cldflt is "Cloud Files Mini Filter Driver." Now, OneDrive might be the culprit because I uninstalled it, disabled integration, and removed the icon from file explorer (thanks Brink) so, if that registry entry remained, it would make sense that it would report the cldflt service as unsupported. However, I am leaving mine on because I am not sure if any new Cloud Services are being introduced in the Creator Update final release.

    Thanks for sharing your fix.

    WOT
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 48
    win10
       #3

    Black Faith said:
    So I just have this error in the event viewer ever since I upgraded to win 10 creators update.

    Event 7000 Service Control Manager

    The CldFlt service failed to start due to the following error: The request is not supported.

    Any idea what service is this tied to?Or why I'm getting this in the event viewer?

    Edit*

    Ok found how to fix it.Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\CldFlt and change where it says Start from the default value of 2 change it to 4.No more error in the event viewer and everything seems to be working just fine.
    I get this error to and i did uninstall onedrive, i gona this try
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 25
    Windows 11 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #4

    WOT said:
    Just for the record, I get that event viewer error as well. The description for cldflt is "Cloud Files Mini Filter Driver." Now, OneDrive might be the culprit because I uninstalled it, disabled integration, and removed the icon from file explorer (thanks Brink) so, if that registry entry remained, it would make sense that it would report the cldflt service as unsupported. However, I am leaving mine on because I am not sure if any new Cloud Services are being introduced in the Creator Update final release.


    Thanks for sharing your fix.

    WOT
    I don't think that service does anything at all anyway since the service fails to start in the first place and gives that error so I don't think there is any point in leaving it on:)
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 101
    10Pro x64 [2004]
       #5

    same event ID (7000, CldFlt) and, in addition, a lot of ID 37 (AppContainer profile failed with error 0x800700B7 because it was unable to register AppContainer SID), (frequency = 2xID 37 for each logon)
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 25
    Windows 11 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Ita1 said:
    same event ID (7000, CldFlt) and, in addition, a lot of ID 37 (AppContainer profile failed with error 0x800700B7 because it was unable to register AppContainer SID), (frequency = 2xID 37 for each logon)
    You can hide those errors if you want.As long as all your apps are running fine and updating on the windows store is working fine I would either ignore those events or disable the AppModel-Runtime log which is responsible for showing those events.You can disable it in event viewer under applications and services logs - microsoft - windows - appmodel-runtime.Don't forget to clear the log if you decide to disable it.So the events you got so far won't show up anymore.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 19
    Windows 10 x64 Professional
       #7

    I'm also getting the CldFlt and two Appcontainer error ID 37's per logon. Would prefer a better answer than "turn the log off", if anyone has one.

    I will note that if you look in the log these ID 37 errors are coming from, they're each paired with this Information event:

    "AppContainer onecore\ds\security\gina\profile\profext\appcontainer.cpp Line:1957 Usermode Font Driver Host microsoft.windows.fontdrvhost was not created because it already exists."

    Well, I don't know for sure they're related, but you get two of these in the same second that you get the two errors.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 25
    Windows 11 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #8

    Don't think your gonna find much of a fix for those errors.Sadly too much is still new and starting with windows 8 and the introduction of those annoying apps these kinda errors are hard to actually fix.I wish it were as easy as fixing every little quirck and bug in windows 7.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 117
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit
       #9

    I have this same error in the Event Viewer as well, under Windows logs / System
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 95
    W7 x64 & W10 Pro x64 (Dual boot)
       #10

    Hi,

    I fixed the issue, it does not cure the problem, until MS releases a hotfix BUT it prevents those entries from appearing in Event Viewer logs. Simply go to Regedit, (Admin), navigate to:
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WMI\Autologger\EventLog-Application\{f1ef270a-0d32-4352-ba52-dbab41e1d859} and modify, to the right pane the "Enabled" value from 1 to 0.
    REBOOT.
    No more logging. Do the same for each GUID giving you an error or warning. Enjoy!
    Also, if in Event Viewer the error category is under "System" then navigate to:
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WMI\Autologger\EventLog-System and do the same for the GUID giving you the problem. You can find the GUID if you see the Details view of the error, example:
    - System
    - Provider
    [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-AppModel-Runtime
    [ Guid] {F1EF270A-0D32-4352-BA52-DBAB41E1D859}
    EventID 37
    Version
    Level 2
    Task

    As for the Cldflt error, I modified:
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CldFlt and set startup type to 3. No more errors or warnings of any kind...
    Last edited by Vaio 7; 07 Apr 2017 at 11:47.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:56.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums