100% Disk: WPR_Initiated_DiagTrackAotLogger_WPR System Collector.etl

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 5
    Windows 10
       #1

    100% Disk: WPR_Initiated_DiagTrackAotLogger_WPR System Collector.etl


    Disk usage spikes to 100% all the time with only FF browser open - and even with nothing open. Already disabled Windows Search and Superfetch. Resource Monitor shows "WPR_Initiated_DiagTrackAotLogger_WPR System Collector.etl" using 900K B/Sec:

    Image PID File Read (B/sec) Write (B/sec) Total (B/sec) I/O Priority Response Time (ms)
    System 4 C:\Windows\Temp\WPR_initiated_DiagTrackAotLogger_WPR System Collector.etl 287,045 647,656 934,701 Normal 3

    I have no idea if this is the cause, this is just always at the top of Disk in Resource Monitor. Task Manager for Disk has the highest using Disk at 0.3 MB/s so it's not showing whatever is using all that Disk.

    See screenshots of Resource Monitor, Task Manager, Windows Temp file
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100% Disk: WPR_Initiated_DiagTrackAotLogger_WPR System Collector.etl-resourcemonitor.jpg   100% Disk: WPR_Initiated_DiagTrackAotLogger_WPR System Collector.etl-windows-temp.jpg   100% Disk: WPR_Initiated_DiagTrackAotLogger_WPR System Collector.etl-tskmngr.jpg  
    Last edited by tufa4311; 11 Dec 2016 at 01:28.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 2
    Windows 10
       #2

    tufa4311 said:
    Disk usage spikes to 100% all the time with only FF browser open - and even with nothing open. Already disabled Windows Search and Superfetch. Resource Monitor shows "WPR_Initiated_DiagTrackAotLogger_WPR System Collector.etl" using 900K B/Sec:

    Image PID File Read (B/sec) Write (B/sec) Total (B/sec) I/O Priority Response Time (ms)
    System 4 C:\Windows\Temp\WPR_initiated_DiagTrackAotLogger_WPR System Collector.etl 287,045 647,656 934,701 Normal 3

    I have no idea if this is the cause, this is just always at the top of Disk in Resource Monitor. Task Manager for Disk has the highest using Disk at 0.3 MB/s so it's not showing whatever is using all that Disk.

    See screenshots of Resource Monitor, Task Manager, Windows Temp file
    I have the same
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 16
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #3

    Same issue here, too. Very curious! For me, it happened right after upgrading to 14393.479, and only on 1 of my PCs I think.

    Note: I found a quick workaround to stop it until next reboot:
    Start Command Prompt (Admin), then type: WPR -cancel
    ... but for me, after rebooting, the WPR logging started right up again.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 5
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Jacob Klein said:
    Same issue here, too. Very curious! For me, it happened right after upgrading to 14393.479, and only on 1 of my PCs I think.

    Note: I found a quick workaround to stop it until next reboot:
    Start Command Prompt (Admin), then type: WPR -cancel
    ... but for me, after rebooting, the WPR logging started right up again.
    That worked however WPR is supposed to be what is used to diagnose what the problem - not to cause the problem!? 90% of the suggestions to fix this issue say to download WPR and run an analysis - looks like this WPR is getting hung and keeps the disk at 100%.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 1
    Windows 10
       #5

    Hi I also have the same problem and I have tried everything, however in my resource monitor is says that C:\Windows\Temp\WPR_initated_DiagTrackAotLogger_WPR System Collector.etl is using up a lot of my total disk from my System. 100% Disk: WPR_Initiated_DiagTrackAotLogger_WPR System Collector.etl-cu8cxnz.png
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 1
    Windows 10
       #6

    Hi,
    i have exactly the same problem. After some searching i have found the service "DiagTrack" that i have stopped and 100% usage stopped. I'm hoping this problem will get fixed.
      My Computer

  7. xraiderv1's Avatar
    Posts : 173
    windows 10 home
       #7

    and I have the same EXACT problem! I thought it was me!
      My Computer

  8. xraiderv1's Avatar
    Posts : 173
    windows 10 home
       #8

    JackOneil said:
    Hi,
    i have exactly the same problem. After some searching i have found the service "DiagTrack" that i have stopped and 100% usage stopped. I'm hoping this problem will get fixed.

    jack hit on a workaround! well done jack!
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 3
    Windows 10
       #9

    Jacob Klein said:
    Same issue here, too. Very curious! For me, it happened right after upgrading to 14393.479, and only on 1 of my PCs I think.

    Note: I found a quick workaround to stop it until next reboot:
    Start Command Prompt (Admin), then type: WPR -cancel
    ... but for me, after rebooting, the WPR logging started right up again.
    The more annoying part about this is that `WPR -status` says nothing's recording and that running `WPR -cancel` will return an error if no profile is recording. So that's garbage in and of itself.

    I don't know what the right answer to solve this is but it's not what I did, which was to create a batch file with this `WPR -cancel` command and add a shortcut to it in the startup folder. Now every time I restart, it run the cancel command.
      My Computer

  10. xraiderv1's Avatar
    Posts : 173
    windows 10 home
       #10

    load task manager, click on services tab, click on name to reorder it alphabetically, scroll down to find DiagTrack, right click, click stop.

    credit to JackOneil
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:51.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums