Windows 10: Strange sluggish performance after update.
Strange sluggish performance after update.
After the last major Windows update, I've started to experience abrnomally slow response for several basic Windows actions. The system will hang there for 5-10 or even 30+ seconds before the action is performed. Here are some examples:
- Clicking to highlight a file, folder, or icon.
- Clicking a text field, such as the Search field and address field
- Typing in general
- Notification windows - delay in displaying any content. Strange thing is that the buttons can be pressed even though they don't display.
- Menu dropdowns delay in display
- Menu bar hover popups and tooltips
These are things I've done already to eliminate potential causes:
- Checked the Task Manager to make sure memory and CPU load are normal (they are).
- Updated video driver.
- Turned off Windows Defender
- Turned of anti-virus
- Disabled any overclocking of CPU and video card
Memory and processor-intensive software and games run normally.
Any ideas on what's causing this?
I have a HP 500 277c w/ I7 3.40 Ghz processor and 12 gb of memory. Prior to install of update I could run multiple programs with no problem. Since install I can only run one program at a time. Anything more and the systems slows and gets...
Windows 10 - 1607 has a general slow response loading programs:
-Control Panel 4"
- Event Viewer - 47"(till all data is loaded)
First post here so hello to everyone out there :)
I have a budget tablet with low end specs which was working fine, even with its limitations. It's a Chuwi Hi12 Tablet (windows 10 and Android 5.1 dual boot). Since the update it's sluggish, frame...
I've had a problem on one of my Windows 10 PCs for a while where the CPU usage spikes when you open the start menu, causing a considerable slowdown which continues for quite a long time afterwards. I'd assumed it was a problem with SearchUI.exe as...
After the big November update (build 586.11) I started having problems with all games slowing down to a crawl.
I have a notebook with an ATI Mobility Radeon R7 and a Core I7 CPU and I never had any problems before this update.
So far I've...