Windows 10: I game alot..what component makes me lag? memory, graphcard/videocard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    22 Nov 2016 #11

    I personally believe if you are using an AMD CPU then use a Graphics Card that's has 384-Bit / 512-Bit Memory which helps a lot with modern games as Games seems to struggle with lesser Bit-Rates, this is from experience rather than theory though ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    22 Nov 2016 #12

    RoadBlaster said: View Post
    I personally believe if you are using an AMD CPU then use a Graphics Card that's has 384-Bit / 512-Bit Memory which helps a lot with modern games as Games seems to struggle with lesser Bit-Rates, this is from experience rather than theory though ?
    This whole statement is just wrong. What you are referring to is the memory bandwidth. A 680 and a 580 have the same bandwidth, yet the 680 is ~30% faster. A Fury X has about 50% more bandwidth than a 980Ti, yet it is generally slower. The 780Ti and 980Ti have the same bandwidth, yet the 980Ti is about 40% faster. Bandwidth alone doesn't determine anything. And i have no idea how you would relate that to an "AMD CPU" either.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    22 Nov 2016 #13

    Bandwidth mattered with older cards because of low memory bandwidth.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    22 Nov 2016 #14

    Carsomyr said: View Post
    This whole statement is just wrong. What you are referring to is the memory bandwidth. A 680 and a 580 have the same bandwidth, yet the 680 is ~30% faster. A Fury X has about 50% more bandwidth than a 980Ti, yet it is generally slower. The 780Ti and 980Ti have the same bandwidth, yet the 980Ti is about 40% faster. Bandwidth alone doesn't determine anything. And i have no idea how you would relate that to an "AMD CPU" either.
    With AMD CPU's using AMD Graphics cards they have a wide bandwidth so they can compete with the "Intel" competitors, as I have said before which I will repeat here "this is from experience rather than theory though"
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    22 Nov 2016 #15

    When talking abut bandwidth of graphic cards it's the bandwidth of GPU to VRAM and it's in no relation to CPU. Intel processors control bus lane for PCIe while on AMD platform it's MB and north bridge that are in control.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    22 Nov 2016 #16

    Well lets explain it with practical experience & not theory then - about 4 years ago I purchased from new a VTX 7870 GPU which I now know to be 384-Bit, this card ran NFS - The Run at High settings with a real smooth motion with no lag in multiplayer, I sold it before I realised what a great gpu it really was.

    Last year I purchased a R9 380 256-Bit Graphics card I played NFS - The Run as a benchmark & it would not even plays smooth at low settings with stutter & they are supposed to be the same GPU ?

    Thus proving my practical experience & in a few days will prove it again with another GPU a 7970 384-Bit
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    22 Nov 2016 #17

    CountMike said: View Post
    When talking abut bandwidth of graphic cards it's the bandwidth of GPU to VRAM and it's in no relation to CPU. Intel processors control bus lane for PCIe while on AMD platform it's MB and north bridge that are in control.
    That is why i said I had no idea how he got this is related to an AMD CPU :P And as far as your GPU comparison goes that probably had nothing to do with the bandwidth.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Related Threads
What is the use of this program and can I make it use less CPU? I heard people saying that a virus can cause this but thats only when idle.. (it only uses around 2.2% on idle) when I fire up a game it jumps up to around 14-30% usage.
Updating Component Registration in Software and Apps
Hello, I'm having the issue where installs don't work, but just get stuck on Updating component registration. On Windows 7 to fix this you had to remove update KB2918614, but now I can't find a way to do it as that update is not longer around....
Process taking up alot of memory. in Performance & Maintenance
Hey guys, so I have this process it's taking up alot of memory. 45464 My computer Stats: 45465
Alot of bugs, can't find a fix in General Support
Hello, I have a problem: Nothing opens when I press the items at the little icons near the clock at the taskbar. Also, all the programs that I pinned to the taskbar have a problem: I can't right click on them. I also found out that when I...
A simple fix for alot of Windows 10 issues in Performance & Maintenance
Since Windows 10 came out alot of people have had issues concerning alot of aspects in Windows 10, i have been serving ppl as a free tech supporter and i thought to include some fixes here, alot of ppl are panicking, and avoid going to a service...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:53.
Find Us