Windows 10: After Running AVG and Avast!, Really Bad Lag

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 12
    Windows 10 64x
       01 Oct 2016 #1

    After Running AVG and Avast!, Really Bad Lag


    I had accidentally installed something with a virus, so I brought my computer to a repair shop. They never went inside the computer or anything, but they installed and ran AVG, and after that they ran Avast!, after Avast! they ran Malwarebytes, and then they ran CCleaner. They also uninstalled all of them after they finished, but left on extensions such as Web of Trust, Disconnect and Ad Blocker. Now, my computer is super slow when doing basic tasks such as YouTube -- which it never has had any problem running over 100 tabs and playing like 10 of them! YouTube stutters and freezes and repeats audio or frames, and it's really scary (sometimes earbleedingly loud) and annoying. My computer has nothing taking up 99% of RAM or Disk, CPU, or Network.

    To add on, now, when I download a game from Steam, my entire computer has system-wide lag of my mouse and the entire computer and I can't even voice chat without earbleeding audio that freezes and repeats so much that it actually scares me. My computer takes a few extra seconds to load anything, and anything that installs something will give me massive lag even if it's not intensive.

    My computer has never ever ever had any of these problems and I don't really know what happened to cause it, but it is now incredibly slow. Can anyone recommend me anything I can do to speed it up? It is very annoying and scary and I have no idea what's wrong with it. It isn't malware or a virus, so I think this goes in this section though I may be wrong. My apologies if so. Thank you for any help.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    02 Oct 2016 #2

    I think you may need to do either a repair install or a clean installation (preferred).

    BTW. It seems the repair shop did a bad job on its behalf.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 12
    Windows 10 64x
    Thread Starter
       02 Oct 2016 #3

    eLPuSHeR said: View Post
    I think you may need to do either a repair install or a clean installation (preferred).

    BTW. It seems the repair shop did a bad job on its behalf.
    My computer didn't come with a repair or install disc so I can't do that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 2,289
    Windows 10.3 Home 1703 x64 (Home per choice)
       02 Oct 2016 #4

    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

    I would consider bringing PC back to them to fix it under the warranty, but who knows, what would they mess up again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 12
    Windows 10 64x
    Thread Starter
       02 Oct 2016 #5

    TairikuOkami said: View Post
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

    I would consider bringing PC back to them to fix it under the warranty, but who knows, what would they mess up again.
    That is why I am afraid to bring it back, considering they charged me $50 for Googling "free antivirus software" and then running it. They could've easily accidentally installed another virus in the process of 'fixing' it, thankfully they didn't but I am unsure if I want to risk that, you know?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    02 Oct 2016 #6

    it could be for a lot of reasons , some one should have a close look to your System , So If you have some one You can really trust , download team viewer "remote log in app"and asks him to have a look ,the shop was not computer filed related , they should at least ask for the PC abnormal behavior to determine what they are dealing with ! .

    Some suggestions of mine are two software's "free but you have to uninstall them after finish or buy" :

    Advanced System Care :http://www.iobit.com/en/advancedsystemcarefree.php to scan system for Issues.

    &

    IOBIT Uninstaller http://www.iobit.com/en/advanceduninstaller.php to identify and uninstall any unfinished uninstall Process's .
    Last edited by Moawia307; 02 Oct 2016 at 03:48. Reason: links added
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    02 Oct 2016 #7

    I would not recommend using team viewer or similar software for someone who is new to computers. I would take the computer to a local trusted repair place and ask them to look at it.

    I'm curious as to what you mean by "charged me $50 for Googling "free antivirus software"", Google is free.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 12
    Windows 10 64x
    Thread Starter
       02 Oct 2016 #8

    swarfega said: View Post
    I would not recommend using team viewer or similar software for someone who is new to computers. I would take the computer to a local trusted repair place and ask them to look at it.

    I'm curious as to what you mean by "charged me $50 for Googling "free antivirus software"", Google is free.
    They didn't delete their history and told me they found 'several trojans' which were actually mostly false positives. They quite literally went to Google and typed in "free antivirus software", installed the first advertisement they saw on Google (which happened to be AVG) and ran a scan. After that finished they installed Avast! and ran that. After Avast! finished, they reinstalled my Malwarebytes and ran that. And after Malwarebytes finished, they reinstalled my CCleaner and ran that. After they finished, they then installed Web of Trust's Chrome extension, AdBlock's Chrome extension (which I already had... gee, what great attention skills they have) and then they installed something called Disconnect, though I am not so sure of what it does as I got rid of it rather quickly.

    Now my computer is having some really weird audio issues and general system-wide computer lag issues, but they didn't install anything malicious or take my case off and check computer parts, so I am quite unsure what is wrong.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 12
    Windows 10 64x
    Thread Starter
       02 Oct 2016 #9

    Moawia307 said: View Post
    it could be for a lot of reasons , some one should have a close look to your System , So If you have some one You can really trust , download team viewer "remote log in app"and asks him to have a look ,the shop was not computer filed related , they should at least ask for the PC abnormal behavior to determine what they are dealing with ! .

    Some suggestions of mine are two software's "free but you have to uninstall them after finish or buy" :

    Advanced System Care :http://www.iobit.com/en/advancedsystemcarefree.php to scan system for Issues.

    &

    IOBIT Uninstaller http://www.iobit.com/en/advanceduninstaller.php to identify and uninstall any unfinished uninstall Process's .

    iObit rips stuff from other companies. No hard feelings, but judging from your grammar, I am guessing you work for them.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 2,289
    Windows 10.3 Home 1703 x64 (Home per choice)
       02 Oct 2016 #10

    f0xx said: View Post
    iObit rips stuff from other companies. No hard feelings, but judging from your grammar, I am guessing you work for them.
    I did not wanted to say it like that, but yes, not to mention a false advertising. 300% faster computer, yeah right.

    I would suggest to use system restore prior to their excellent work, but the problem is, it restores viruses as well.
    For starters download and run Avastclear and AVG Remover tool (C Option) to make sure, all leftovers are gone.

    Avast Uninstall Utility | Download aswClear for Avast Removal

    How to uninstall AVG software | AVG Support

    Download WC.bat and run it as admin, it will take a while, when it asks what to clean, select everything.
    After Running AVG and Avast!, Really Bad Lag Attached Files
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Solved Avast using 15-30% CPU in idle in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
I installed Avast anti-virus free on my new Windows 10 install, and now I'm noticing the CPU constantly fluctuating around 15-30%, when the computer is just sitting idle. Task Manager shows it is Avast. What component of Avast is constantly...
Avast Antivirus Problem in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Hi, I have a desktop PC and recently installed windows10 OS Then when that was up and running I went to install an antivirus. I wasn't aware that Windows Defender was part of the package and so I went to look for an antivirus program. I like...
Avast says its on, but not according to Windows in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
my mistake, please delete:)
Avast and SyncBack Free in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Upgraded to Windows 10 on all of my systems (desktop, laptop, tablet) and have been using Avast Free as my antivirus software. No problem until today (9/16/2015) when Avast reported SyncBack Free as Malware and moved it to quarantine. Downloaded...
Solved Cannot unistall avast. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
So i upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. I had as antivirus avast, now i want to unistall it but windows is coming up with an error "this program has compatibility issues. So what can i do now?
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:36.
Find Us